I could really use some prayers
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I could really use some prayers

I could really use some prayers

Hi all, I'm going thru probably the most stressful time in my 41 years right now and can use all the prayers I can get. It seems I have a urological issue that's apparently been plaguing me for most of my adult life, but has for the most part been silent until now, and has resulted in my having a damaged bladder that may never recover fully. I am having surgery on Aug 17th to hopefully correct the problem, but it sounds like my life is going to be forever changed as I may have to learn to "self-catheterize" myself several times a day if this doesn't help. It's a relatively simple procedure but needless to say I'm absolutely petrified. These past 2 weeks have been an emotional rollercoaster for me, and although I've never been a greatly religious person (I do believe there is a God and have accepted him as my Savior) I think I've prayed more in the past 2 weeks than I have in many years. I can only hope HE is hearing them and can finally let me hear some good news after the surgery.

I know things could always be worse and am fortunate that I've always been in good health for the most part, but I can use all the support and prayers I can get so I can get all this behind me. One never realizes how fortunate they are till the simplest things they've always taken for granted like going for a bike ride or a run are temporarily taken away from them.

Thank you all.

Darrell

Blog Entries
    Prayers promised my friend!!! Hang tough!
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

I understand how you feel Darrell,I'ts the not knowing part that sux,Have faith and stay positive,I'll be thinking/praying for you.You're never alone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Patrick

Good luck, and I hope you make a full recovery.

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.......
    ..."He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose" -Jim Elliot

You have my prayers & support! :salute:

The human body has a knack for healing itself, although sometimes it needs a bit of help from the docs. Don't worry yourself about that self-catheterization stuff for now. Stay positive and hopefully the surgery will have a good outcome. We'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

hews

I will add my voice to the chorus of petitions being sent to the Almighty One on your behalf. Keep us posted on how things go...and know that we are hear to lend an ear and support to you and all our brothers and sisters in Flight Sim.

Tim
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Darrell,

Please try not to worry over things you cannot control. Focus forward, be as positive as you can be, and allow those of us pulling for you have a straight conduit to the power of healing.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    Darrell,
    As many here I shall hold you in my Prayers..
    And when two or more agree, Our Lord Does listen..
    May you be Strengthened, and your Blessings be many

AMEN

Quote Originally Posted by HouseHobbit View Post
    Darrell,
    As many here I shall hold you in my Prayers..
    And when two or more agree, Our Lord Does listen..
    May you be Strengthened, and your Blessings be many

AMEN

I'll agree with HouseHobbit.
    In our thoughts and prayers here, Darrell.
    "No, I'm not a good shot, but I shoot often." - Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt

Thank you all. I'm definitely trying to stay positive. Depending on whether the surgery is done with a laser or the more traditional method I'll either go home the same day or be staying overnight. I'll keep everyone informed.

Darrell

My Prayer go out to you friend hang in there .

Ken Stallings
    You asked and you shall receive -- and not from us, but from the Big Guy upstairs!

Ken

Happiness Consultant
    Petitions for favor are ascending. :salute:
    "Trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty!" John Adams 1772

Snuffy / Ted

Blog Entries
    We wish you a full recovery. Regardless of what happens, your attitude will make a big difference. Keep the faith and keep your chin up, my friend.

God is never far away. Remember the poem, Footprints in the Sand. He carries us when needed.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    your attitude will make a big difference. Keep the faith and keep your chin up, my friend.
    hews500d, best of luck to you on the 17th, I have had my own "health issues" and I know what it feels like to be on that emotional rollercoaster. Jimg's words are right on the money ATTITUDE is as important as the skill of the Surgeon, and having FAITH in the good Doctors, Yourself and your God (regardless of your religion) is what you need to concentrate on. Have Faith, and heal fast!
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Freedom , everyone enjoys it, very few defend it. - If You Won't Stand Behind Our Troops then feel free to stand in front!

Darrell,

I will say some prayers for you. I too, suffered some urological problems. I underwent prostate surgery. A procedure called a TURP (Transurethral resection of the prostate). It helped my problem immensely. I pray you go through your surgery, whatever is being done, and all is better for you.

Pete

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Hey Darrell,

This storm too shall surely pass. Stay faithful. Be the warrior of faith.

I would like to say a prayer here.

'Father God. Lord, we pray for Darrell. Please bless him with total healing. May you work a great miracle in Darrell. We pray also Father that you would bless him with the faith and hope he needs to get him through this time. We pray that he will come through this healed and better then he was before. We ask this in the precious name of Jesus our Saviour.

Amen.. '
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Pearl Harbor Project developer
    Thoughts and prayers delivered... all family here.

Concentrate on getting well after surgery. The human body is an incredible machine. Most important is your positive outlook on life.
    crashAZ- Virtual Navy
    [SIGPIC]http://www.sim-outhouse.net/images/rtwr2013/rtwr2013_sm.png[/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Darrell,

I will say some prayers for you. I too, suffered some urological problems. I underwent prostate surgery. A procedure called a TURP (Transurethral resection of the prostate). It helped my problem immensely. I pray you go through your surgery, whatever is being done, and all is better for you.

Pete
    Thank you Pete. That's the same thing I'm going to have. My aunt's husband had it also and said he would do it again in a heartbeat if he had to.

I definitely feel for anyone with problems like this, it's not a lot of fun.

Darrell

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    Hey Darrell,

This storm too shall surely pass. Stay faithful. Be the warrior of faith.

I would like to say a prayer here.

'Father God. Lord, we pray for Darrell. Please bless him with total healing. May you work a great miracle in Darrell. We pray also Father that you would bless him with the faith and hope he needs to get him through this time. We pray that he will come through this healed and better then he was before. We ask this in the precious name of Jesus our Saviour.

Amen.. '
    Thank you Lionheart.

I had something encouraging happen last night. We had a beautiful clear evening so I went outside to gaze at the stars a few minutes, said a little prayer asking that He show me a sign everything would be ok. Well a few minutes go by and nothing, it got to the point where I was like "God, are you hearing me?" within 5 seconds, I saw this beautiful meteor streaking across the sky, so I think I got my answer

Darrell

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    Darrell,
    God takes care of us all the time. Even when we don't realize it. Try not to fear this upcoming surgery and life changes it may bring. Some of those changes will be for the better. Remember that part. It's not like your having it done just for something to do. It needs to be done. And you will adjust to the changes it brings and you will get through this. And just maybe this will bring you closer to the Lord. Remember, we don't just want God as our Co-Pilot. We should want him AS our Pilot and us as the co-pilot. My guess is that God will use you and your situation to help someone else down the road. It usually works out like that.
    I'll be praying for you.

Tom

Darrel,,
    I to am in a urologial nightmare at this time..i feel your pain...ive passed 4 stones in five years,and currantly have a 1.5cm stone sittin in my left kidney,i guess i can feek it shift and it causes immense pain,and i urinate about 10 times a night....lol..i know my syptoms are not yours so i dont know exactly what ya going though..just wanted to let ya know..im with ya in missery..lol....

my prayers are with you as well,i wish you a safe surgery on the 17th and hope its a simple outpacient thing.

we need a super secret SOH (brotherhood/sisterhood) icon just for the members( oh how my mind wanders...good meds i tell ya...)

Dave
    pic is the recient stone i passed camaired to a dine...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Daveroo View Post
    Darrel,,
    I to am in a urologial nightmare at this time..i feel your pain...ive passed 4 stones in five years,and currantly have a 1.5cm stone sittin in my left kidney,i guess i can feek it shift and it causes immense pain,and i urinate about 10 times a night....lol..i know my syptoms are not yours so i dont know exactly what ya going though..just wanted to let ya know..im with ya in missery..lol....

my prayers are with you as well,i wish you a safe surgery on the 17th and hope its a simple outpacient thing.

we need a super secret SOH (brotherhood/sisterhood) icon just for the members( oh how my mind wanders...good meds i tell ya...)

Dave
    pic is the recient stone i passed camaired to a dine...lol
    Dave, that stone looks rather painful. I've never had one and won't complain if I never have one! I'll be praying for you as well that you get relief soon!

Darrell