What war's rare aircraft interest you? - Page 3

View Poll Results: What war periods rare aircraft would you like to see in sim?

Voters
362. You may not vote on this poll
  • World War 2

201 55.52%
  • Korean War

82 22.65%
  • Vietnam War

73 20.17%
  • Cold War (Anything made in russia from the 50's to today)

99 27.35%
  • Gulf Wars 1 & 2

38 10.50%
  • Iraq & Afghanistan Wars

24 6.63%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What war's rare aircraft interest you?

Doesn't anybody like early helicopters?

- Aerospatiale Alouette II and III
    - Westland Wasp and Scout
    - Sikorsky S-58
    - Sikorsky S-51

Not a helicopter but... Short Sunderland Flying Boat?

Regards,
    Stratobat
    'If the literal sense makes good sense, seek no other sense lest you come up with nonsense'

i would like to see some aircraft that are rare for FSX lick the

S-2 Tracker *not the abauces one
    hawker Sea Fury
    TBM-3 avenger
    F-101 Voodoo
    CT-114 tutor
    F-100 (earlier versions)
    FA/18 A to D with a little more eye candy

but i could ramble all day

Charter Member 09
    Interesting. When I was young man there would be only two choices. World War One and World War Two. How things have changed.
    World War One isn't even mentioned in the poll, even though they flew real airplanes with wings and propellers and a leather cap on their heads.
    Now it's filled with the exception of WWII with wars where they flew oil burners. I got one in my oil furnace, afterburner and all. Now they have to have a computer to keep them in the air and a brain bucket on their heads.
    Would you like to ride in my big green tractor?.

When the first plane was built with an enclosed cockpit, the old crusty air mail pilots were skeptical. “You expect me to crawl inside the airplane and peer out of windows to fly it? That's just crazy talk and I'll have none of it! Won't be able to feel the wind on my face, so how in heck am I supposed to know if I'm side slipping at night? You kids go find some other darn fool to fly while sitting inside your airplane!”

Pilots today talk of the “good ol days”, when flying was really flying! Of course they're talking about the 1970s, before that new fancy pants “fly by wire” nonsense was invented. “Fly by wire indeed, I've got your fly by wire right here, steel cables from my stick and rudder to the control surfaces, that's the only wires I need!”

Oh, how about a Martin B-10, or a Martin Maryland? That would be cool. Dang hope Bjoern doesn't see this!
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Actually, 1930's are best . . .

. . . for dogfighting. The have the best balance of power and handling. But, I suppose you have to be one of those guys who likes the chase and the violence.

I second the on the.......
    Douglas A-20 Havoc
    Grumman S2F Tractor (Mil/Firebomber)
    Fairchild C-123 Provider (Mil/Firebomber)
    Fairchild C-119 Boxcar (Mil/Firebomber)

a26

Quote Originally Posted by Helldiver View Post
    Interesting. When I was young man there would be only two choices. World War One and World War Two. How things have changed.
    World War One isn't even mentioned in the poll, even though they flew real airplanes with wings and propellers and a leather cap on their heads.
    Now it's filled with the exception of WWII with wars where they flew oil burners. I got one in my oil furnace, afterburner and all. Now they have to have a computer to keep them in the air and a brain bucket on their heads.
    I am much younger than you but I also like piston engined propeller airplanes. They have also very often nice sounds. I can't understand people who like jet engine noise.

Pekka

Hawker Sea fury and Typhoon

I would love to see a Martin B-10. A Douglas B-18 Bolo would be nice too.

I spent time working on the B-18, connie, and the super guppy at Pima Air And Space, in Tucson

a26

Odd that there is no WWI in the list... I guess the dawn of flight is too slow for some people.

Of the eras listed, my main interest is not rare at all, but it IS rare in FSX. Handley Page Halifax.

I like military trainers; especially turbo prop trainers. I would really like to have a high performance turbo prop military trainer. I have one, that I recently purchased. But I guess I am spoiled with some of the new FSX add-ons and the graphics and systems just don't hold up.

Pilatus PC-21 would be perfect!

I would like to see more interwar - ie 1918 to 1939 aircraft. It's one area that has been neglected in FSX.

AlphaSim made a Douglas A-20 (Mk.III Boston). I grabbed it when it was freeware, quite a long time ago, and I don't know if it's still available. One of my favorite twin bombers is the Martin B-26 Marauder by Dave Eckert. I'm a big fan of WWII and Cold War aircraft.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by clmooring View Post
    I would really like to have a high performance turbo prop military trainer.
    Piglet's PC-7?

IRIS' PC-9 or Texan II?

Piglet's PC-7 is great. I fly it often. I recently purchased the texan II. The VC is ok, but wouldn't a pc-21 with a realair or lotusim vc be great.

I dont have the a10 so I cant compare that.

How about a tupolev 104 and 124 with virtual cockpits?

EE Lightning, I have it for FS9 but can't find one for FSX :salute:
    "Taking off is optional, landing is mandatory!"

A REALLY well done...

...Boeing B-50 and a B-36. The Alphasim B-36 flies like a Cessna, and looks puny on the runway. Not banging Alphasim-- the B-36 was great when it came out years ago...it would just be nice to have a big model with a great panel, turrets and bombays that work, several variants (RB-36, etc.), and engine sounds that make the plaster fall from the ceiling...

Heavy iron!

Kent

Quote Originally Posted by ColoKent View Post
    ...Boeing B-50 and a B-36. The Alphasim B-36 flies like a Cessna, and looks puny on the runway. Not banging Alphasim-- the B-36 was great when it came out years ago...it would just be nice to have a big model with a great panel, turrets and bombays that work, several variants (RB-36, etc.), and engine sounds that make the plaster fall from the ceiling...

Heavy iron!

Kent
    And a B-29.
    Is that a rare warcraft ?

One of these both as a regular model, and as an AI with a flyable F9C-2 that you can launch and recover using the Macon's trapeze system

Attachment 32649 Attachment 32650 Attachment 32648

(These are just a few of the pages I copied from my Dad's copy of the 1958 NAS Moffet silver anniversary commemorative book. He was a 2nd class bubble chaser assigned to VF-124.)

I like this Avia 51, an early 30's hi-performance passenger craft built in Prague, Czechoslovakia by the Avia Company and designed by Mr. Nebezar, a former Detroit Aircraft Corporation engineer. I have this on my list as a future possibility.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Members who have read this thread: 131