Uploaded with ImageShack.us

John
    (DR/ MAW/ ETO/ PTO Textures)

Keep it coming!

Live: Western Maryland. From: North Central West, By God, Virginia.
    :salute: :d

Tooth, Fang, & Claw

Another use for sheep: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2FX9rviEhw

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    WOW!!!!!!
    BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!
    THANKS!!!!!!

:salute: :salute: :salute:

This is getting good!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

Shall we look for these over at Regs, or here?
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorMagee View Post
    Shall we look for these over at Regs, or here?
    That would be nice to know and can they be stand alones? Me and that dang hex editor just don't get along.

BTW! Beautiful skins:salute:
    CHEERS

Quote Originally Posted by Old Tiger View Post
    Me and that dang hex editor just don't get along.
    Which are you using? There is no earthly reason why it doesn't work for you - but some are a bit complicated, it's true.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ndicki View Post
    Which are you using? There is no earthly reason why it doesn't work for you - but some are a bit complicated, it's true.
    ndicki: This one

XVI32.exe
    CHEERS

Kurier auf Stube...pauke! NachtPiloten's Avatar

Stand Alones

Making stand alones is a straight forward process, however with an AI and main plane it takes time. So, I imagine that John has intended for these to be skins for folks to use at their pleasure.

Cheers guys,
    most of these skins have been made for either the ETO release, or the PTO, any extra skins will be released at Reg's.
    So most will be standalone aircraft, I'm just not sure on the one's for Reg's, it depends on how Greg want' s to do it, either standalone or skin pack, all comes down to the final number of skins I have?

As pointed out above, making a standalone is one of the easiest things you can learn to do in CFS3, once you have done it a couple of times it really is simple, you can't wreck your install by doing a bad standalone, and if you get stuck there is plenty of help about, direct, and indirect!
    John

Keep it coming!

beautifull!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

Quote Originally Posted by Old Tiger View Post
    ndicki: This one

XVI32.exe
    That's the one I use - it is simplicity personified, and thoroughly user-friendly. Take it gently, use the search-replace function, but do not let it automatically replace all files unless you have given it the full file name, ie, with the _t.dds tag at the end, so it won't replace the cockpit textures, etc, etc. Just go gently and logically, and it's simple.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

Nice work John!!!

Quote Originally Posted by eddie View Post
    Nice work John!!!
    How you doing Scott?:salute:
    John

Keep it coming!

Nice skins! But our MP squadron aren't using these craft anymore due to the awkward looking reticule in some of the gunstations and the fact that the ball turret has no sight at all. We've gone back to the Firepower B-24 as the proper gunsights there make for more immersion and in the ball turret on the FP B-24J I can actually track and hit an enemy a/c.

So my question is: Are there any plans to finish or have the gunstations been finished yet?

Oh WOW! Fantastic work!

(I'm never gonna keep up)

Thanks John!

Quote Originally Posted by Vogelscheuche View Post
    Nice skins! But our MP squadron aren't using these craft anymore due to the awkward looking reticule in some of the gunstations and the fact that the ball turret has no sight at all. We've gone back to the Firepower B-24 as the proper gunsights there make for more immersion and in the ball turret on the FP B-24J I can actually track and hit an enemy a/c.

So my question is: Are there any plans to finish or have the gunstations been finished yet?
    I don't know what you guys are doing wrong but my B-24Js have the normal "diamond sight" in every powered turret, including the ball turret, and iron sights in the waist positions. You can always change the reticules to another version, for example that in the FP model, if you don't like the current one. But it most definitely works as is.

Sounds as though they might not have lowered the turret...?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ndicki View Post
    That's the one I use - it is simplicity personified, and thoroughly user-friendly. Take it gently, use the search-replace function, but do not let it automatically replace all files unless you have given it the full file name, ie, with the _t.dds tag at the end, so it won't replace the cockpit textures, etc, etc. Just go gently and logically, and it's simple.
    :ernae:Thanks ndicki for your advice, I'll keep trying it till I get it right:salute:
    CHEERS

Kurier auf Stube...pauke! NachtPiloten's Avatar

Icon5 B-24

Quote Originally Posted by Vogelscheuche View Post

Hmm, the gunstations all work on the 24's.

Vogel, many years ago I was not pleased with the range of planes available for CFS2 and decided instead of complaining or wishing that someone would make the plane I want, or the way I wanted it, I decided to learn; first with fsds and then with gmax and max. With all sincerity and support, please learn how to use these tools, so you to can have the planes you want and the way you want them.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by superashi View Post
    hi there...where are these skins located?
    Bravo/4 posted this.
    Cheers guys,
    most of these skins have been made for either the ETO release, or the PTO, any extra skins will be released at Reg's.
    So most will be standalone aircraft, I'm just not sure on the one's for Reg's, it depends on how Greg want' s to do it, either standalone or skin pack, all comes down to the final number of skins I have?

As pointed out above, making a standalone is one of the easiest things you can learn to do in CFS3, once you have done it a couple of times it really is simple, you can't wreck your install by doing a bad standalone, and if you get stuck there is plenty of help about, direct, and indirect!
    CHEERS

Quote Originally Posted by greycap.raf View Post
    I don't know what you guys are doing wrong but my B-24Js have the normal "diamond sight" in every powered turret, including the ball turret, and iron sights in the waist positions. You can always change the reticules to another version, for example that in the FP model, if you don't like the current one. But it most definitely works as is.
    My mistake, your right. The "J" has the standard reticule in the ball turret while the "D" has no sight at all there. Thanks for the tip, I've since modified the .M3D files on the "D's" after looking at your "J's" ball turret .M3D so I now have a sight to make new reticles for.

Quote Originally Posted by NachtPiloten View Post
    .......instead of complaining or wishing that someone would make....
    Sorry, not complaining really but wishing? Yes maybe a bit. You misunderstood my intent. Let me try that again: I was trying to ask if any of the professionals here were going to make new sights or reticules for the B-24's. If you remember I sent you pics of mine and you opted not to give me permission to upload them here, so I've been rather interested in seeing some others; some professionally designed sights, something that you would consider more appropriate. Something that would look and work better than these.

Members who have read this thread: 0