Epic Aircraft Are Back Into Production; in America!

Thread: Epic Aircraft Are Back Into Production; in America!

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!

Epic Aircraft Are Back Into Production; in America!

Hey all,

for those of you that have been following the Epic Aircraft saga, here is some news from Oshkosh from the new CEO who rescued the company and fought to keep it here in the United States.

Mind you, the Chinese did get a large portion of the company which is now in China. The Oregon based company cannot sell planes in China, and the Chinese cannot sell their version of Epic planes in North America.

New Epic Owners At Oshkosh

Doug King, the CEO of the new Epic that bought the original company out of bankruptcy in April, told AVweb at EAA AirVenture this week that he's been busy since then getting back up and running. "We've worked through a lot of legal issues, spent a lot of time with the FAA, and the guys are back at work on their airplanes," he said. There are 11 Epic LT kit aircraft in the hangar now in Bend, Ore., in various stages of completion, and several other owners are working on their projects elsewhere. King said the company is ready to sell kits again. Besides the Epic LT turboprop, the line includes the Escape, which is a smaller version of the LT, and the Victory jet.

Although the bankruptcy court approved a complex deal that involved a Chinese aviation company, King said the Chinese have no ownership in the Oregon company. "They are licensed to sell the airplane in China, but they can't sell in the experimental market in North America," he said. Either company could choose to develop a certified model, and could sell that airplane anywhere in the world, he said. The six-seat Epic LT turboprop has a maximum cruise speed of 350 knots and a maximum range of over 1,300 nm. The kit sells for $1.9 million.
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Retired SOH Administrator
    Thanks for sharing, Lionheart!

Good to know Epic is back in circulation!

Chacha

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ken Stallings
    Bill,

I am happy for you personally because I know how much investment you have made with this company in terms of your virtual aircraft development. Beyond that, I am also pleased to see Epic have a second chance.

General aviation in America is very hard pressed right now and too few people seemed interested in seeing it survive.

Ken

Bill, has the Dynasty completed it's type certification process or will Epic just focus on the kit variants? I hope it does, it would be a great competitor to the TBM/PC-12 market. Also I seem to recall there being mention of a twin variant in the works, somthing of a Kingair F-90 sized design.

Cheers
    TJ
    "The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.