attention computer builders

Thread: attention computer builders

attention computer builders

is this the thing to run fsx at ultra-mega-wide-open, all-sliders-to-the-right, with all the awesome scenery, fframe killer add-ons over new york, or should i keep looking?

http://www.gamingshogun.com/Article/...therboard.html

wow! 52 views and not a single response? i'm surprised.

SOH-CM-2024
    Quote Originally Posted by cheezyflier View Post
    Overkill IMHO.

Caz

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cheezyflier View Post
    Tell ya what Cheezyflier you buy the board and the two X5600 CPUs for me and I will let you know! TechCorp has tested dual Xeons on an ASUS 1366 socket board with dual GTX470s and it ran some of the hardest benchmark games at extremely high levels. FS9/FSX/X-Plane are not considered good benchmark indicators by testing facilities-too many variables and CPU calls are not consistent.
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Ken Stallings
    I'm glad you created this thread, Cheezy. It is always good to know what is being developed. However, too often the manufacturers of this stuff claim the world and deliver a very small plot of land instead!

So, I think that's what is causing the high number of looks but the low number of responses. Now, on the other hand, when a number of people say that this hardware delivers proven max performance for FSX in all cases, then you'll have a huge thread response!

Cheers,

Ken

Interesting, but overkill. Flight sims need multiple cores to a point, but they really need fast cores and big motherboard bandwidth to feed to and from fast RAM and a fast video card. Flight sims don't benefit greatly from multiple video cards until you start running massive screen resolutions and/or multiple monitors. Even then, a pair of really fast video cards is usually enough.

By the way, how much of a power supply will it take to run a pair of fast quad core CPU's, 12 sticks of RAM, 4 video cards, a sound card, and four hard drives?
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Quote Originally Posted by stansdds View Post
    By the way, how much of a power supply will it take to run a pair of fast quad core CPU's, 12 sticks of RAM, 4 video cards, a sound card, and four hard drives?
    From the link provided:

Also announced was a special, 1200W PSU dedicated to running this new mobo.
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

the thing is, i always see everyone say that there is no system so far, that will run fsx all maxxed out, with all the bells and whistles. so i try to keep my eyes peeled for that new shiny thing that will do it. so if that's more than what is needed to do it, then what is enough to do it?

It is always possible that there will never be a computer that can run FSX at full settings with high, steady, and smooth frame rates if FSX's code was never completely optimized for smoothness.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Members who have read this thread: 0