ThrustMaster WartHog Hotas

Thread: ThrustMaster WartHog Hotas

ThrustMaster WartHog Hotas

Looks really incredible!! And would be fantastic with upcoming DCS A-10C,But the Price!!!!! WOW!!! 399EURO or $524.00!!!! Yikes!!!!
    http://www.thrustmaster.com/product.aspx?ProductID=205
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Patrick

Charter Member 2015
    Does it have force feedback?
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Quote Originally Posted by BOOM View Post
    Looks really incredible!! And would be fantastic with upcoming DCS A-10C,But the Price!!!!! WOW!!! 399EURO or $524.00!!!! Yikes!!!!
    http://www.thrustmaster.com/product.aspx?ProductID=205
    sick price... that's like 1/3 cost of a great FSX computer lol
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

It looks good, they had a preview on SimHQ, but to be honest my current CH flightstick, throttle, pedals, throttle quadrant and saitek radio panel combined cost less than that.

It would be perfect for DCS A10C, which must be quite a simulation for TM to design a special stick for it - even the new Saitek X65F looks like it was designed in a similar vein.

Been waiting for this HOTAS so all that is left to do is Saitek X65f.

I was really looking forward to this Hotas but there's no way I can justify that price! I would have to limit my whole FlightSim addon budget for 2011 to just this..........and the way VertigoStudios is creating quality Naval Warbirds that's just not going to happen!!

On the upside this should create a huge market for slightly used CH Cougar equipment!! I'm not ashamed to take any hand-me-downs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Patrick

I'm still using my MS Sidewinder Precision II joystick....I had a Thrustmaster setup years ago, HOTAS & Joystick, and loved it. That was in the days when you needed a game port on your soundcard to use it!!

But, the Warthog does look tempting...but a lot of coin.....

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

I'll be getting it when it comes out. Hopefully it will be the last joystick I will ever have to buy.
    ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK1 LGA 1150 Intel Z97
    Intel Core i7-4790K Haswell Quad-Core 4.0GHz
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced - High Air Flow Full
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X
    DirectCU II R9280-DC2T-3GD5 Radeon R9 280 3GB 384-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready
    EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 80 PLUS PLATINUM Certified 1000W

Quote Originally Posted by Odie View Post
    I had a Thrustmaster setup years ago, HOTAS & Joystick, and loved it. That was in the days when you needed a game port on your soundcard to use it!!
    Same here - in fact it's still in the UK gathering dust for anyone who wants it. I personally prefer the CH products, they're not claiming to be exact replicas, but I feel they're more precise.

Is it made out of gold ?

Seeing as it's little over half what I payed for all my CH gear I'll be picking one up lol! Time for a change :-)
    Live to fly, fly to live. Do or die, ACES HIGH!

CPL(A), Single Pilot Multi-Engine Instrument Rating, tail-wheel, aerobatic, formation
    Category A Flight Instructor with night, aerobatics, spinning, terrain awareness and basic mountain flying endorsements
    General Aviation Flight Examiner
    Chief Flying Instructor for Auckland Aero Club

Cougar credit?

Hey TM, I'll buy your WartHog, IF you give me $200 credit for my Cougar. It is fully functional and no mods of any kind. Otherwise, Saitek here I come.

Quote Originally Posted by kilo delta View Post
    Does it have force feedback?
    Could be wrong, but I don't believe so...
    "No, I'm not a good shot, but I shoot often." - Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt

Members who have read this thread: 0