Retiring from flight sim - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Retiring from flight sim

SOH-CM-2024
    Going to miss your work Pekka, but I can identify as for two years now, I have stepped away from the scale modeling arena. I just got burned out, but the ever increasing prices and the increasing output of expensive large 1/32 kits and very little output of inexpensive small 1/72 scale kits, my scale of choice.

Should you step back in this arena, I hope all of us are here to greet you. Stay tuned, lurk if you will, but have a healthy, prosperous life my friend. :ernae:

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    Too late to ask now but what is the story behind the ice bound ship in your signature?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosenrot

Good luck with whatever you're going to do now, Pekka! :ernae:

I'm sorry to see you go Pekka, but I understand what you mean. Even the best of hobbies can get stale after a while. Take some time off, and who knows... you might find yourself missing it one day.

Regardless, thanks for your contributions. It's been a pleasure knowing you, even if only online.

Pekka,
    I have contemplated getting away from it myself. For one, it's a money pit that never fills. I swear I have a 1000 planes. Do I fly them all? NOPE. I used to spend my free time searching Avsim, Flightsim and every other site I could find for goodies. It was amazing what was there. I flew and tested every single one. Now, and for the most part they are collecting virtual dust on numerous disks and an external drive. I use to be heavy into repaints, modifications, tweaks and refinements that bettered the experience. What can I say, I enjoyed it. I was addicted!!
    ...Now, FSX has my attention. All the detail just pulls me in. In one word, AMAZING. Considering the time of year and the great outdoors opening it's arms wide and inviting me in, I stopped flight simming to shake natures hand once again. It's a beautiful place to escape reality. When summer is over I'll be simming once again and getting the best experience while flying in a virtual summer.

I don't know if I have any of your repaints, but I think it's absolutely possible I do. And, I thank you for all you have shared for me to enjoy.

Whatever you do, enjoy it to the fullest possibility. Because that's what life is all about.

Be well....be safe.....have fun!!

OleBoy

All my best wishes for you pekka and many thanks for all your great repaints :ernae:

Dirk

Blog Entries
    Pekka, I for one hope you eventually change your mind and come back. I find that I don't fly enough. I am always working on or dumping money into my cockpit.

However, when I have had the time to fly, I have often had special moments in which the line between simulation and real flying became so blurred, I felt I was back in the cockpit once again.

Any hobby can be a money pit. However, even if you bought just about every new add-on that came out you would approach a real airplane or boat. Nor would you come close to country club membership and golf.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Hope you will return... one sunny day.

seen these a thousand times - trust me - ol' Pekka will reload FSX and there will be others who will say the same thing...
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

All the best Pekka..love your NZ Tiger Moth repaints.