Pitts S-1 Special by Addictive sim
Page 1 of 14 12345678911 ... LastLast

Thread: Pitts S-1 Special by Addictive sim

Pitts S-1 Special by Addictive sim

Philippe
    Student Pilot

gajit
    That is a must have - will download later - i see Dan has done the liveries so its gotta be good.

Nothing mentioned of a paint kit, bummer.

I buy my own tomorrow

That looks excellent, for me this is the quintessential aerobatic aircraft. I remember watching the Microlease one at many airshows in the UK.

oh my..... First screenie on the site looks good..

second screenie....even better

3rd.... yep, loooks good toooo

Perhaps my favorite aircraft of all time.... I think I'll be getting that one sometime this weekend :ernae:

DArrell

Can't connect to website

but I found another website with pictures.... can't say I'm excited about this prop:

FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

I was responsible for the artwork on a whole, except 2d

With regards to the prop, if you have an issue with it in-game then please don't hesitate to contact support. It may well be the angle of that shot, for I have not noticed that any time I flew it (nor when I made the screenshot!).

With regards to a paint kit- this can be arranged. There is a plain white scheme for basic repaints.

Best
    Dan.
    Forever lurking.

Hmmm it could be the angle but it looks like they didn't make a smooth polygon for the spinner. It does look decent for 20 pounds I spose its worth it. It's fast which I like. How is the FDE? Who made it?
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

I can assure you that I did ;-)

The flight model is by David Chester of Addictive Sim (and FCS fame).

All the best
    Dan.
    Forever lurking.

Never heard of that fde designer... can you do knife edges and hammerheads? How bout forward slips and spins?
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

From the chap himself:
    You can do hammerheads, spins, inverted spins, flat spins, normal and inverse loops. Knife-edges should be possible with practice. Sideslips are limited by rudder control but are possible to a degree. That may well affect knife-edge as well.

Four real-world Pitts owner/pilots (including the owner of G-BKPZ) confirm the accuracy of the flight model.
    Forever lurking.

Alrighty then... just need some guinea pigs
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

First Impressions are simple - wwwwaaaaaahhhhooooo - great !!!! Below a few shots from first flight with this beauty - many thanks to all involved people of Addictive Simulations.

Quote Originally Posted by Fireball6 View Post
    First Impressions are simple - wwwwaaaaaahhhhooooo - great !!!! Below a few shots from first flight with this beauty - many thanks to all involved people of Addictive Simulations.

Nice shots! Cute 'lil thing, ain't it

Darrell

On Another Planet
    Well if it is modeled by Dan, it is my kind of plane. I will be buying this as soon as I get some spare cash.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click my sig for my Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by d0mokun View Post

With regards to a paint kit- this can be arranged. There is a plain white scheme for basic repaints.

Best
    Dan.
    Thanks Dan for the reply. I have a few detailed repaints in mind. Not sure I would want to create the layers. I'm feeling lazy...lol.

gajit
    Yes please Dan.

Alrighty, I shall seek permission and then come back with it!

Best
    Dan.
    Forever lurking.

Quote Originally Posted by d0mokun View Post
    Alrighty, I shall seek permission and then come back with it!

Best
    Dan.
    Fantastic!! PSD for me please. Then, I'll bite the hook

I don't have a PC that will run FSX currently. But by the end of next month I should be simming like the majority here!!

gajit
    I love this - great work. But I do have that problem with the prop blur not being circular - does anyone else?

My sounds seem a tad off...anyone else?

If somebody can do one of these? In Finland there's 3 Pitts aircraft (+ 2 Model 12 in progress).

OH-XPA was the first Pitts in Europe.
    Attachment 13399
    Attachment 13400
    Attachment 13401

Sorry Dan,
    After hearing the cost I am going to pass for now. I will however put it on my list of potential hanger spaces. These add-ons take a central hub for use. Right now, that's my focus.

Members who have read this thread: 2