EE Lightning? - Page 10
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: EE Lightning?

Has no-one noticed that at dawn, strange things happen to lamps?
    They either dissappear or glow brightly. I'm not familiar with the FS9 SDK but I assume "TIME OF DAY" is 1=Day, 2=Dawn/Dusk, 3=Night. The FSXA SDK says the same thing. Unfortunately it's incorrect. It's 0=Dawn, 1=Day, 2=Dusk, 3=Night. As most (all) of the gauges fail to catch the case Value="0", you get a blank space on the panel at dawn.

I've gone through all the models and modified all the gauges I could find. If you spot one I've missed, please let me know. I've also included a "TimeOfDayTest.xml" that I used during investigation, if you want to check this out for yourself, feel free to drag it to the recycle bin if you don't :mixedsmi:

Attachment 37267

If you're still using the EElightning, EELightning(2), EELightning(3) scheme, you'll need to copy the contents of F1 & F2 to EELightning.CAB, F2A, F3 & F6 to EELightning(2).CAB and T4, T5 & T5C to EELightning(3).CAB

Hi,

First of all I want to say thank you for the great work with putting these update packages together. I hope you don’t get me wrong when I’m coming with my experience with installing them. It can very likely be my own fault..
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
    Both the F.2 and F.6 have been fresh installs done by the readme instructions.
    <o></o>
    After doing a copy and past install several times from your F6 files it looks to me there are some mismatches between the panel.cfg/aircraft.cfg files and effects on the F.6. All times I end up with the same result with only the lower AB flame showing.<o></o>
    <o></o>
    Having installed the F2, a lot of gauges were not showing before I included all the gauges from the (2) and (3) into the EELightning (E) and EELightning CAB (any reason for having links in the cfg file to both the last cabs)?<o></o>

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Quote Originally Posted by JensOle View Post
    After doing a copy and past install several times from your F6 files it looks to me there are some mismatches between the panel.cfg/aircraft.cfg files and effects on the F.6. All times I end up with the same result with only the lower AB flame showing.<o></o>
    The relevant section in the panel.cfg is;

light.9= 6, -20.8, 0.0, 1.25, fx_engineLightning // Eng1 lit
    light.10= 9, -21.0, 0.0, 1.25, fx_reheatLightning // Eng1 reheat
    light.11= 6, -20.8, 0.0, 3.7, fx_engineLightning // Eng2 lit
    light.12= 9, -21.0, 0.0, 3.7, fx_reheatLightning // Eng2 reheat

That's 6 (TAXI) for the engine lit and 9 (LOGO) for reheat
    <o></o>
    from the panel.cfg [Vcockpit22] the relevant lines are;

gauge01=EELightning(2)!Reheat_LOGO, 0,0,20,20
    gauge02=EELightning(2)!Burner_TAXI, 0,0,20,20

As you can see, the same XML file and effects are used for both engines. If you've got one working, they both should work. See what happens if you don't copy and paste. Just copy both aircraft.cfg & panel.cfg over to your installation.

Having installed the F2, a lot of gauges were not showing before I included all the gauges from the (2) and (3) into the EELightning (E) and EELightning CAB (any reason for having links in the cfg file to both the last cabs)?<o></o>
    That's as it should be. The original gauges for Pack1 are not compatible with FSX so Henk went through the other packs trying to find suitable alternatives. You can always pull them out of (2) and (3) and add them to EELightning.CAB if you want. That's what I've done. I have seperate CAB files for every model so that if I'm making modifications to one, the rest don't get disturbed.

Operation Magic Palm” was the first part of the large defence deal signed with the <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comffice:smarttags" /><st1:country-region w:st="on">UK</st1:country-region> in the early 1960 by <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1lace w:st="on">Saudi Arabia</st1lace></st1:country-region> for the delivery of large quantities of military equipment. The sharp end of Op Magic Palm was the immediate delivery of a small number of EE Lightning Mk.F.52s and T.54s to bridge the gap before the purpose build multirole Lightning marks F.53 and T.55 were ready.
    <o></o>
    F.52 (Former RAF F.2) "56-610" of 6 Sqn RSAF, in the later scheme with the roundel moved to the forward position.

<o></o>

<o></o>

<o></o>

<o></o>
    T.54 (Former RAF T.4) “54-650” of 6 Sqn RSAF, in the early delivery scheme with the roundel on the aft part of the fuselage.
    <o></o>

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

<o></o>
    This is the current line up of Arabian Lightning paints I’m working on:
    <o></o>
    1. F.52 (Former RAF F.2) "56-610" of 6 Sqn RSAF, 1960’s
    2. T.54 (Former RAF T.4) “54-650” of 6 Sqn RSAF, 1960’s
    3. F.53 “53-418”-L/G-AXEE. BAC demo aircraft from the Paris Air Show in 1969.
    4. F.53 “53-418”-L of the KAF, 1970’s
    5. T.55 “55-716” of the RSAF, 1970’s
    6. T.55 “55-410” of the KAF, 1970’s
    <o></o>
    <o></o>

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

<o></o>
    This is the current line up of Arabian Lightning paints I’m working on:

<o></o>
    1. F.52 (Former RAF F.2) "56-610" of 6 Sqn RSAF, 1960’s
    2. T.54 (Former RAF T.4) “54-650” of 6 Sqn RSAF, 1960’s
    3. F.53 “53-418”-L/G-AXEE. BAC demo aircraft from the Paris Air Show in 1969.
    4. F.53 “53-418”-L of the KAF, 1970’s
    5. T.55 “55-716” of the RSAF, 1970’s
    6. T.55 “55-410” of the KAF, 1970’s
    <o></o>
    <o></o>
    Outstanding work as usual. Always appreciate your drive for accuracy.
    :ernae:

Blog Entries
    Looking awesome indeed!

Any chance of the lovely F2s with the lovely bright tails/spine schemes: 2 come to mind:

56 Sqn, and

my real favourite - 92 Sqn:

Here's a nice shot of the latter (furthest from camera) in formation ....

The bare metal with the coloured tails are (were) simply stunning. Just a thought. Looking forward to the RSAFs and KAFs all the same.

Many kind thanks,

dl

The EE Lightning has to be one of the best looking jets that ever took to the skies.
    "Somewhere out there is Page 6!"
    "But Emilo you promised! It's postpone"

ASWWIAH Member

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    Looking awesome indeed!

Any chance of the lovely F2s with the lovely bright tails/spine schemes: 2 come to mind:

56 Sqn, and

my real favourite - 92 Sqn:

Here's a nice shot of the latter (furthest from camera) in formation ....

The bare metal with the coloured tails are (were) simply stunning. Just a thought. Looking forward to the RSAFs and KAFs all the same.

Many kind thanks,

dl
    I'm pretty sure that 56 Sqn is included in the default textures as a Mk.1A and 92 Sqn as a Mk.2.

111 Sqn, the aircraft with the black and yellow tail in your photo, is also provided as a Mk.1A.

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    I'm pretty sure that 56 Sqn is included in the default textures as a Mk.1A and 92 Sqn as a Mk.2.

111 Sqn, the aircraft with the black and yellow tail in your photo, is also provided as a Mk.1A.
    You are quite correct. The aircraft paints supplied with the original package are;
    11 Camo
    19 Camo
    92 Camo
    LTF
    Leuchars TTF
    Wattisham TTF

There are dozens of paints already out there, many duplicated (probably by google challenged people :mixedsmi: )

Blog Entries
    Sorry - miscommunicated (again! )

Yes, I was aware that the original packs came with them. I was just wondering if there was a chance that there would be an "FSX improved" version of some of these on someone's list - along the lines of the repaints done in the FSX Pack 1 (eg: XN779, XM144) or these more recent RSAF/KAF schemes.

The "default" bare metal textures look odd (at least on my pc) compared to these new ones. Likely because they were intended for FS9 rather than the .dds format for FSX.

If not, that's totally understandable - thanks all the same! :ernae:

dl

Hi,

No plans for any RAF Lightnings at the moment as the RSAF and KAF paints are becoming a rather large project to finish with 6+ repaints. Just the research alone for these repaints have been a big undertaking.

But I do have a black tailed 74 Sqn F.1 with full RAF decals collecting dust from the days I did the FS9 paints for the same base metal textures as I'm using for the Arabian birds...

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Blog Entries
    This one? Sure - she's lovely too!

Sounds good - the coloured part of the FS9 paints look fine in FSX, it's the bare metal that looks far better in FSX after yours and the other painters projects. If that's a happy compromise that doesn't involve more work on your part, who am I to be anything other than grateful? :ernae:

Just uploaded the replacement textures for the pack 1 Firebirds F.1A XM182 to the Library - FSX skins. If it passes screening it should be visible shortly.

Attachment 37705

Blog Entries
    Most excellent!!! XM182 and XM135 will be a real treat.

thanks!

dl

I've been playing with the engine effects and have come up with this;

Attachment 37767

Look on it as a 'proof of concept' design rather than the finished product. I think once you've pushed the throttles past 70%, it's too bright at night.

Replace your lights, smoke and effects section in aircraft.cfg with this one, copy the contents of Effects to your fsx effects folder and add the Eng_Effects.xml to your CAB file.

(I tried to show the other engine settings but I'm limited to 6 per post - but you get the idea anyway)

Forgot! In your panel.cfg, get rid of all the TAXI/BEACON/LOGO references (leave the REC) and just add;

gaugenn=EELightning(F6)!Eng_Effects, 0,0,20,20

Uploaded another set of "polished" textures, this one to pimp your pack 1 stock 92 Sqn set depicting F.2 XN790.

Attachment 37768

Blog Entries
    Henk - you and Jens are killing me ... Away from my sim pc for a week - so it'll be a long wait to try these. Don't know if you were planning to do that one, or just a "spur of the moment thing" - but it is massively, hugely appreciated.

dl

ps: Chris - the reheat edits look awesome. Kudos ....

This I like. The transition to reheat looks better and I've increased the number steps to give a smoother effect with increasing N2. It's now every 5% from 40% to 95%. There are enough smoke effect indices left to go to 2% steps if someone feels up to it :mixedsmi:

Henk, you remember the plane problem on the strobe and nav lights for the T4/T5? Could this system be used to fix that I wonder.

Attachment 37854

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Keane View Post
    .... Henk, you remember the plane problem on the strobe and nav lights for the T4/T5? Could this system be used to fix that I wonder.
    Chris, I guess with FSX I learn something new almost everyday... I had given up on the smokesystem vertical effects positioning, several sources claim it does not work and then you demonstrate it works with the burner effects LOL :greenf:
    About the embedded exterior lights on the trainers: I have no clue since it is an MDL issue (and I think the lights channel workaround + L-key blocker gauge solved it quite nicely).

The Arabian Lightning repaints are getting ready for release. The last days have been used to completely remake all the F53 panel lines and rivets in accordance to drawings. Actually all of the marks are getting the same treatment.
    Two RSAF F53’s are finishing the seven repaints; one of them is “53-667” as it looked in the early 1980’s serving with No 13 Sqn. At this time the Saudis had changed the serial numbers from individual AC numbers to a code system reflecting the unit and position within that unit, the new code for 667 was “1301”. A large squadron badge was painted directly in front of the Saudi flag.<o></o>
    <o></o>
    As were common on most of the RSAF Lightnings in this period, the auxiliary intakes behind the cockpit were brightly marked with red and white decals. The RSAF legend was also painted considerably bigger and the Arab text did not have a white background. This makes maybe the most interesting and colourful F53 scheme. <o></o>
    <o></o>
    This aircraft later served with No 2 Sqn as “221” and crashed in 1985 shortly before the type was withdrawn from RSAF service.

<o>Attachment 37958 Attachment 37959</o>
    <o></o>
    <o></o>
    <o></o>
    <o></o>

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Impressive, that's spot on;
    Attachment 37962

Thanks! Its the same picture I have used for reference (+ 3 more taken during the same flight). Trying to get some more details on the red tops right now.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

One interesting detail in these formation pictures is that it looks like the Red Top missiles have the standard NATO brown/yellow marking for a live missile. I have never seen Redtops with this marking before, but it might be that later batches of the missile were painted this way. Somebody having more information?

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Henk has been testing the Arabian Lightning paints and he has given some good inputs on the smaller details regarding both the textures them selves and readme details. This has also given me some time to finally start on a RAF repaint using the new master metal textures which I used on the F.53s and T.55's.

I have no interest in a "mainstream" RAF Lightning so I have been searching for something more special. The F.2A of No 19 and 92 Sqn are remembered for their OD Green top color, but the rebuild F.2As got a few years in metal before they were covered in green.

F.2A XN782 "H" from No 92 Sqn, RAF Gutersloh.

Attachment 38411 Attachment 38412

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Members who have read this thread: 80