19 9.05%
  • Vintage

59 28.10%
  • Gliders

12 5.71%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Aircraft the make you feel "there"

Very hard to only tick one of those boxes!
    For me (in no particular order):
    • Lotus L-39
    • Carenado Cessna 152
    • Ant's Tigermoth
    • Wozza's Texan
    But - this is only a partial list!
    "What do you hear?" "Nothing but the rain!" "Then grab your gun and bring the cat in!" "Boom, boom, boom!"

Interesting answers.

For me, it is, hands down, the A2A Cub.

I like (a lot) the RA stuff, but they just seem too "rail like" to me. Same with Carenado.

Of course, I realize this is a simulation/game, and that if all the aircraft were unflyable, that would kind of defeat the purpose, but still...

For me it is the B17-Accusim in FSX. I like vintage aircraft and this fits perfectly. I also have the J3-Accusim and find it hard to choose between Bill Lyon's J3 in FS9. But there is more to the immersion of flight. Need good scenery and weather, and most important, a realistic flight control stick/yoke and rudder pedals.

There's way more to "being there" than just the airplane.

As long as the VC is halfway easy on the eyes it'll do.

I was "there".

I was "there".

I was "there".

That first shot is amazing, mate !

I would've returned to the ramp... eat a broodje croquet..

Does RC still sound so computer'esque ??...

cheers,
    jan

Realair Duke - outside textures, cockpit everything works and love turning the knobs, rain, sound

L-39 - flight dynamics and fluidity on my pc, ice and rain, lights, vc looks great, sound

flight1 - cessna mustang, vc all those working glass panels, outside views, everything is there, ice, sound

lionheart - epic and victory, both all round great, fun and beautiful

fsd commander (fsx) - love the realworld plane, flight dynamics - it works great on my pc, wish there was a commander of the same quality as the first 3 I listed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    There's way more to "being there" than just the airplane.

As long as the VC is halfway easy on the eyes it'll do.

I was "there".

I was "there".

I was "there".
    Some of my shots look like yours...

...or, do some of your shots look like mine???

How about San Francisco, hmm no...

Ah yes, Turks & Caicos. That's really being there.

...and the side window view:

You're right Bjoern, the cockpit is just something that you sit in. It's all about looking out the window.

Someone's going to PM me for being an @ss, again, I just know it.

You just wait till I get some shots of my glider flights this weekend, Central Wisconsin, cliff's and Buttes everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by idancesafetydance View Post
    You just wait till I get some shots of my glider flights this weekend, Central Wisconsin, cliff's and Buttes everywhere.
    I hope Central Wisky is more exciting than Milwaukee:

Sorry SADT. I took your realism thread a little too far over the top. My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    That first shot is amazing, mate !

I would've returned to the ramp... eat a broodje croquet..
    I doubt they serve that in Oslo.
    Anyways, it looked more dramatic than it actually was.

Does RC still sound so computer'esque ??...
    Yeah, sadly.
    But then again, it's mostly way better than default, so why not...

Quote Originally Posted by Bone View Post
    Someone's going to PM me for being an @ss, again, I just know it.
    PM? Ha, I'll do it here!

You, sir...are an arse.

Well, while waiting RV-8 it's Samdim Cap-10B
    Attachment 12856

Aircraft I'm 'there' in..

In FSX...Iris Vulcan, Dave Garwood's Auster, Ant's Tiger Moth, Milton's Spartan Executive

In FS9...Plane Design's Lancastrian, Cal-Classic's Curtiss Commando (great model, great alliteration )

A2A AccuSim a/c, anything by Vertigo Studios and RealAir.

Aerosoft Catalina also.
    ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK1 LGA 1150 Intel Z97
    Intel Core i7-4790K Haswell Quad-Core 4.0GHz
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced - High Air Flow Full
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X
    DirectCU II R9280-DC2T-3GD5 Radeon R9 280 3GB 384-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready
    EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 80 PLUS PLATINUM Certified 1000W

Ant's Tiger Moth tops the list of my airplanes. Reasons: Sound, Flight dynamics, graphics! It beats out all the payware I own when it comes to immersion, but, with that being said my payware is modeling more complex flight systems typically.

PMDG 747 is tops for more complex aircraft, but doen't make me "feel there" like Ant's Tiger Moth.

OT Ant's Tiger Moth=Free (thanks), PMDG 747 Queen of the Skies = $55 unless you buy it in the store where it is $30 and then you get a disk with the latest version of said plane! wtf is up with that? I have wanted the PMDG 747 for awhile now but wouldn't spend the $55, they almost lost out on a sale because they are overcharging everyone online.

Ran into the same thing with the Shockwave (A2A) ww2 fighters. Bought the P40 power pack in a store for ~$25 as I recall and online it would've probably cost >60$ for all of the fighters that were included on that disk.

The most realistic feeling I have ever had was flying Milton's Aero Commander 500 model. That VC is PERFECT. I flew the 500 in r/l, and it has been the only sim model that has made me feel like I was actually there.

Don

For me the A2A B-17 and P-47 with accusim of course make me feel like I am really there flying.

Have to agree, Accusim has transformed FSX for me.
    The B17, P47 and Piper Cub all feel very real when combined with REX, FTX, ASE and EZDOK.
    Some of the single prop trainers from Carenado that I've seen are also very real, for example the C152.
    I only fly small GA so can't comment on the heavies.

I will have to add Ant's new Sierra to this!
    "What do you hear?" "Nothing but the rain!" "Then grab your gun and bring the cat in!" "Boom, boom, boom!"

Members +

Icon5

On the Sim we can fly anything,and its great!!....a real hint of flight...however a real grass field,and a Piper Cub, and magic happens!....the true feeling of flight in your very being....and the instinctive responses to it....a Sim would be great if it could give us the sense of the "Gs" that are flight....
    However in the Sim world,by far the P-51 Mustang!.. and only if the model is crafted to reflect accurate performance......Other wise Flying a kite ...is OK too!

Quote Originally Posted by Bushpounder View Post
    The most realistic feeling I have ever had was flying Milton's Aero Commander 500 model. That VC is PERFECT. I flew the 500 in r/l, and it has been the only sim model that has made me feel like I was actually there.

Don
    Well, thank you Don; that's a nice Christmas present for me.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Blog Entries
    I think i'm always kinda "there".. The reasons are a bit more difficult to verbalize though..

Big Hornet

VRS F-18E - Having a Hornet as detailed and beautiful to fly as this in FSX is a real treat. It sets the bar for tactical jets in flight simulation.

RAZBAM'S A-7 Corsair II to me is the most realistic military aircraft in FSX. Having worked on them for over six years, I feel like I am once again in those cockpits. Only now I get to fly them!

Ron Zambrano and everyone involved with RAZBAM have created a masterpiece, in my opinion.

I never thought I would see such detail brought back to "life" via simulation!

My friend Fred Sanders, former USN A-7 pilot, is amazed at what has been recreated for simulation.

You did Ron. You resurrected the SLUF!!!

I am so very appreciative.

Navy Chief

Cloud9 Phantom in FSX?

Aerosoft F-16, Flylogic F-5E Tiger II (the photo realistic cockpit is awesome), and two portovers: Cloud9 F-4 and the Microsim T-37 (again, awesome photorealistic cockpits). Even though the F-4 and T-37 aren't fully functional in FSX, their photorealism translates well on my 52 inch HDTV. The inability to click a few switches is no big deal, due to the complete lack of tactile feedback the sim offers anyway (just my viewpoint, that's all).
    Did you succeed in porting it over? If so, care to elaborate on this please? Thanks!

Charter Member 2015

Icon5

I hope Central Wisky is more exciting than Milwaukee:

Sorry SADT. I took your realism thread a little too far over the top. My bad.

Hay Bone - how's the FPS? Looks like you have all the sliders maxed out!

David