Tales of the Gold Monkey
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tales of the Gold Monkey

Tales of the Gold Monkey

In case anyone is interested, the complete TV series is now available in a 6 DVD set at Barnes and Noble.

voyager

Sorry for the double post.

And for those that still fly FS9, Bill Lyons' Classic Goose package was inspired by the series. He even put the islands in from the series into the scenery for the pack along with Cutter's Goose.
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Quote Originally Posted by voyager View Post
    Sorry for the double post.
    voyager~ No problem, I deleted the other one for you

That was the last television show that I watched habitually. Once they took it off the air I swore off Television.
    ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    I have heard so much about this and never seen a single episode. I wonder if they have it at iTunes.

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Thanks Cloud9Gal.

voyager

Attachment 12631I may have to break down and buy that set. That was a good show... I really liked Jack the one-eyed dog.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

EVGA 790i Ultra | Q9450 @ 3.2GHz | PNY XLR8 OC 9800GTX 512Mb | 4Gb Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 | 2x WD 150Gb Raptor X RAID 1 (OS) | WD 300Gb VelociRaptor (FSX) | WD 640Gb Caviar (Data) | WD 500 & 160Gb External HD's | ASUS 20X DVD | Coolmax 1200W PSU | ASUS Silent Knight II HSF | Antec 900 case | Samsung 2443BWX | XP Pro SP3

I remember that show well.. Jack the dog, Corky the sidekick and Sarah!
    Intel I7 8700 16gb DDR4 RAM GTX 1060 3GB with Windows 10

Just finished watching the DVD set and it sure beats whats running these days. Unfortunately the actor that played Corky passed away a few years ago. There are special features on the last disc with actor interviews. It's well worth having if just for the goose and B-314 scenes.

6 DVD set?? I thought it didn't last that long! I'll have to take a look.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    I have heard so much about this and never seen a single episode. I wonder if they have it at iTunes.

Bill

Netflix has it available to watch, but not on streaming video like a lot of TV shows.
    Dunno if you use that service or not.
    "No, I'm not a good shot, but I shoot often." - Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt

Another reason to get it is it only lasted one season. This set has the pilot movie and all 20 episodes, so you get everything that was made. The ratings were good but the producer Belisarius got in a fight with the network and pulled the plug on it. Belisarius is the same guy that produces NCIS.

I saw it on the Barnes and Noble site and it said

"DVD - 6 Disc Set - Full Frame".

Maybe 3 episodes per disk? Woun't know for a few days when I get it.

voyager

Quote Originally Posted by voyager View Post
    I saw it on the Barnes and Noble site and it said

"DVD - 6 Disc Set - Full Frame".

Maybe 3 episodes per disk? Woun't know for a few days when I get it.

voyager

Netflix shows 6 disks total as well, 4 episodes per disk, except for the last one which has two.
    Featurettes, audio commentary, interviews, photos, etc.
    "No, I'm not a good shot, but I shoot often." - Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt

I have the show taped from when it was on tv. Copied to dvd now. Pretty good show.

I put it in my Netflix queue when I heard it was out. I barely remember it, so I hope it is as entertaining as I think it was. Wasn't it on after football so it was often preempted or started in the middle of the episode when it was originally aired?

I just bought the set on eBay for $25 including shipping. Sounds cheap, so I hope it's not a bootleg...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

EVGA 790i Ultra | Q9450 @ 3.2GHz | PNY XLR8 OC 9800GTX 512Mb | 4Gb Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 | 2x WD 150Gb Raptor X RAID 1 (OS) | WD 300Gb VelociRaptor (FSX) | WD 640Gb Caviar (Data) | WD 500 & 160Gb External HD's | ASUS 20X DVD | Coolmax 1200W PSU | ASUS Silent Knight II HSF | Antec 900 case | Samsung 2443BWX | XP Pro SP3

Has anyone actully purchased the 6 dvd set and is the on where the case is lite tan or the one w/ a green background. The reason I ask is I bought a set last year that is on 4 dvd's and the quality is real poor, like someone taped it off the TV or copied it off an old VHS copy. If it is good quality I'd buy it in a heartbeat, that would be one show I'd glued to the TV if it ever came back. Who knows they're bringing back Hawaii 5-0

Quote Originally Posted by av8erjm View Post
    Has anyone actully purchased the 6 dvd set and is the on where the case is lite tan or the one w/ a green background. The reason I ask is I bought a set last year that is on 4 dvd's and the quality is real poor, like someone taped it off the TV or copied it off an old VHS copy. If it is good quality I'd buy it in a heartbeat, that would be one show I'd glued to the TV if it ever came back. Who knows they're bringing back Hawaii 5-0
    It's yellow over brown background. Photo of the characters on top, goose on the bottom. It states 6 disc set in upper right corner.

Happiness Consultant
    Okay .... never heard of this ... someone give me an overview please.
    "Trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty!" John Adams 1772

Snuffy / Ted

Quote Originally Posted by Snuffy View Post
    Okay .... never heard of this ... someone give me an overview please.
    Start here...

http://www.goldmonkey.com/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pearl Harbor Project developer
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Another reason to get it is it only lasted one season. This set has the pilot movie and all 20 episodes, so you get everything that was made. The ratings were good but the producer Belisarius got in a fight with the network and pulled the plug on it. Belisarius is the same guy that produces NCIS.
    and Magnum PI and Baa Baa Black Sheep.
    crashAZ- Virtual Navy
    [SIGPIC]http://www.sim-outhouse.net/images/rtwr2013/rtwr2013_sm.png[/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by av8erjm View Post

I have a set (Tan) I bought waaaaaaay back and think I used the link that Bill Lyons suggested . They too were very poor quality . I would'nt mind getting another if I could get a hold of a good quality set .

Rich

I never saw one episode of this series. I grew up in Fairbanks, AK at at that time there were only two network stations and one public station (which only broadcast for 8 hours a day). As a result I never got addicted to TV (well, once when I was on leave).

I did see " Black Sheep Squadron", which was horrible except for the Airplanes and Robert Conrad. Did peak my interest enough to read "Baa-Baa Black Sheep" though....

"We're poor little lambs who've lost our way,
    Baa! Baa! Baa!
    We're little black sheep who've gone astray,
    Baa--aa--aa!
    Gentlemen-rankers out on the spree,
    Damned from here to Eternity,
    God ha' mercy on such as we,
    Baa! Yah! Bah!"
    Basic Flying Rules: "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there."