Sludge Hornet (collection of mods for Acceleration F/A-18)

Thread: Sludge Hornet (collection of mods for Acceleration F/A-18)

Sludge Hornet (collection of mods for Acceleration F/A-18)

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5CDAVIDW%7E1%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5 Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; mso-bidi-font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:shapedefaults v:ext="edit" spidmax="1026"/> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:shapelayout v:ext="edit"> <o:idmap v:ext="edit" data="1"/> </o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->At FlightSim.com:

<center>FSX - FSX Modern Military </center> <center>FSX Sludge Hornet Modification
    </center> <center> [ Download | View | Video ] </center>
    Name: sludgehornetmodification_v1_1.zip Size: 53,619,467 Date: 07-12-2010
    FSX Sludge Hornet Modification, v1.1 with new and/or updated features. UpFrontController "Blackbox/Betty" gauge w/2D HUD Indexer, VC IFLOLS gauge, nose gear approach (AoA) light assembly gauge, new sound pack for F-18 using FSX sound cone technology. Newer realistic HUD, refueling gauge, PLAT Cam, carrier wire trap gauge, landing lights gauge. Additionally, engine power has been remodeled along with flaps/landing gear drag values, to give additional throttle response while still maintaining NATOPS-valid approach profile. Also, there is a new "Grunge Sludge" VMFA-323 paint that has a textured, weathered look to it and also needs to be installed on the default Hornet to work correctly. By Christian Snow.
    David Wilson-Okamura

Nor law, nor duty bade me fight,
    Nor public men, nor cheering crowds,
    A lonely impulse of delight
    Drove to this tumult in the clouds.
    -- W. B. Yeats, "An Irish Airman Foresees His Death"

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Great! The first version already was a major improvement over the default Hornet.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

F18 Sound Pack

Quote Originally Posted by dswo View Post
    <META name=ProgId content=Word.Document><META name=Generator content="Microsoft Word 11"><META name=Originator content="Microsoft Word 11"><LINK rel=File-List href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5CDAVIDW%7E1%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5 Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><STYLE> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; mso-bidi-font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </STYLE>At FlightSim.com:

<CENTER>FSX - FSX Modern Military </CENTER><CENTER>FSX Sludge Hornet Modification

</CENTER><CENTER>[ Download | View | Video ] </CENTER>
    Name: sludgehornetmodification_v1_1.zip Size: 53,619,467 Date: 07-12-2010
    FSX Sludge Hornet Modification, v1.1 with new and/or updated features. UpFrontController "Blackbox/Betty" gauge w/2D HUD Indexer, VC IFLOLS gauge, nose gear approach (AoA) light assembly gauge, new sound pack for F-18 using FSX sound cone technology. Newer realistic HUD, refueling gauge, PLAT Cam, carrier wire trap gauge, landing lights gauge. Additionally, engine power has been remodeled along with flaps/landing gear drag values, to give additional throttle response while still maintaining NATOPS-valid approach profile. Also, there is a new "Grunge Sludge" VMFA-323 paint that has a textured, weathered look to it and also needs to be installed on the default Hornet to work correctly. By Christian Snow.

Not able to login to the Flightsim website, is the sound pack available else where on the web ?

Tried "Avsim" with no luck.

Cheers

Aircanuck

Soundpack??? It's default acceleration, this was simply a collection of addon custom gauges and modified .CFG!
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

<HR align=center SIZE=2 width=600>
    <CENTER>FSX - FSX Modern Military </CENTER><CENTER>FSX Sludge Hornet Modification
    </CENTER><CENTER>[ Download | View ] </CENTER>
    Name: sludgehornet_modification_v12.zip Size: 45,255,477 Date: 10-23-2010 Downloads: 1,210
    FSX Sludge Hornet Modification v1.2 with updated features and new effects. Realistic HUD upgraded and improved. Stand-alone 2D HUD w/AoA indexer and carrier wire trap gauge. UFC/Blackbox gauge with new and improved "Betty" warnings, now combined with refueling gauge. Newer wingtip vapor effect along with remodeled LEX vapor and EG smoke effects. 2D HUD/VC IFLOLS gauge. Improved nose gear approach light assembly gauge. Sound pack for F-18 using FSX sound cone technology. PLAT Cam. Also, there are seven new repaints (courtesy of Ray Gagnon). By Christian Snow. (Previous version had 1531 downloads)

Why do I want this when there's the SuperBug?
    Anneke

Quote Originally Posted by Anneke View Post
    Why do I want this when there's the SuperBug?
    Two reasons why I would want it: it is over $70.00 cheaper and it will run on my computer.

Regards, Mike Mann

Can you actually see the flaps? Obviously the answer is probably no because that would have to be a modeled animation, right?

Some might think it silly, but the fact that you never could see flaps at all (not to mention the plane's odd flight characteristics not having any) irritated me.

Will this fix the pitch up problem with the air brake

Quote Originally Posted by mmann View Post
    Two reasons why I would want it: it is over $70.00 cheaper and it will run on my computer.

Regards, Mike Mann

hahahaha no kidding. And it's a C model. Super hornets are overrated, lol.

confusion?

Quote Originally Posted by XLR8 View Post
    Will this fix the pitch up problem with the air brake
    In one word---yes.
    Take note of the readme for v 1.2. The basic default Hornet remains untouched. A new "sludge" Hornet is created (actuall 2 sludge Hornets one called basic) with aliasing to the basic model.

If you add the combat Hornet, then you'll have another Hornet.

So you can compare the Hornets, too.

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=3762.0 the place to learn and ask.

The pitch up you wrote about was fixed more than two years ago. Maybe 2 and one-half years give or take.

Correct me if I am wrong, hoping this helps.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Pentium D 925 3.0Ghz dual core800 MHz FSB, (HP)MB Livermore-GL6, 2GB RAM PC2 4200 DDR 2 533 Mhz, ATI Radeon HD OC 4890 1GB GDDR5, Turbo-Cool 510 ps, Vista SP2 Home 32 bit, MS Sidewinder FF2, REX 2.0

Been flying her around. Very nice !

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mmann View Post

Regards, Mike Mann

Im really enjoying it. I also have CS18 on standby for the sludge treatment.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

With these mods, probably the best overall "value" for a default FSX a/c you can find. Flaps now work manually i.e. the normal way and the default sounds are pretty good.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Superb improvement to the FSX Hornet - love the effects and the way she handles.

One question, does anyone else have IFLOLS datum lights that don't flash when 'off centreline'?

Sludge Hornet reply

Fellas...

Just saw this site and thought I would step in and clarify.

Peter...

The Sludge Hornet mods integrate the newer F/A-18 Sound Pack Update that was made by Serge "fsxnavypilot" Luzin.

AirAttack...

Yes, you can see the Flaps move. That was a benefit of making the flaps "manual" instead of following standard FSX flaps deployment logic that MS hard-coded into the default Hornet. Now, when you select HALF FLAPS, you get the flaps moving to the half position. Same with FULL FLAPS. And you'll clearly see the animations.

XLR8...

Yes, the air brake "pitch up" behavior was fixed.

James....

No, its still an A (probly an A+) because of the engines, but its a mod of the default FSX Hornet, which is an A model. For a C model, it needs the newer -402 engines (which the A+ has), but also the newer fuel management panel.

CG....

The CAPT SIM/Sludge Hornet Integration is available at FSDT, so feel free to head over and install it. As always, backup your original CAPT SIM stuff.

Dave...

Im sure you got the responses over at FSDT. Serge may try to build an add-on to his IFLOLS, where you get the required lights as you get off-centerline.

Enjoy.
    Sludge