Flak Problems...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flak Problems...

Flak Problems...

Hey guys,

My recent installations of CFS2 are looking really good - I think they're better than they've ever been, with one problem - my flak seems to be gone.

I'm working on a Leyte Gulf mission depicting the attacks on the Japanese battle line - when Musashi was sunk. I've got a couple of BBs, CAs, and several DDs in formation - I get all sorts of small arms tracers coming up, but no black puffs. I am also trying to find an add-on I remember from years ago that increased the duration of the flak effect. I have "Blades realistic effects" installed, and it sounded like that was included in that pack, but no joy. I'm envisioning a sky filled with bursting flak, but all I'm getting is tracers.

Could it be the ships I'm using? I thought I had at least one stock CA that would provide some flak, but I'm not sure. Do some of the add-on ships not posess heavy AA?

Any ideas?
    Thanks,
    Ghostrider

Ranger Ghostrider,

I thought that Blade's pack had the FLAK effects in it too. Perhaps not. I don't know where to get Nibbio's effects files anymore, but if you search for "realflak.zip" at the larger sim sites you can get a nice FLAK package by Wingnut that has the roll fix, extended duration smoke puffs and water spray all in one package.
    Keep your airspeed up,

Jagdflieger

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...me=Jagdflieger

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty
    to purchase a little Temporary Safety,
    deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Benjamin Franklin

Blades effects should have the effect and the effect should be heavy with each burst lasting about 60sec. I did some mod work on mine and added some flak splash. The problem is that the splash shoes up even if the burst is over land or water. Not only that it doesn`t make anydifference what alt. it is it still happens.That is ok with me because unless you are at low alt you will not see it.:d
    BOB EDWARDS

You have to understand the CFS2 AI inorder to command them.

Why walk when you can ride

It is not what CFS2 is doing but what it looks like it is doing that counts

Thanks Cody. I lost the link when changing computers last year. Got it now.
    Keep your airspeed up,

Jagdflieger

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Benjamin Franklin

Lightbulb

Hi Ghostrider,
    There is a download from netwings made by Raf Mutley that has what I think you are looking for. The 2nd from the bottom.

http://www.netwings.org/library/Micr...c/index-9.html

Netwings has Nibbio's flak splash effect and RAF_Mutlly's increased flak duration.
    http://www.netwings.org/cgi-bin/dcfo...isc%2Fflak.zip
    hellcat

Thanks!

Thanks guys for all of the quick responses - I couldn't find those files last night to save my life. I remember back 'in the day' (2001) that was a nice effect. Was just reminded of it last night.

I always liked the splash too - and hey, low altitude bursts over land could certainly kick up some dust too! (Used to do that routinely in the Field Artillery)

Thanks again,
    Ghostrider

Thanks guys, I have good flak now - starting to think it had more to do with using add-on ships in that mission. I replaced the DDs I was using with stock Kageros, and boomboomboomboom!

Much, much better. Does anyone have a link to that realflak.zip file? The one with all three improvements included? I am feeling really stupid, but I can't find it anywhere.:redf:

Thanks,

Ghostrider

Bump - anyone got a copy of/link for realflak.zip?

GR

Send me a PM with your address and I'll get it to you.
    Keep your airspeed up,

Jagdflieger

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Benjamin Franklin

cfs2 flak effekt RAF_Mutlly

Hello all, where can i download cfs2 flak effekt RAF_Mutlly ?

or can anyone send me the file with a email?

The DL link at Ab Squad is broken.

Quote Originally Posted by ElsnerMarkus View Post
    Hello all, where can i download cfs2 flak effekt RAF_Mutlly ?

or can anyone send me the file with a email?

The DL link at Ab Squad is broken.

I think I found it in Blades realistic CFS2 effekts. he used RAF_Muttlys Flak and i have copy the flak effekts from blades mode ( date 2002).

are this the files from raf muttly?

Raf Mutley Original

Hi ElsnerMarkus,

Since Netwings is no longer available, this is Raf Mutleys original flak enhancement.

Dave

Ghostrider: FYI: I did a "Sibuyan Sea" mini-campaign (the battle in which the Musashi was sunk) a couple of years ago. [CFS2 Campaigns http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...tid=44&id=6444 ] and you can modernize that if you like. I used a mix of Usio, VN and stock ships and the flak was formidable. I also used with it Nibbio's effects.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Fidenza, Northern Italy, 65 miles south of Milano

A late question

Hi everybody!

My question is: what's the best compromise between realistic flak and fps performance?

I installed Nibbio's effects a while ago coupled with enhanced explosions and so on, as a result I must turn down by half all of the graphic settings and remove aircraft shadows if I want to fly any mission that has flak and exploding objects, including the stock ones.

Normally, I fly with all graphic settings maxed out and CFS2 runs rather fine in QC, unless two aircrafts explode or crash simultaneously. Then my pc stops for a few seconds.....forget about flak!

I know the answer is to get a new computer......, but I won't be able to do it until at least the end of this summer.

Cheers!
    KH
    My wee mods here at the Outhouse:

FileUploadName=kelticheart

Anything with dark smoke or dark clouds will cause your pc to slow down. If someone could make the flak effect with the flak splash lets say more of a transparent gray with hang time it would help.
    BOB EDWARDS

You have to understand the CFS2 AI inorder to command them.

Why walk when you can ride

It is not what CFS2 is doing but what it looks like it is doing that counts

Fidenza, Northern Italy, 65 miles south of Milano
    Quote Originally Posted by bobhegf View Post
    Anything with dark smoke or dark clouds will cause your pc to slow down. If someone could make the flak effect with the flak splash lets say more of a transparent gray with hang time it would help.
    Thank you Bobhegf!

I think all I have to do now, for the time being, is finding the smoke effect files which replaced the original ones and re-write them over with the stock ones. I am glad that's only the smoke that kills fps, because I was not willing to give up the great replacement fire textures effects.

Cheers!
    KH
    My wee mods here at the Outhouse:

FileUploadName=kelticheart

Duration of exploded flak Grenade/Clouds?

How can I increase the duration of flak clouds?

They're after the explosion of the grenades off right away again.

I would like to increase as the duration.

Here is a place to start...

If you haven't already, you can look here.

http://www.michael-reimer.com/CFS2/C...s_Effects.html

Jaxon explains alot of the locations and meanings. You might be able to figure it out.

Good Luck.
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

My works Here: http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/JFortin.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostrider View Post
    Bump - anyone got a copy of/link for realflak.zip?

GR
    have anyone the realflak.zip?

jagdflieger, can you send me the file with PM?

jagd hasn't been very active. maybe someone else has it. Did you try searching for it?
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

My works Here: http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/JFortin.htm

Icon12

After some more "searching" through my two external hdd's I found it.

This is blade's last version.

Quote Originally Posted by dvslats View Post
    Hi ElsnerMarkus,

Since Netwings is no longer available, this is Raf Mutleys original flak enhancement.

Dave
    Kannst du mir nochmal die Datei senden bitte? Ich habe leider alle Daten verloren :-(

Quote Originally Posted by ElsnerMarkus View Post
    Kannst du mir nochmal die Datei senden bitte? Ich habe leider alle Daten verloren :-(
    I can upload this. Make it easier for future access.

Attachment 12511

Members who have read this thread: 12