V1 in multiplayer?

Thread: V1 in multiplayer?

V1 in multiplayer?

I've made a few missions to chase down a V1 rocket in stock ETO and they run fine in single player, but immediately crash to desktop when we try to start up in multiplayer.

Is this a known issue with the ETO V1 craft?

Same Here

I've had the V1 crash MP Missions I've tried to write for them too.

This is something worth investigating or revisiting in future updates.

If I come up with more information about it I'll come back to this thread.

~S~

I don't see a .mos file in the V1 folder. Could this be the cause?

no answer; rather a question.

I'm pretty sure i had your v1 missions if they're the ones where you could flip the wing.

I lost them after a bad case of computer pneumonia (slightly worse than a virus) and now cannot find them.

Any where I can find them??

THX

v1 history

the original M$ V1 for cfs3 is a weapon,not a pilotable aircraft even though its in the aircraft folder.it would only fly as a rocket/weapon.
    Expansion was released and a different gmax V1 was used.it also was a weapon only.
    Squiffy created an air and airconfig files for the original. he converted it from a weapon to a pilotable aircraft.it flies at 400mph on screen.and can be made to do what aircraft can do.(within the v1's flight capabilities)in missions.he uploaded it with two missions.it was like all other aircraft so you could not contact it with another aircraft or it would explode.
    stumpjumper i believe,also g-maxed a "weapon" V1 which is much larger than the M$ stock one.
    I modified Squiffeys V1 by hardening the wings so it could be contacted without explodeing. that is the V1s.i also added the effects,which at that point we didn't have a proper v1 trail.so i used the contrail to line up on,to do the tipping.the avh mk3 meteor was also wing hardened to tip the V1s.thats the first V1_tipping_pak.
    the V1 trail became neverware so i created the doughnut on a rope trail for it.and added a j.a.t.o. effect that starts at zero speed and and stops at 100mph. i also made a standalone tempest with the hardened wings and did my E.V.A. work on it so it would fly true air speed to catch the V1.i uploaded a replacement pack with the new tempest.then i uploaded the mission "V1's Off the ramp".this is the pack that has the V1p the finial variant which is pilotable hardened wings, the proper trail and j.a.t.o. trails. the AVH MK3 METEOR and the MK3 Tempest standalone.are the only two aircraft modified to tip the V1s and V1p.use of any other aircraft will result in the explosion of the player aircraft.
    the original V1 was never usable in multiplayer as an aircraft.no one else ever posted that the upgraded V1 had been used in multiplayer.so any attempts to make a multiplayer V1 mission should use the modified V1.and post the results for the other mission builders. you may also have to change the classification, "priority" in the upgraded V1 from 4 to 3. if i remmember correctly.its in the XML on the top line.it should change it from weapon to jet.
    all the upgraded V1 stuff is in the archives under author SLIP STREAM.

Quote Originally Posted by SLIP STREAM View Post
    ......so any attempts to make a multiplayer V1 mission should use the modified V1.and post the results for the other mission builders......
    Many thanks! I'll try the other V1 model this weekend and post my multiplayer results.

Where can I get the sound file specified: ai_v1.wav ??

OK, after testing this evening I found that while SLIP STREAM's V1's work marvelously in single player, they cause an immediate crash to desktop when trying to start a mission in multiplayer. I also tried changing the priority to 3 in the .xml file on both the V1s and the V1p with the same result.

I also noticed that you can't select the V1 to fly in the multiplayer join screen, not that I'd fly it, but I just thought that if it's an aircraft, you should be able to change into it. ??

there is no ai_v1. therefore no ai_v1 wav sound. you can only use it as v1, v1s, v1p. also you can't ground start it.and it has to be at a moveing speed and altitude. which you control in the mission xml. you can also try changeing the crafts priority to 1. that makes it a prop fighter instead of 3 a jet.i'll assume your online opponent has the exact same files as you. i don't fly online so experimenting is all yours.

Quote Originally Posted by SLIP STREAM View Post
    there is no ai_v1. therefore no ai_v1 wav sound. you can only use it as v1, v1s, v1p. also you can't ground start it.and it has to be at a moveing speed and altitude. which you control in the mission xml. you can also try changeing the crafts priority to 1. that makes it a prop fighter instead of 3 a jet.i'll assume your online opponent has the exact same files as you. i don't fly online so experimenting is all yours.
    Just wondered why you aliased to ai_v1.wav in your sound folder/sound.cfg file.

Anyway, MP experimenting is over. I've tried everything you suggested and some of my own. They all work very well in single player, thank you very much, but result in an immediate crash to desktop upon mission launch in multiplayer.

On the other hand........ I can get the V1p to work in MP by spawning it. Go figure......

Members who have read this thread: 0