New Poll

View Poll Results: Would you rather have :

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nachtpiloten finish his Ar-196 German Float Plane.

34 80.95%
  • Get hit in the head with a two-ton heavy thing.

8 19.05%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Poll

New Poll

Would you rather have :

A) NachtPiloten finish his Ar-196 German Float Plane.

Attachment 11791

or

B) Get hit in the head with a two-ton heavy thing.

Attachment 11792

I work for Dayton Superior Corporation and strangely enough we often refer to it by the initials DSC but we almost never drop an anvil on anyone...
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorMagee View Post
    I work for Dayton Superior Corporation and strangely enough we often refer to it by the initials DSC but we almost never drop an anvil on anyone...
    Hi major

what does "alomost never" mean? (Sorry, couldn't resist)

I have to say from my position as a professor of English, that "almost never," while logically and grammatically comprehensible, is stylistically appalling. Major, you should be more careful - if you express yourself in such a way, it is hardly surprising that you rarely if ever need to drop an anvil on anybody's head. The sheer shock of being subjected to such poor English is probably quite enough by itself.

Or is this usage tolerated in the American dialect? In which case, the anvil may still prove handy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

Back to the subject.

An Ar-196 would be a lovely little thing to have, as it could chase around after all the Coastal Command aircraft we have now. Also, Tintin had a yellow one in "The Shooting Star," which I would of course like to see represented since it is one of the most famous Ar-196 aircraft ever.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

Sunderland, Sunderland, Sunderland, Sunderland, Sunderland, Sunderland, Sunderland, Sunderland, Sunderland, Sunderland, Sunderland, Sunderland, Sunderland, Sunderland, Sunderland, Sunderland, Sunderland!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

Hmmm,seems like I heard (B) at the beginning of a "Queensryche" song.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Led Zeppelin View Post
    Sunderland, Sunderland, Sunderland, Sunderland, Sunderland, Sunderland, Sunderland, Sunderland, Sunderland, Sunderland, Sunderland, Sunderland, Sunderland, Sunderland, Sunderland, Sunderland, Sunderland!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yes :salute:yes Sunderland, Sunderland,:salute:
    CHEERS

I have to say from my position as a professor of English, that "almost never," while logically and grammatically comprehensible, is stylistically appalling

ouch, don't rile up the Americans on July 4th weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by ndicki View Post
    I have to say from my position as a professor of English ... if you express yourself in such a way, it is hardly surprising that you rarely if ever need to drop an anvil on anybody's head.
    Loud guffaw! Or if you're a US citizen, LOLOLOL!

Hello Steve, how is the Sundy pit coming along anyway? To surpass the B24 or Catalina will take some doing!
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Well, we make products that are used in constructing things from concrete. It's almost never true that we're responsible for things falling on people, but we almost always get sued when something does.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Hello Steve, how is the Sundy pit coming along anyway? To surpass the B24 or Catalina will take some doing!

slooowwww...if my wife sees me on the computer she hands me a crying baby. Just cutting out the canopy framing a little at a time. Poly count is scaled back a bit from the b-24 at this point.

uh oh, my wife just made eye contact with me

Quote Originally Posted by sdsbolt View Post
    ...if my wife sees me on the computer she hands me a crying baby.
    In just a few years you'll be plagued with "Dad, can I use the computer???" like I now get. Happy days!
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

nachtpiloten, bitte herr, ein he-277

Regards
    j.vt.

In just a few years you'll be plagued with "Dad, can I use the computer???"

I've got one of those too

Sorry for being negative, but if I know Ted, this sort of thread will just put him off doing anything!

CFS3 needs new model makers, I only know of one good new modeller coming through, it's not enough!

Once again, sorry, but I think it needed saying?
    John
    (DR/ MAW/ ETO/ PTO Textures)

Keep it coming!

Quote Originally Posted by sdsbolt View Post
    I have to say from my position as a professor of English, that "almost never," while logically and grammatically comprehensible, is stylistically appalling

ouch, don't rile up the Americans on July 4th weekend!
    I think it's because we caused some minor offence like suggesting our colonial cousins might like to pay some tax instead of sponging off good old king George that there is now a celebration on the 4th July!!

Quote Originally Posted by MajorMagee View Post
    Well, we make products that are used in constructing things from concrete. It's almost never true that we're responsible for things falling on people, but we almost always get sued when something does.
    OK, silliness over. Can you use trainee master of civil engineering students for two month placements over the summer? If the answer's yes, I've got as many as you'd need who'd be thrilled to bits to get a bit of work experience in the US. To be used and abused in any way you see fit, no particular requirements from us other than that they work!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

Quote Originally Posted by ndicki View Post
    OK, silliness over. Can you use trainee master of civil engineering students for two month placements over the summer? If the answer's yes, I've got as many as you'd need who'd be thrilled to bits to get a bit of work experience in the US. To be used and abused in any way you see fit, no particular requirements from us other than that they work!
    Actually yes, but we're a company with integrity...

We've had them from Sweden and Russia in the past. We had an intern from Germany lined up this year and we couldn't get a Visa cleared by the current State Department. We seem to be very efficient at blocking temporary legal work status for anyone with an education while completely ignoring the undocumented invasion at our southern border.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Yes, I see your point. Let me take a look this end, and I'll try and find out what the successful students have done to get the required paperwork. It has to be above board anyway, because otherwise it isn't credited to them as required work experience.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    Boy I bet I get them going on this ..

Okay am I missing something?
    WHAT Is SO Important about a Sunderland, Just a Ugly, Boat with wings..

There are far more interesting Birds that we could use in our beloved flight sim..

Come on it's a flying Boat!!
    A great target for a Fw 190 or Bf 109 nothing More..

Let the modellers and developers, spend time on Cool Birds Not ugly old BOATS that would fly like a brick anyway..

And if I didn't have to point My AMT LongSlide at the G-max program just to get it to play nice..
    I'd try this,,, G-Max still a mystery here....

The modellers and developers have given More then I could Ever Have dreamed of, and All Free..

We do Need some young blood here in all of this..
    I shall, as I can, keep messing up sourse files with g max
    But I think that some new blood would Be Most welcomed..

As for the Sunderland, So What..
    Off to Hide I expect a british attack any minute now..

If we are going to have a flying boat let it be one of the beautiful, Pam Am China Clippers..

Off hiding..LOL..

Quote Originally Posted by HouseHobbit View Post
    Let the modellers and developers, spend time on Cool Birds Not ugly old BOATS that would fly like a brick anyway..
    Ha ha ha! What a naughty hobbit! There have been a number of models released which fly like bricks, but what the modeller likes, the modeller builds. Cool is in the eye of the modeller....
    Tom

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    I expect a hand held nuke delivered over this..

Yes the Men here who build all of this for us are true heros, and whatever built by them i've always been grateful..

And I can wreck anything they build..
    Including a flying boat...