Opera at the market

Thread: Opera at the market

Opera at the market

On Saturday, April 24th, over 30 members of the Opera Company of Philadelphia Chorus and principal cast members from their upcoming production of La Traviata converged on the Reading Terminal Market Italian Festival in Philly. Wearing street clothes and blending in with the crowd, the artists swung into action after the first orchestral strains of the famed "Brindisi" were piped through the market, giving a rousing, surprise performance for hundreds of delighted onlookers who were there to enjoy the Italian delicacies that the Market has to offer.

The four-minute piece won a thunderous ovation that included both laughter and tears from the audience. You can see it and hear it at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zmwRitYO3w>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zmwRitYO3w<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
    <o></o>

Neat! Funny, I'm not too far from Philthydumpia and didn't hear anything about it.

Until reading the post I couldn't make sense of the title. "A browser WHERE?"

Note to self: Spend less time on the internet and more watching overweight women sing.

makes me miss my mom. she would have loved that!