Pitts S-2B - Page 10
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910

Thread: Pitts S-2B

Hi Anneke, I have just got to ask... Apart from the mixture control, what isn't modelled or animated in your VC?

I have installed the latest update - as advertised - and all the circled items in the attached screenshots are animated.

Maybe not perfectly or correctly modelled, but they are there and animated.

Greetings from Chris Brisland a.k.a. "Eagleskinner" a.k.a. "Dances with brushes" a.k.a. "Old One-Eye". I've not come unravelled yet and I am painting again.

My paints can now be found on my website

Lightbulb

CBris,
    See below....That's the only question I could find in the thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Anneke View Post
    Lovely! Icarus I noticed that switching the fuel selector either to left or right (tank) causes the engine to quit.

Moreover I would love to see actually see the level of fuel in the 'fuel' gauge i.e. fuel line. And I miss the trim controls and prop control.

But lovely aircraft

Anneke
    Quote Originally Posted by CBris View Post
    Hi Anneke, I have just got to ask... Apart from the mixture control, what isn't modelled or animated in your VC?

I have installed the latest update - as advertised - and all the circled items in the attached screenshots are animated.

Maybe not perfectly or correctly modelled, but they are there and animated.

This is plain impolite. Sorry to have bought from this developer. First and last time.

Anneke
    I too wonder what is your problem Anneke. Your background gives no indication as to who you are, how old you are or where you come from (what do you have to hide?). Icarus has come from nowhere on the Fs radar to two very nice aircraft combined with top customer support. So what's your problem? Is it because Icarus won't do exactly as you want? Ok then show us what you can make for $20 in FsX
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

On the other hand, let's take a step back and look at the situation a bit differently...

I use an external joystick, I have a keyboard which I use for various functions such as operating the radios.

I have my trim, mixture and prop levers on the joystick and a throttle under my left hand...

I am sitting inside a TINY cockpit in an aerobatic aircraft. My head and shoulders are up against the edge of the coaming.

Do I really want to see my knobs and levers?

Can I?

In the real world, these levers, knobs and buttons are out of my sight. If I (as a pseudo aerobatic pilot) look at anything other than what's outside my perspex, then I am going to be in some pain...

OK, that is a bit more than necessary, but in the case of the Pitts, I would suggest that accuracy of the dynamics are most essential for the pilot and the exteriors for the screenshooter.
    Greetings from Chris Brisland a.k.a. "Eagleskinner" a.k.a. "Dances with brushes" a.k.a. "Old One-Eye". I've not come unravelled yet and I am painting again.

My paints can now be found on my website

icarus
    This is plain impolite. Sorry to have bought from this developer. First and last time.

fortunately on 100 customers buying the pitts i had 99 positive responses, good luck with other developers i want really see who will made three update in a week for a model(not to be offensive against others developers), bytheway i am still working on new skins and scenery pack, a new redbull skin, have seen this version on some screenshots so i have realized as original.

gajit

Anneke
    Anneke - I think that Icarus has been so supportive (much more that many other producers can be - no names!!) that I feel that it is unfair to take that approach.

Don't worry Icarus - you know you anyway that you can t please everyone but you certainly pleased my credit card with your superb Pitts Special.

Please keep your superb products coming

Regards

GJ

Hi all,

My name is Anneke 38 old woman married and two children from Germany living in Hamburg. In real life I'm a software developer working on ERP systems. And in my free time a UL RPL pilot. So nothing to hide. (very odd presumption BTW Roger) No offence here but although see that Icarus is very supportive I asked a few questions about the fuel selector and the prop control and missing trim control in the VC and indeed Icarus replied that you supposed to use the 2D pop ups. But somehow some misunderstanding crept in our communication because the real purpose of my support question was aimed at trying to understand as to why Icarus did not model the prop control in the VC. (there is a blue control with a sign 'prop' but this is actually carb heat) The reason for asking? Well I know from experience that IRL your 'feel' the controls but in the sim I use the peripherals and the visual (both inside and outside the cockpit) for control of the plane. All good models from other developers (even MS default) has the VC accurate and I hope somehow in the future that this great Pitts from Icarus will be perfect as well (from the above mentioned stand point)

Again all thanks for replying, but right now I will not buy from Icarus again, not with regard to Icarus but because the way he designs and seems not to give any explanations but seems to start flaming in his reactions.

I apologize for all the turmoil and will shut up now ..but continue to contribute to the forum if possible.

Cheers
    Anneke

Hi all,

My name is Anneke 38 old woman married and two children from Germany living in Hamburg. In real life I'm a software developer working on ERP systems. And in my free time a UL RPL pilot. So nothing to hide. (very odd presumption BTW Roger) No offence here but although see that Icarus is very supportive I asked a few questions about the fuel selector and the prop control and missing trim control in the VC and indeed Icarus replied that you supposed to use the 2D pop ups. But somehow some misunderstanding crept in our communication because the real purpose of my support question was aimed at trying to understand as to why Icarus did not model the prop control in the VC. (there is a blue control with a sign 'prop' but this is actually carb heat) The reason for asking? Well I know from experience that IRL your 'feel' the controls but in the sim I use the peripherals and the visual (both inside and outside the cockpit) for control of the plane. All good models from other developers (even MS default) has the VC accurate and I hope somehow in the future that this great Pitts from Icarus will be perfect as well (from the above mentioned stand point)

Again all thanks for replying, but right now I will not buy from Icarus again, not with regard to Icarus but because the way he designs and seems not to give any explanations but seems to start flaming in his reactions.

I apologize for all the turmoil and will shut up now ..but continue to contribute to the forum if possible.

Cheers
    Anneke
    Hi Anneke,
    No the presumption was not "odd". I have administered many fora and the oddest thing is when members withold much information about themselves. Historically they are usually the biggest trouiblemakers. So thanks for being open in your last thread about who you are.
    In all my experience regarding developers of flightsim products, few come close to Icarus Gold's attempts to please their customers. So with that information in mind you may understand why I am utterly amazed that you consider Icarus to be guilty of ignoring your requests while they have answered most of all the other suggestions for updates almost instantly.
    So I see Icarus Gold will have to manage without your custom...I for one hope they manage to survive without it it.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

icarus
    but right now I will not buy from Icarus again
    i still have all my hairs on my head. i will not answer anymore to you anneke...i am good not stupid.

but continue to contribute to the forum if possible
    seems your contribute here its' only about Icarus i want this and this....this is just childish. I know very well people i am sure you will continue to made polemics here for all icarus life.

if your mission was get out all my patience was unsuccessfull. i am working on the skin five...with trim on popup.

Exclamation

Alrightee now....
    Both parties have drawn their lines in the sand.....

Smile

Just having a little Instant Scenery fun with Salzburg...:mixedsmi:

icarus
    looks nice

icarus
    skin number 6

icarus
    skin 7

icarus
    pitts is at 7th place sales on fspilot today

http://www.fspilotshop.com/

and in fsx aircraft category second..

http://www.fspilotshop.com/index.php?cPath=2_70_71

...a good reason to model also an s2a version.

panther also your favorite vintage model is on the way i didn't forget it...but need some time to start we had many projects before.

icarus
    just received a comment from an fspilot customer that make me happy to build a model for fs community, especially because he is a real pitts pilot time to fiish the expansion pack

"At home I loaded your plane on my computer(accelation,sp2 not vista) and it is my favorite plane I ever have flown on Flight simulator. I have about 500 hours flying the real pitts s2b and many years flying many different flight sim models. You nailed it, thank you. I waited many years for someone to make a Pitts s2b model for flight sim and on my home computer it really flys like the real thing. Thank you Look forward to more acro type plannes from you."

Members who have read this thread: 1