Pitts S-2B - Page 4
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Pitts S-2B

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    I just slewed to the grandstand and yes there are camera flishlights going off in the crowd! Never seen that effect done before.
    you have not raced the Mustang in the tutorials and time trials missions

you should give that a run cause its pretty cool - and on your rig they would probably run quite smoothly :ernae:
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

icarus
    yes new contact point was quite good but i still prefer old one...but no problems i can make 10 different aircraft.cfg on request. about stinson was one that i looked at...we have on next release gloster gladiator that is 95% finished then a dragon rapide, gotha 229 and boeing p26 peashooter + a westland lysander then i am project free...i thought also about hurricane spitfire and of course more golden age and racers....i would also make the savoia marchetti 55 floatplanes flying with other 22 sm55 to chicago. But it's a not easy project...if i can find enough info a stinson it's possible.

icarus
    i am also curios at hews500d's skins

Quote Originally Posted by icarus View Post
    if you find some particular skin that you like please post i will see what i can do to realize it and post on download, waiting also your skins.
    Thumbing through Airliners.net I came across this scheme

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Untitled/Pitts%20S-2B%20Special/1383735/L/&width=1024&height=695&sok=keyword_(%27+%22pitts%2 2%27_IN_BOOLEAN_MODE))_&sort=_order_by_photo_id_DE SC_&photo_nr=43&prev_id=1384090&next_id=1381537

It looks stunning, plus it's so unlike every other scheme out there.

icarus
    thanks...here the full picture scheme

it could be nice have a picture about decals , hard to realize from this pictures.

icarus
    avsim posted news about our pitts, there will be soon also a review there

http://www.avsim.com/

i m thinking about an expansion with new skins maked by skinners and a new airshow scenery titled redbull with hangar pylon etc....

a redbull course would be great...:ernae:
    I'm sure the Avsim review will be very positive.
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

icarus
    yes that it's better and possible to realize. thanks. don't see anymore others...all flying the pitts probably lol...i want to made a video and post on youtube soon.

icarus
    seems our pitts having a great success of sales i m preparing an expansion for pitss now definitively will be on next week. thanks to all , your contribute help to produce many more product and increase quality.

Glad the Pitts is selling well
    Maybe the same people would like the Gamma too?

SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

icarus
    wow nice pic...i didn't see from this prospective...nice shot roger...gladiator is on the way next product up before end of november...SHOULD

Engine start

The only way I can start the engine is with Ctrl-e. The starter and the starter switch will turn the engine over but not start it. Is there a fuel cutoff switch?

The fuel line is in the aircraft.cfg.

Thanks,

Tom

icarus
    the problem was repaired..please check that intoyour aircraft.cfg into [fuel] there is at first place this line

Center1 = 1.7, 0, 0, 25, 0

Engine start

Icarus,

Yes that line is under the Fuel brackets.

Tom

icarus
    then you have some settings creating the problem..all other people here had the problem without the line..it was added to solve and included with the new installation...if you read all post here you will see how goes with that problem.i never use ctrl e to start...just move the key for long time.

Engine start

Icarus,

It appears the problem may be with the start switches. Using Ctrl-e, the switches stay activated until the engine starts. If I click on the switch it only stays up momentarily. Not long enough for the engine to start. I remember this being a problem with another plane instl which had to be fixed. I can't remember what the fix was though.

Tom

Found it - it was A2A P-47, FSX update. The fix was to

In the [piston_engine] section,

normalized_starter_torque=0.1
    // normalized_starter_torque=0.035

The fix is the top line.

icarus
    also if here i don't have problem i will try that line to see how it works, many thanks glennc i appreciateyour help

icarus
    tested it works better now with that line many thanks, i have added also in the installation pack.

In the [piston_engine] section,

normalized_starter_torque=0.1

icarus
    i have received this from a customer...with few point to emprove he says:

it flies very well, with just the amount of twitchiness that you would expect from a Pitts. Loops, both inside and out, were performed with ease, and it does a really authentic spin, as well as a flat spin. The nose tends to drop a little more than it should in an axial roll, but it flick rolls excellently. I think that it is a little overpowered, and that probably explains why I haven't been able to do a good tail slide or wing over yet, but practice makes perfect
    really happy about Pitts flies well so all weeks testing were well spent.

Hi Icarus, I still haven't been able to find where to texture the canopy frame. I changed the color on the 3 white areas I thought may have been it, but the frame still stayed white. It almost looks like the frame may not have been UV mapped to allow texturing. Would it be possible if this is the case to get an updated mdl to allow texturing for the frame?

Here are a couple photos to show what I'm talking about: Notice on this one how the "spreader" bars are white, but the frame is red

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kamuishiro83/2591475056/

and this one where the windscreen frame and canopy frame is red.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kamuishiro83/2590650251/

Darrell

icarus
    ok i m checking

icarus
    seems that model needs a modify...i asked to modellers to modify and remap that part + to made possible also skinning the white big block between 2 pilots.

Engine start

Glennc,

Thanks for finding that setting. I knew I had the problem elsewhere but couldn't find the fix. I have the P-47 also and that must have been it.

Thanks again,

Tom