The DDTC 1.1 Update Released - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The DDTC 1.1 Update Released

Quote Originally Posted by GT182 View Post
    Here we go with another thought. Is it possible to add the ship extensions like was done in the Apricot Mod, by means of the Cycrow Cheat Package? That is the one thing about DDTC I miss the most. Yeah I know, I'm spoiled now. Beside, why pay for it if there's a way to get it for free.
    See my other post the answer is yes you can do anything to your ships include create a ship and load it for bear right from the start.
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Freedom , everyone enjoys it, very few defend it. - If You Won't Stand Behind Our Troops then feel free to stand in front!

That's great Mike. I had an idea it was possible but wasn't sure, so I figured it would be best to ask first.

And thanks on the don't use V1.6.
    Gary -

Goundcrew Member - Warbirds of Delaware KILG - Member 7G Club
    Member of the War Eagles Air Museum Santa Teresa, NM
    KILG Tour Coordinator and Member of Collings Foundation Stowe, Mass
    Mid Atlantic Air Museum Reading, PA.

I was looking thru DDTC for "Custom" on Cycrow's Cheat Package to change things and can't find it Mike. Where is it exactly?
    Gary -

You have to activate the Script Editor for it to appear, - change your pilots name to "Thereshallbewings" (no quotes, or spaces, capitol letter T, and be carefull that you wait between the 2 L's it seems to studder at that a lot). Once the script editor is activated you will find the Custom menu under the Ship Command along with Nav, Combat, etc. It will also be on the command menu of any of your ships if you target them in space then bring up the command menu so you can upgrade a ship without out space walking over to it or docking it and yoursel fto a space dock and changing ships. Very cool add on.
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Freedom , everyone enjoys it, very few defend it. - If You Won't Stand Behind Our Troops then feel free to stand in front!

Finally, I got it. My thanks again Mike.

Now to get the Vidarsarus installed into DDTC and I'll be all set.
    Gary -

It is already there just with a different name - Terran Vidar, the wep load out needs some tweaking but it is the same ship.
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I did not see that Mike, and I looked thru the list twice.

I'll look again tomorrow and get it. Again, my thanks.
    Gary -

Got it and it's mine. :d

It's listed as Vidar in the Cheat menu. Make sure you select your Pilot's name so it is yours. Other wise some other pilot has it and you've got a fight on your hands trying to get it. LOL

I also have a Firefly to jump to and play with. :d Gotta run for a bit but I'll get a photo of it posted later on.
    Gary -

Got it and it's mine. :d

It's listed as Vidar in the Cheat menu. Make sure you select your Pilot's name so it is yours. Other wise some other pilot has it and you've got a fight on your hands trying to get it. LOL

I also have a Firefly to jump to and play with. :d Gotta run for a bit but I'll get a photo of it posted later on.
    I see you are learning the secrets of the cheat menu, it is one powerful tool. If you really want to set yourself up to do some serious A$$ woopin, try an Eagle (M6) that thing can reall kick butt, it also has a docking port so you can take a "Little Friend" along. I started a new game just to test some of the ships and put together a hunter killer squadron, it has been quite a blast rollin ginto a pirate sector and trying to clean house, even with a good wing of fighters it is not easy. Here is what I call my Hunter Killer Squad (I rename all my ships by their type first then a number to ID them from other like ships);

M6-600-Eagle - Command ship which I pilot.

M4-400-Siren - my personal fighter which is docked to M6-600 (Model from Wing Commander)

M5-501-Awing - 5 of these ships are Red wing #'s 501-505, these are assigned to Protect me as I explore then I issue the Attack All enemies comand if I get in a real furball

TP-001-Cottonmouth - This is a model of the Melinium Falcon from SW, I use it as a scout ship, I send it ahead a few sectors with the Patrol Command, then I can get a good idea of what is out there, it can take care of itself and has the legs to get out of dodge if the odds are not good.

M3-301-Dralthi - 3 of these (301-303) Blue wing assigned as protection for TP-001 "Just in case" (model from Wing Commander and very nicely done)

TM-002-Banded Kait - I love this ship, it was a reward in one of the missions, it is a cross between a Transport and a small Carrier, it has a reasonable load out so it can put up a fight, fairly good speed as well, but what I really like is the thing has docking bays for 8 ships, when I go into a sector and do some capping this thing is perfect for taking the prizes home, AND it has a good size cargo hold to boot so I can issue the Collect All Wares command and it will run around all by itself and collect all of the dropped cargo and missles left behind.

I do have a few other ships mostly parked at stations while I play with this Squad and a couple of UT's to keep the cash flow going, but so far this is the most fun I have had, I am liking being a Hunter Killer, I just might join the Assians Guild if I come across them...lol

Oh and BTW I decided to run this time without cockpits, I was not happy with a few of the ones on XTD, and you know I am really starting to like the extra realestate on the screen, it takes getting used to but I am liking it very much now.
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

One other thing I am noticeing with this Mod, the AI seems even dumber for my ships, I have reloaded saves so many times after watching red wing destroy itself when I had it assigned to "Follow" (me or any other ship). What I have discovered is the "Patrol Command" (you can patrol single or a list of sectors you want) and "Protect" (your own or any other ship) seem to be much better for self preservation of these wings and ships. I really like Protect because the ships will automatically dock at the same station as the ship they are protecting and leave when it does. All you need to do is set the wing to protect you and set the Turrets for all the wings ships to Attack Enemies, and you are good to go, works like a charm.
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Oh that Protect sounds sweet. I'm still configuring both my ships... and learning along the way. LOL The view without cockpits is much better IMO, tho not seeing the nose of your ship throws you off a bit. I'll work on a fleet next time I fire this puppy up. Thanks for the new info Mike.

Here's my 2 newly aquired ships......
    Gary -

I've got a small fleet of Fireflies, an Eagle, Siren and Kait. Cool ships with some punch to them and Super Tuned. LOL

I have noticed that the Rewards are low paying starting out. Hopefully they'll get larger as you go along and build "recognition".

There's a couple of things I'm having a problem with.....

Comms not working trying to contact some stations for the "Jobs" they are offering while I'm out in space. Some work others don't. Could be it's neccessary to be docked for those but I haven't checked that out just yet. Hopefully this is a bug that can be fixed. Photo added below shows Comms not working at all while in space and there's a "Job" waiting.

Apricot Claim isn't working even if bought. And Salvage Suite is also showing up in the interface. Tried "Thereshallbewings" several times and that doesn't help either. 2.4 was installed using the Installer. Might delete that and go with the Salvage Suite 3.8 on it's own.
    Gary -

Gary the Comm thing might be range, I noticed with this Mod the Comm Range is much different, many stations will not open a comm channel until you are closer than 20km which might be your problem.

As far as the Claim software I didn't bother with AMS The Claim Suite is a little more involved and you have to configur a hotkey but it is much more powrful and includes a "Scan for Derelict Ships" which I like.
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Could be the same for range to dock and your ship attacking enemys with Auto Attack... that's also changed. You have to be real close for docking and very close for auto fire on an emeny. Closer than 20km to dock... more like 5km, and under 5km for your ship to auto fire.

But with comms it didn't matter if you were with in 20km or 5kkm, some still don't work from what I see. Some stations with more than one Comm showing for "jobs" still show a couple working and the others not.... no matter what distance you are from the station.
    Gary -

I just noticed something in checking one of my old vanilla save games, I was getting the same "no Comm" on a shipyard. I suspect this is the way it was in the vanilla game and we were used to enhanced comms in AMS, I do seem to recall something about extended ranges in the readme? I would bet the Autofire is varible to, it makes sence that it would only kick in when you were in wepons range and the weps in DDTC are like the Vanilla, all of the AMS Weps were enhanced. Just my best WAG.
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Looks like you are right on the money, DDTC is like the Vanilla TC.

Rewards do increace tho the better your Combat Ranking gets. I'm starting to see that now.
    Gary -

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Quote Originally Posted by gigabyte View Post
    I see you are learning the secrets of the cheat menu, it is one powerful tool. If you really want to set yourself up to do some serious A$$ woopin, try an Eagle (M6) that thing can reall kick butt, it also has a docking port so you can take a "Little Friend" along. I started a new game just to test some of the ships and put together a hunter killer squadron, it has been quite a blast rollin ginto a pirate sector and trying to clean house, even with a good wing of fighters it is not easy. Here is what I call my Hunter Killer Squad (I rename all my ships by their type first then a number to ID them from other like ships);

M6-600-Eagle - Command ship which I pilot.

M4-400-Siren - my personal fighter which is docked to M6-600 (Model from Wing Commander)

M5-501-Awing - 5 of these ships are Red wing #'s 501-505, these are assigned to Protect me as I explore then I issue the Attack All enemies comand if I get in a real furball

TP-001-Cottonmouth - This is a model of the Melinium Falcon from SW, I use it as a scout ship, I send it ahead a few sectors with the Patrol Command, then I can get a good idea of what is out there, it can take care of itself and has the legs to get out of dodge if the odds are not good.

M3-301-Dralthi - 3 of these (301-303) Blue wing assigned as protection for TP-001 "Just in case" (model from Wing Commander and very nicely done)

TM-002-Banded Kait - I love this ship, it was a reward in one of the missions, it is a cross between a Transport and a small Carrier, it has a reasonable load out so it can put up a fight, fairly good speed as well, but what I really like is the thing has docking bays for 8 ships, when I go into a sector and do some capping this thing is perfect for taking the prizes home, AND it has a good size cargo hold to boot so I can issue the Collect All Wares command and it will run around all by itself and collect all of the dropped cargo and missles left behind.

I do have a few other ships mostly parked at stations while I play with this Squad and a couple of UT's to keep the cash flow going, but so far this is the most fun I have had, I am liking being a Hunter Killer, I just might join the Assians Guild if I come across them...lol

Oh and BTW I decided to run this time without cockpits, I was not happy with a few of the ones on XTD, and you know I am really starting to like the extra realestate on the screen, it takes getting used to but I am liking it very much now.

Thanks Mike for this cool detailed feedback on the ships. I will definately be getting this!

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Looks like you are right on the money, DDTC is like the Vanilla TC.

Rewards do increace tho the better your Combat Ranking gets. I'm starting to see that now.
    I am going fairly well now with missions I just finished a 3 sector p[atrol and baged 140K, took out 14 Zenon ships which helped. I did bag 2 Zenon P's which are worth 35K each, so there is money to be made in them thar sectors.

Oh and Bill you really need to give the Apache a try, that thing is awsome, carried a huge punch and can take a real beating, it is my main patrol craft now it can also hold a nice amount of cargo.
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]