Non-English versions of CFS2 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Non-English versions of CFS2

Base Code Differences

Amazingly enough there are apparently some source-code differences between the various nationality versions, as evidenced, for example, by this FIX/UPDATE from the Fox Four Korean campaign site: Fix 2. General. All campaigns German users have reported a problem with the S-51 rescue helo not being recognised. This will cause errors with mission #2 & others featuring the S-51. The bug has been traced thanks to the efforts of a German tester. The DP file in the KWCFS2_S51_AI folder is incorrectly named S-51 AI.dp. To fix it rename the file to KW S-51 AI.dp OR download the correctly named DP here. Paste into the KWCFS2_S51_AI folder to fix the problem. Thanks to Otto for finding this bug. NOTE: This seems to be a bug with the German version of CFS2 only. Aircraft without their own DP files should use the default DP. Non-German users having this problem might have deleted the default DP file by mistake. This is not uncommon. Look in the CFS2\AIRCRAFT folder for a file named default.dp. If it's missing you found the problem. Renaming the S-51 DP file as above should fix it for our campaign.

Nole,
    thanks very much for that. I'm somewhat annoyed to realise that I've read that note on their site before and had forgotten it.

I'm also very surprised that a bug where the sim doesn't call up the default.dp properly should only occur in one language version. Personally, I think this problem was a result of something a little more involved than what was reported there. But then, I'm so used to today's program development methods and CFS2 was released a "little" while ago when spaghetti code was a bit more difficult to avoid ...

Anyway, an issue like this isn't going to be a problem in completing my project or going to affect what it can do,
    thanks again,
    Ro

Fidenza, Northern Italy, 65 miles south of Milano
    Hi all,

I am tracking down all *.dll which may contain Italian text strings, but I haven't been able to find the file containing the text strings appearing on the various pre-flight and selection windows buttons.

System messages and drop-down menus text in the Flight window are stored in a small file called 'english.fll', which sits in CFS2 root folder. I had one sent to me by our good Rami and it translated in English all of the above. CFS2 window buttons still speak Italian, though.

So, now my CFS2 says "Are sure you want to exit Free Flight?", but the button to start it reads "Volo Libero" instead.

Anybody out there who might know which file/s contains them?

Cheers!
    KH :ernae:
    My wee mods here at the Outhouse:

FileUploadName=kelticheart

kelticheart,

Most of the strings and button bitmaps are in "ai_playr.dll" and "main.dll" in the MODULES directory.

Boatz

Fidenza, Northern Italy, 65 miles south of Milano
    Quote Originally Posted by Boatz View Post
    kelticheart,

Most of the strings and button bitmaps are in "ai_playr.dll" and "main.dll" in the MODULES directory.

Boatz
    WOW!

Thank you, Boatz! I'll check 'em out!

Cheers!
    KH
    :ernae:
    My wee mods here at the Outhouse:

FileUploadName=kelticheart

Members who have read this thread: 0