IRIS F-15 throttle

Thread: IRIS F-15 throttle

IRIS F-15 throttle

I did a fresh install of FSX ACEL today. Installed the F15 freeware strike eagle . The throttle stay wide open . I remember a fix for this in a thread,and did a search and found a C/D mod but seen no fix in it . Dose anyone know how to fix this . Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by XLR8 View Post
    I did a fresh install of FSX ACEL today. Installed the F15 freeware strike eagle . The throttle stay wide open . I remember a fix for this in a thread,and did a search and found a C/D mod but seen no fix in it . Dose anyone know how to fix this . Thanks

Open the panel.cfg file, scroll down to the VCockpit01 section and edit the following gauge out like this (add the semi-colon before the gauge02=):

;gauge02=F15_Gauges!Afterburner FDC, 1,1,20,20

Cheers,
    Dave
    Cheers,
    Dave

Thanks guys,I will bun this info to a disk for later .

Hi all...

I REALLY hate to necro-bump an old, old thread, but I must...

I've recently dusted off FSX and installed some planes from long ago. I've been using Dan Chruch's FlyInside program that enables the Oulus to work with FSX. Now flying is GREAT!

I've tried in vain to find a solution to my Iris Mudhen F15E throttle problem, but I cannot. The closest is this thread. My panel.cfg file doesn't have the line referenced above and the throttle is either stuck wide open or completely off. Does anyone have a solution to offer? There isn't any information on Iris' page, and the plane was removed years ago from what I've learned.

Help is appreciated and thank you in advance!

BoxxMann

Quote Originally Posted by BoxxMann View Post
    Hi all...

I REALLY hate to necro-bump an old, old thread, but I must...

I've recently dusted off FSX and installed some planes from long ago. I've been using Dan Chruch's FlyInside program that enables the Oulus to work with FSX. Now flying is GREAT!

I've tried in vain to find a solution to my Iris Mudhen F15E throttle problem, but I cannot. The closest is this thread. My panel.cfg file doesn't have the line referenced above and the throttle is either stuck wide open or completely off. Does anyone have a solution to offer? There isn't any information on Iris' page, and the plane was removed years ago from what I've learned.

Help is appreciated and thank you in advance!

BoxxMann
    Here's a note to posterity as the situation has been resolved. You have to edit the arcraft.cfg file and go down to the [autopilot] sub group. After that you have to change the following settings as follows:

[autopilot]
    autopilot_available = 0
    flight_director_available = 0
    autothrottle_available = 0
    autothrottle_arming_required= 0

All of the 0's are 1's by default. I don't know the exact one that fixes it, but changing all four to 0 fixed the stuck throttle.

Happy flying!

My two cents worth--a day late and a dollar short!

Quote Originally Posted by BoxxMann View Post
    Here's a note to posterity as the situation has been resolved. You have to edit the arcraft.cfg file and go down to the [autopilot] sub group. After that you have to change the following settings as follows:

[autopilot]
    autopilot_available = 0
    flight_director_available = 0
    autothrottle_available = 0
    autothrottle_arming_required= 0

All of the 0's are 1's by default. I don't know the exact one that fixes it, but changing all four to 0 fixed the stuck throttle.

Happy flying!
    I have attached some pics showing how to resolve this...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Figure_01.jpg   Figure_02.jpg   Figure_03.jpg   Figure_04.jpg