Thanks !

Thread: Thanks !

Thanks !

.........to dvslats for his update to the Alpha Mustang - I just got round to installing it and I am just blown away with what Dave has done - if you don't have it -get it : http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...17&linkid=1384

........IMHO this gives us the best Mustang around .........

Kudos to dvslats ........

:ernae::ernae::ernae:

Sweet!
    Best Regards,
    Ghostrider
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for the kind words gents. I'm glad to see y'all enjoying this update. :ernae:

Dave

Reply...

Dave,

This work is truly exceptional. Great work! :ernae:
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Fidenza, Northern Italy, 65 miles south of Milano

Great job Dvslats!

Indeed a beautiful job on the mdl!

I'd like to ask a question: all of you must run this aircraft on a new or, at least, a fairly recent computer, right?

My pc is starting to show some age, althought it's still working perfectly, because I cannot get more than 25-30 fps at close range from this aircraft and even less when I look at it in external view at the maximum distance allowed by CFS2. That is, when a multi-LOD mdl should do its job. I tried it in QC, with 3 wing mates and 4 AI opponents. Considering the AI's were Fox4's North Korean La-11, built as true AIs, I could not get more than 20 fps during the furball. As soon as I flew over a non GSL scenery, the whole animation collapsed to less than 15 fps.

Basically, I am getting the same framerate I get from Wozza's P-51D built for FS9 and converted to CFS2, which assures the model is not multi-LOD.

Normally I use CFS2 with all the grafic settings set to the maximum and top density sceneries.

If we talk about shape and proportion, this is truly and outstanding model, but when I have to fill the sky with 'Stangs I'll stick to my still beautiful Andrew Wai's model, which gives me from 45 to 55 fps anytime and it's accompanied by a rich historical repaints library to boot.

I'll hangar Alphasim's P-51D for my next pc purchase, with more computing "muscle" than my current one.

Cheers!
    KH
    :ernae:
    My wee mods here at the Outhouse:

FileUploadName=kelticheart

KH,

The Alphasim P-51D (1-LOD model) has:
    127,368 vertices & 42,456 polygons

AW's P-51D (5-LOD model) has:
    15,633 vertices & 3830 polygons

An enormous difference!

Boatz

Quote Originally Posted by kelticheart View Post
    Indeed a beautiful job on the mdl!

I'd like to ask a question: all of you must run this aircraft on a new or, at least, a fairly recent computer, right?

My pc is starting to show some age, althought it's still working perfectly, because I cannot get more than 25-30 fps at close range from this aircraft and even less when I look at it in external view at the maximum distance allowed by CFS2. That is, when a multi-LOD mdl should do its job. I tried it in QC, with 3 wing mates and 4 AI opponents. Considering the AI's were Fox4's North Korean La-11, built as true AIs, I could not get more than 20 fps during the furball. As soon as I flew over a non GSL scenery, the whole animation collapsed to less than 15 fps.

Basically, I am getting the same framerate I get from Wozza's P-51D built for FS9 and converted to CFS2, which assures the model is not multi-LOD.

Normally I use CFS2 with all the grafic settings set to the maximum and top density sceneries.

If we talk about shape and proportion, this is truly and outstanding model, but when I have to fill the sky with 'Stangs I'll stick to my still beautiful Andrew Wai's model, which gives me from 45 to 55 fps anytime and it's accompanied by a rich historical repaints library to boot.

I'll hangar Alphasim's P-51D for my next pc purchase, with more computing "muscle" than my current one.

Cheers!
    KH
    Hi kelticheart,
    I hear what you're saying and there's no doubt that multi-lod aircraft will insure playable frame rates for intense fur balls.

Recently I was able to purchase an Intel Core 2 Duo E8400. You can find these now at a pretty good price, given the fact that quads and octos are becoming the mainstay in the hot rod rigs.

But my point is that this processor made such a huge difference with CFS2 in XP pro. My old 1.3 megahertz dual core gave me the stutters even with multi-lods. The increase of FSB and cache really shows. I'm no expert in system operations, but my thoughts are that our flight sims really are calculation intensive versus the graphics card route. Not that a good vid card isn't important, but more of an elimination of bottle necks. The flow.

That's been my experience so far. I have some screen shots with this processor and a GTS 250.
    Mostly in the forties, give or take a few.

Just wanted to give you some food for thought KH.

Dave

Fidenza, Northern Italy, 65 miles south of Milano

Roger!

Quote Originally Posted by dvslats View Post
    .......Just wanted to give you some food for thought KH....
    Yes,........that I need to scrape the bottom of my wallet to see if there are resources for a new pc!

Apart from jokes, I think my pc, almost six years-old, has reached its limits with very detailed beautiful aircrafts.

I only wondered, because the enthusiasm for this Alpha's P-51D Mustang is really high, if I was realising I am operating a nearly-obsolete hardware platform.

The trend here is converting more and more models from FS9 and even, I read somewhere, FSX. Those are splendid eye candies, but none is multi-LOD. So, if I want to use them, I need more computing power.

I also forgot to mention I am using all of Rhumbaflappy's replacement mesh files and watermasks, from the lowest to the highest LOD. I am sure they do stress framerate as well, but I did an experiment reverting back to the stock mesh and I simply could not stand what I was looking at. So it was back to Rhumba's mesh files in a jiffy!

In a few words, the bottom line is: I need to invest on a new machine sometime soon. Period.

Cheers!
    KH
    My wee mods here at the Outhouse:

FileUploadName=kelticheart

Members who have read this thread: 0