mid-air collisions

Thread: mid-air collisions

mid-air collisions

is there any way to space out the aircraft in formations a little more. i mean i get a lot of mid-air collisions when dive bombers make their approach to their targets.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I think the Mission file would need to be edited in a text editor (i.e. Notepad). This was posted by Bearcat a while back, remove txt extension, Word document:

Quote Originally Posted by Oglivie View Post
    I think the Mission file would need to be edited in a text editor (i.e. Notepad). This was posted by Bearcat a while back, remove txt extension, Word document:
    thanks Oglivie! this should work!:ernae:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Another thing I've found is the number of planes and formation you use effects mid air crashes.I usually use a 4 plane formation and echelon left for divebombers.

Talon

SOH-CM-2013
    Madison County, Iowa (3rd Corn Patch On The Left)

One Mo' Thang...

... Don't forget to use one of the mk_mdlc versions to reduce each plane's "Collision Bubble".

I have my smaller fighters set to 4 or 5, medium bombers and transports to 7 or 8, and large bombers to 11 or 12.

This will allow you to "get in close" without encroaching on the other planes' Personal Space.... Mo' Realistic.

SC

"...And, When I died, They washed me out of the turret with a hose..."

Mid Air Collisions

Talk about mid air collisions...

The first and last air show flown by the "Flying Ensigns."
    Keep your airspeed up,

Jagdflieger

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...me=Jagdflieger

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty
    to purchase a little Temporary Safety,
    deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Benjamin Franklin

In addition to ridiculously large collision bubbles, formation type and AI skill levels also play a big part in these mishaps. If the AI are set to high aggression with low skill, they'll routinely collide during engagements. High aggression with intermediate or ace skill its preferable. Also, Echelon and Line-Abreast formations are safer.

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

As much as I like this Sim it does have shortcommings like all Sims that you will have to work around them. Inspite of this its still a great Sim in my opinion!

Hi Jerm,
    There is a slightly easier way to affect the collision bubble for all aircraft without changing each aircraft. This works for me! :d

Go into your main CFS2 folder and there near the middle you will find your cfs2.CFG (Back up a copy of this to a safe place).
    Open the cfg file in notepad and go to the 'edit' drop-down and click on 'find'. Enter 'collision' and search for it. There is only one entry. You will it is set to 2 secs, change this to -1 (minus one), save and exit.

What this does is give you longer and therefore a more realistic time span to get really close within the collision bubbles before exploding. I found this a good balance and if you want more just increase to a larger minus number.

Cheers Shessi