Few F-35 screenshots... - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Few F-35 screenshots...

Well, more correctly the F-35 has no physical HUD, but there is a "virtual" HUD. Meaning that, in the real F-35, most of the information (phisically projected on the Helment Mounted Display System - HMDS) appears as fixed in space in front of the pilot, like if it was an exceptionally wide traditional HUD. Which makes sense.
    This is replicated in my model - there is also a custom "HUD" made by Neutrino, based on Scott Prinz's code, that is a close replica of the original one (as seen in LM simulators) and is collimated.

Only few things actually follow the eyesight - like tactical information. In an attempt to "mock" this, in my model, by pressing a button you have airspeed, altitude and (fake) weapon status to appear in a superimposed "panel" that follows the eyesight.

So my model has an accurate rendition of the "Virtual HUD" (which works as it should in real life), plus an optional "gimmick" of the additional data (just to give an idea of the advantages of the HMDS).

What is extremely difficult are some "magic" features of the HMDS...like, for example, the possibility to see through the aircraft (like the Wonder Woman plane). I'm not saying impossible - as several "impossible" features have been implemented in the past by creative developers :-)

Another simplified feature is the MFD: it is "touch screen" and customizable (i.e. you can change/swap the pages and "resize" them)... but many of the most interesting features of the real F-35 are not implemented. Just to name one thing, the real APG-81 AESA radar coupled with the EOTS, judging by Northop Grumman promotional videos on youtube, provides terrain/targeting functions that are on par with many sci-fi movies.

As soon as I complete the manual I'll provide a link to download it - all the inaccuracies I know of will be clearly highlighted

Dino,have got a release date yet . Maybe this week ?

Any updates on the project Mr. Dino?
    "If three-holers are gas guzzlers, why are there four-holers now???"
    "But what do i know? I'm just the 800 pound guerrilla in the room."

Fire! Fire! Your pants better not be on fire....

The release date is still pending - Unfortunately I am very busy with my paying job in these days...honestly, after a hard working day in front of a computer screen, the last thing I want to see when I come back home is another computer screen.

BUT, I am almost done. Meaning I just need to write a couple of pages of the manual and it is done.
    I wanted to include the AF-02 and AF-03 prototypes (the latter took flight just few days ago) but I finally decided not to make any more modifications or additions to the product.

So, the product is ready and finished. It just needs the manual.
    I will contact the distributors today - and hopefully complete the manual shortly (as soon as it is ready it will be available on my blog).

My apologies for the delay - I'm doing what I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Cattaneo View Post
    The release date is still pending - Unfortunately I am very busy with my paying job in these days...honestly, after a hard working day in front of a computer screen, the last thing I want to see when I come back home is another computer screen.

BUT, I am almost done. Meaning I just need to write a couple of pages of the manual and it is done.
    I wanted to include the AF-02 and AF-03 prototypes (the latter took flight just few days ago) but I finally decided not to make any more modifications or additions to the product.

So, the product is ready and finished. It just needs the manual.
    I will contact the distributors today - and hopefully complete the manual shortly (as soon as it is ready it will be available on my blog).

My apologies for the delay - I'm doing what I can.

Dino, I do not think anyone here is wanting to turn your labor of love into something painful. Very few on these forums are hard core developers and have regular money making jobs that take their talents elsewhere from time to time. I can say with great certainty that your work is highly praised and greatly sought and we can certainly wait until the time is right for your release. Remember, you can always come back and release a service pack for future mods. Take your time, we'll all be here when it's done.

Matt

yeah I agree with Matt, we are all looking forward to this but at the end of the day its your baby so you release it only when your happy to do so, the rest of us arn't going anywhere soon, I hope!
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

...honestly, after a hard working day in front of a computer screen, the last thing I want to see when I come back home is another computer screen.
    After a 14 hour duty day flying airplanes, you wouldn't catch me zooming around in the flight sim, so I don't blame you at all.

Smile

(Most of the) user manual is available for download on my blog:

http://indiafoxtecho.blogspot.com/

I hope it gives a clear idea of the features (and the limitations) of the project - which I think it is good for release now.
    I just need to complete manual and it's ready!

Dino, thanks for the hours and hard work you put into this aircraft. This initial F-35 will be a great addition to the Military Inventory and greatly appreciated.:salute:

UPDATE: Downloaded the User Manual and two things stuck out. I was still with the 301st at NAS Ft Worth during the time LM was doing ground testing right across the rwy from us and I can tell you, while some folks probably knew that was going on, the average guy there had no clue. It was going on for a year and a half before I left and we had no idea.
    The other thing is the new panoramic panel. Irregardless of the fact that it's probably not totally accurate. . .what a masterful feat of coding to put that beauty together. Well Done Dino and Team!!
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

By all means....thank you for the work you have put into it .I am still very happy that you went with the F-35 .

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Dino, thanks for the hours and hard work you put into this aircraft. This initial F-35 will be a great addition to the Military Inventory and greatly appreciated.:salute:

UPDATE: Downloaded the User Manual and two things stuck out. I was still with the 301st at NAS Ft Worth during the time LM was doing ground testing right across the rwy from us and I can tell you, while some folks probably knew that was going on, the average guy there had no clue. It was going on for a year and a half before I left and we had no idea.
    The other thing is the new panoramic panel. Irregardless of the fact that it's probably not totally accurate. . .what a masterful feat of coding to put that beauty together. Well Done Dino and Team!!

Yeah...I new people who worked out there,and told me about it . When the first flight took place I was told early that morning and skipped work just to watch it .

WOW...after reading the manual....all I can say is....

Lets start the bidding for the model at 35 billion dollars...

Quote Originally Posted by XLR8 View Post
    Yeah...I new people who worked out there,and told me about it . When the first flight took place I was told early that morning and skipped work just to watch it .
    Yea, I spoke with a guy who worked with me on the night shift and he told me he had seen the first flight, it happened not too long after I left I think. If I was a bit closer to Ft Worth, I'd make a trip down there from time to time, just to watch and sit outside the shop and shoot the bull, lol.:salute:
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

By the way, it seems confirmed that 65 x "real" F-35A will wear the Maple Leaf roundel
    from 2016 !!!!!

http://www.nationalpost.com/Conserva...938/story.html

Will Dino's F-35A have a repaint kit ?

VaporZ ( from Canada )

Yes, very happy to see this country will be flying the F-35.

Cannot wait for release Dino!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Looks awesome. Can't wait for a C model though... thing looks a lot meaner!

Paintkit and other stuff

Once again, thanks for your support and appreciation!

As for the paintkit, unfortunately it will not be available as, for most areas, I've used a photoreal approach. However I have included a "clean" livery that, I hope, provides a good starting point for making new liveries.
    In fact, I can't wait to see what the community will create - it consistently exceeded my expectations in the past.

As for a -C model, while I have not ruled out it yet, its difference in design are pretty big - and those would require a lot of development time (which I do not have right now).
    Aside, as I am Italian, and since the Italian Navy will employ the F-35B - I'd like to do the -B version first (also, it looks like that even some of the F-35s for the Italian Air Force will be F-35Bs so they can operate from our STOVL carriers).
    So, I've not ruled out it yet...but it may take a looong time (my current projects are enough to keep me busy for at least another year).

However I have included a "clean" livery that, I hope, provides a good starting point for making new liveries.
    I think that will be very sufficient in making different liveries/markings for various squadrons and countries operating the F-35A.

IIRC, Iris was considering making an F-35C, but I don't know if it's still under consideration.

I'm very much looking forward to your F-35A, though.

It's getting close, according to his blog. He just had another HD crash but the F-35A files are safe. He just needs to get the HD back up so he can make sure he has all of his beta testers credited and then it's ready to go.

@Sundog

Correct. But yesterday I've recovered the missing files from the old hard disk and I have compiled the final build (!).
    Too bad I was unable to upload to SimMarket...I guess the ftp password I they gave me has expired - I'll try again this evening.

I will probably take few days to get the webpage approved - but it is finally VERY close to completion.

PS - In the meantime I've been working on both the T-45C and F-14 remakes. Both projects are looking very good IMHO. Once the F-35 is released, I'll see what to do first.
    I will post some details on my blog soon.

Thanks for the update Dino .

Well for those of us who have been looking forward to this newest Dino work of art like kids on Christmas.
    Merry Christmas everyone it's now up at simmarket.
    Unwrapping now.
    http://secure.simmarket.com/dino-cat...tning-ii.phtml

Members who have read this thread: 3