Few F-35 screenshots... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Few F-35 screenshots...

Again, thanks a lot for your appreciation.

I'd love to make the F-35B and C...if just had the time! While the F-35A is a good starting point, the other versions are significantly different (much more than what it was advertised / desired at the beginning of the JSF program). From the modeling standpoint, the F-35B would be easier to make: while it is more complex and has many moving parts, the modifications would be confined to few areas. The F-35C has a totally different, and much wider, wing which it is difficult to attach to the existing model (by the way, the first F-35C prototype made its first flight just few days ago: http://www.lockheedmartin.com/news/p...rstflight.html )

As for the new T-45 and F-14... I've already did some preliminary work on both, and they look very promising - significantly better than the current versions.

@XLR8 - this is the only screen I have at hand... but it is from a slightly older build.

Attachment 9966

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Cattaneo View Post

I'd love to make the F-35B and C...if just had the time! While the F-35A is a good starting point, the other versions are significantly different (much more than what it was advertised / desired at the beginning of the JSF program). From the modeling standpoint, the F-35B would be easier to make: while it is more complex and has many moving parts, the modifications would be confined to few areas. The F-35C has a totally different, and much wider, wing which it is difficult to attach to the existing model (by the way, the first F-35C prototype made its first flight just few days ago: http://www.lockheedmartin.com/news/p...rstflight.html )

As for the new T-45 and F-14... I've already did some preliminary work on both, and they look very promising - significantly better than the current versions.

@XLR8 - this is the only screen I have at hand... but it is from a slightly older build.

Attachment 9966
    Not only does the F-35C have a bigger wing, it has bigger vertical and horizontal tails, a stronger (bigger?) tail hook and housing, different nose landing gear, and it also looks like the canopy is re-contoured to allow the pilot to have a higher seating position for better over the nose visibility.

F-35C first flight pics

@ Sundog

Yes, you are right - I was only mentioning the wings are they are the item that makes it difficult to convert my 3d model into the F-35C.
    To complete the list, the F-35C has also, of course, a refuel probe (instead of the receptacle) like the F-35B and, afaik, it is the only model in which the APU exhaust is on the top surfaces (same location of the AA-1 model, while it has been moved on the bottom for F-35A and B) - I think that was requested by the Navy for crew safety concerns.
    Also, of course, wings are foldable and have spoilers. And yes, the tailhook is bigger and stronger (and has bigger bulge and different door design).
    For the record, afaik, the Navy version has also different materials distribution and thicker billets - it has, in general, a stronger structure - the obvious reasons.

Not so sure about the canopy, though, as the drawings I have show the same canopy design of the F-35A (and is different from the F-35B). But then again the drawings may be outdated...and the project is surely evolving.

So...a pretty long list of differences. For the modeling perspective, the wing is a difficult one - the others are time consuming, but not that hard.
    In any case, I need to complete the "boring" (meaning not suitable for Javier Fernandez's carrier) version first :-)

EDIT: I forgot the absence of the internal gun (which is also true for the F-35B)...

Well, the A model will keep me occupied for quite a while...
    "If three-holers are gas guzzlers, why are there four-holers now???"
    "But what do i know? I'm just the 800 pound guerrilla in the room."

Fire! Fire! Your pants better not be on fire....

Attachment 9966

Dino thank you so very much for the screen . I looks just absolutely wonderful . I watched the F-35 C do its flight ,just a wonderfully sight,I also watched the A and B fights as well .

Keep up the great work,and can hardly wait for its release .

PS I have a brand new credit card for this bird .

@ Sundog

Yes, you are right - I was only mentioning the wings are they are the item that makes it difficult to convert my 3d model into the F-35C.
    To complete the list, the F-35C has also, of course, a refuel probe (instead of the receptacle) like the F-35B and, afaik, it is the only model in which the APU exhaust is on the top surfaces (same location of the AA-1 model, while it has been moved on the bottom for F-35A and B) - I think that was requested by the Navy for crew safety concerns.
    Also, of course, wings are foldable and have spoilers. And yes, the tailhook is bigger and stronger (and has bigger bulge and different door design).
    For the record, afaik, the Navy version has also different materials distribution and thicker billets - it has, in general, a stronger structure - the obvious reasons.

Not so sure about the canopy, though, as the drawings I have show the same canopy design of the F-35A (and is different from the F-35B). But then again the drawings may be outdated...and the project is surely evolving.

So...a pretty long list of differences. For the modeling perspective, the wing is a difficult one - the others are time consuming, but not that hard.
    In any case, I need to complete the "boring" (meaning not suitable for Javier Fernandez's carrier) version first :-)

EDIT: I forgot the absence of the internal gun (which is also true for the F-35B)...
    Yeah, I have the same pics you're referring to, it's just we were going through the new flight pics at another forum and it just looked to us like the canopy had a little more peak or bulge at the top compared to the other variants that isn't shown in the drawings.

None the less, I'm greatly looking forward to your F-35A, and it gets here when it get's here. I hope you're getting settled into your new place and enjoying it.:ernae:

RELEASE DATE - TBD (thanks to Telecom Italia)...

Unfortunately, I have to delay once again the release of the F-35.
    The plane is ready (although I am using this extra time to add features) BUT I cannot release it as I do not have home Internet connection (so that it is impossible for me to provide support).

I've been struggling with the phone company for 3 weeks now (that is since I've moved to my new home) - but so far internet never worked correctly. And in the past few days it did not work at all.

I hope this will be fixed soon... but I really can't tell when.

The plane is ready (although I am using this extra time to add features) BUT I cannot release it as I do not have home Internet connection (so that it is impossible for me to provide support).

I've been struggling with the phone company for 3 weeks now (that is since I've moved to my new home) - but so far internet never worked correctly. And in the past few days it did not work at all.

Dino, thanks for the update and please know that while we've been anxiously awaiting your release, not gonna send the dogs of war out to hunt you down for some delayed release date. It looks great and very much looking forward to flying her around.

Matt

Good luck getting your internet problems sorted out. That is always quite annoying, especially when it's a system that you rely on so much.

Quote Originally Posted by strykerpsg View Post
    Dino, thanks for the update and please know that while we've been anxiously awaiting your release, not gonna send the dogs of war out to hunt you down for some delayed release date. It looks great and very much looking forward to flying her around.
    Matt
    Exactly, I am very anxious to have this beauty as are many others and it never fails that just when everything is coming together some unforeseen circumstance raises it's ugly head and brings things to a screeching halt. Not much you can do to control this one Dino. . .just be bolstered by the knowledge that when it is finally released, all you fans world-wide will be knocking on your door, lol.:salute:
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Cant wait Deano! Your internet will work soon, just gotta have patients.

Sorry to hear that dino . Some things can't be avoided . Still looking forward to it .

UPDATE: seems that the wiring in my new home is damaged and needs to be replaced...which may take a while as it is an aparment in an old historical building... but at least I had some feedback from the telecom company...

In the meantime, some more screenshots - operational F-35 in USAF colors (based on plastic models and presentations)...

Attachment 10997Attachment 10996Attachment 10995

Dino, just a question of load outs will it have the JSOW bombs too as well as the JDAM and CBU's? also are those actual seperate models or have you done it like your tomcat where you can add them yourself?
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

They are separate 3d models... in order to minimize the size of the MDL, which is high-detail / high-polycount (by FSX SDK standard).
    At present there are 5 different 3d models:

F-35 AA-1 (with proper livery) initial prototype
    F-35 AF-1 (with proper livery) weight optimized prototype (features all the modifications from AA-1 I know of)
    F-35A (similar to AF-1 but with actual EOTS modeled and without nose probe)
    F-35A with external JDAMs + Sidewinder
    F-35A with extrernal CBUs + Sidewinders

F-35A model will have both an USAF livery and a "flat" dark grey livery for repainters.

Thundebirds is in the works but there are major difficulties due to the texture UVW placement...and I am not sure it is doable.

They are separate 3d models... in order to minimize the size of the MDL, which is high-detail / high-polycount (by FSX SDK standard).
    At present there are 5 different 3d models:

F-35 AA-1 (with proper livery) initial prototype
    F-35 AF-1 (with proper livery) weight optimized prototype (features all the modifications from AA-1 I know of)
    F-35A (similar to AF-1 but with actual EOTS modeled and without nose probe)
    F-35A with external JDAMs + Sidewinder
    F-35A with extrernal CBUs + Sidewinders

F-35A model will have both an USAF livery and a "flat" dark grey livery for repainters.

Thundebirds is in the works but there are major difficulties due to the texture UVW placement...and I am not sure it is doable.
    Is it possible for a no load and all tanks models for the F-35?

Retired SOH Administrator
    Dino, you don't have to explain yourself in here. Everybody that knows you know you put out quality products and are well worth buying and flying. You are a asset to the flight community and if...and I said if there is a problem you have always come through and taken care of it.Looking at your product shows it is just another outstanding product to buy...Mike
    It is almost ready... but no release date yet as I'm still having major problems with the internet connection in my new home...
    Anyway it just needs few hours of work. An early warning: do not expect all the magic functions of the real F-35 you might have seen on youtube - but there should be everything you need.

As for the price, it has not been decided yet - but should be in the 10-15€ range, which I think it is reasonable and in-line with the project financial target (which is break even and then...provide some funding for the remake of the Tomcat and Goshawk).
    From the "technical" perspective the project is quite basic, and definitely not in the same league as the VRS Hornet, but I am happy with the quality level.

Also,the custom HUD by Neutrino (based on Scott Prinz's work) and the enhancements to the flight model done by Roberto Leonardo seem to work very well - and I wish to thank both of them for their contribution.

I hope you will like it :-)

Attachment 9832Attachment 9830Attachment 9831
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Asus Rampage Extreme Motherboard /EVGA AR GeForce GTX 295 1792MB 896 Bit GDDR3 /Corsair 8gig XMS DDR3/Intel Core 2 Extreme QX 9770 Yorkfield OCed 4.2 LGA 775/136W Quad Core / Water Cooled/ 2 WD Raptor 150gig 10,000 rpm Drives in Raid O Mode/WD Raptor 150gig internal back up/400 gig External WD back up Drive/Thermaltake 1200 Watt PS/Sony Dual Layer DVD RD/RW/Plextor DVD/RW/ Thermaltake Kandalf Tower/ Sound Blasters X-FI Platinum / X52 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by hey_moe View Post
    Dino, you don't have to explain yourself in here. Everybody that knows you know you put out quality products and are well worth buying and flying. You are a asset to the flight community and if...and I said if there is a problem you have always come through and taken care of it.Looking at your product shows it is just another outstanding product to buy...Mike
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

Thanks for the explanation Dino, really sounds good!
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

The tail number "EG 0001" is a great choice. I fly into Eglin AFB/ Ft Walton Beach alot, and the 33rd TFW ramp has been a ghost town for the last 9 months...not a single plane there, and there used to be 40 or more. I can hardly wait for them to start getting the F-35.

Quote Originally Posted by Bone View Post
    The tail number "EG 0001" is a great choice. I fly into Eglin AFB/ Ft Walton Beach alot, and the 33rd TFW ramp has been a ghost town for the last 9 months...not a single plane there, and there used to be 40 or more. I can hardly wait for them to start getting the F-35.
    Well, I hate that they're "Jet-less" right now, but I'll bet most of them don't miss the "leaky" F-15's they had either. They spent a lot of time chasing hydraulic leaks on their airplanes, so getting the F-35. . . .good move.:salute:

Also, a few years ago a good friend of mine told me that NAS Ft Worth (301st FW) was in line to get the F-35 as well, and reports I've seen in the AF Times and Military.com kinda bear that out.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Internet connection restored

Finally my new home is connected to the Internet at a reasonable speed :-)
    ...I just need to complete the manual and update a couple of features (I made some minor tweaks that need to be propagated to all the models) - but should not take that long...

Looking great. But eh, I thought the F-35 was one of the very first modern jet fighters to not have a HUD, using a helmet-mounted system instead ?
    Please let me know about spelling and grammatical errors in my English, thank you!
    Aeropedia.be photographer
    Flightlevel.be photographer, editor and forum administrator
    So drink to the Black Cat PBY,
    Damnedest old plane in all God's sky,
    BB-gun for'd and a slingshot aft,
    Hundred twenty knots when in a forced draft.

Sony DSLR-A350 + 18-70mm F3.5-5.6 + 55-200mm F4-5.6 + 70-400G F4-5.6 SSM (all lenses made by Sony). All in a Lowepro CompuTrekker AW backpack.
    My Flickr photostream.

Your right but I think Dino said it would be virtually impossable to do it within fsx, not that it can't be done, more it would look terrible! don't quote me on that though but I'm sure I can remember reading it somewhere!
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

Quote Originally Posted by peter12213 View Post
    Your right but I think Dino said it would be virtually impossable to do it within fsx, not that it can't be done, more it would look terrible! don't quote me on that though but I'm sure I can remember reading it somewhere!

That is correct.....by the way Dino, very nice work! estupendo!...cant wait until its getting out...the money is safed already!

Good luck with your Compuetr bythe way...hope to see some more screenshots soon...THX

best regards
    Ray

Members who have read this thread: 3