The Last Auster - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Last Auster

It's good to see my Auster collection getting an airing I particularly admire the screen-shots here. If you want to see the current collection at Eggesford farm strip, Devon. U.K. here is the web-site.
    http://www.eggesfordairfield.co.uk/austers.htm
    Cheers
    Dave M(oly)

Members +
    Hi Dave,

Thanks for the link & I think that a lot of us, as time goes by, forget about the classics, and it takes something like this to rekindle the hobby.
    It happened to me, I got bored of the usual point to point flying over the years, the I found Garry Smith's site, chatted & become a beta tester for him, until he passed on, & I've now ended up with 8 FS2004 installs, themed from Vintage to Space installs.
    We gotta keep the legacy alive!!

You dont want to do an Airdale for us?? We need a tripod to complete the series!
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

Quote Originally Posted by zswobbie1 View Post
    Hi Dave,

Thanks for the link & I think that a lot of us, as time goes by, forget about the classics, and it takes something like this to rekindle the hobby.
    It happened to me, I got bored of the usual point to point flying over the years, the I found Garry Smith's site, chatted & become a beta tester for him, until he passed on, & I've now ended up with 8 FS2004 installs, themed from Vintage to Space installs.
    We gotta keep the legacy alive!!

You dont want to do an Airdale for us?? We need a tripod to complete the series!
    There is an Airdale available by Marty Strong on most of the major sites - pretty sure in works in FS9 as well as FSX.

Members +
    Quote Originally Posted by guzzi View Post
    There is an Airdale available by Marty Strong on most of the major sites - pretty sure in works in FS9 as well as FSX.
    I did see that, thanks, but as this is a DaveM collection...
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

Ah, the Airdale. I recall considering that when I was building the Auster series. I dismissed it as being too far removed
    from the Auster concept and also being a resounding failure. So, sorry, no, not by me.
    Cheers
    Dave M(oly)

The auster model 'h' glider

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2004 Military - Props

Description: Following similar conversions of Taylorcraft TG-6 aircraft in America, the British Taylorcraft Aeroplanes company converted an Auster lll into the model 'H' glider. Sources
    differ here - it seems that a Taylorcraft model D fuselage was converted - maybe then fitted with Mk III wings c/w flaps ?.
    This was intended for instructional duties at Army gliding schools as a primary trainer.
    Whereas previous British training gliders had been specifically designed and built for the job, the model 'H' was an example of a converted powered light aircraft.
    This was achieved by replacing the engine and cowl with a lengthened front containing a seat and controls etc. for a pupil pilot.
    A slightly larger fin was fitted and the undercarriage shortened.
    The prototype was first flown in July 1943 . Although it was painted in trainer glider colours and with a 'P' on the fuselage, no other marking were evident.
    There are no reliable records of any production quantities being built.

This aircraft is released as Freeware.
    Copyright (C) David Molyneaux 2011. All rights reserved.

Uploaded in the Auster austerity drive by zswobbie1.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit THE AUSTER MODEL 'H' GLIDER
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Taylorcraft Auster V Series J/1 Autocrat

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2004 Civilian Props

Description: As the end of the Second World War approached the designers at Taylorcraft decided to develop a tourer version of the robust and reliable Taylorcraft Auster Model J AOP.V observation aircraft series. An Auster 5, registered G-AGOH, was modified to take a 100 hp (75 kW) Blackburn Cirrus II engine for trials. At the same time a prototype aircraft was built designated the Taylorcraft Auster V Series J/1 Autocrat. The long name was not used as the company changed name to Auster Aircraft Limited and the aircraft became known as the Auster J/1 Autocrat.

The designation J/1 derived from the progenitor Model J, which was the Auster AOP.V

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit AUSTER J.1. AUTOCRAT FOR FS9

Have a zip for the J5B Autocar and also one for the J5B Autocar Gypsy. Cannot see any difference. There is also a J5B Autocar Lycoming, so presume the 'Gypsy' was added to differentiate? Will upload the 'gypsy' and the 'lycoming' and if anyone knows if the other is actually different will upload later.

Auster J/5 Autocar Gypsy

Description: The Auster J/5 Autocar was a late 1940s British single-engined four-seat high-wing touring monoplane built by Auster Aircraft Limited at Rearsby, Leicestershire.

Auster J/5B Autocar
    production version with a 130 hp (97 kW) de Havilland Gipsy Major 1 engine.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Auster J5B-gypsy

The Auster J/5 Autocar Lycoming

Description: Description: The Auster J/5 Autocar was a late 1940s British single-engined four-seat high-wing touring monoplane built by Auster Aircraft Limited at Rearsby, Leicestershire.

Auster J/5V Autocar
    development aircraft with 160 hp (120 kW) Lycoming O-320 engine, one built (G-APUW)

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Auster J5V Autocar-Lycoming

Auster MK1

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2004 Military - Props

Description: The Taylorcraft Auster was a British military liaison and observation aircraft produced by the Taylorcraft Aeroplanes (England) Limited company during the Second World War.

Taylorcraft Aeroplanes (England) Ltd built various aircraft based originally on the Taylorcraft model B. The Model-D/1 was named the Auster MK1. Post war, Austers became a favourite amongst club fliers.

Copyright:
    Copyright (C) David Molyneaux 2010. All rights reserved.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit TAYLORCRAFT - MODEL D/1 AUSTER 1 FOR FS9

Phew!...I'm totally ex-Auster-ed with all these new aircraft...sorry I'll get my coat..

Thanks to all that we've got them safely tucked away.

Cheers

Shessi

Taylorcraft Auster III

Description: The Taylorcraft Auster was a British military liaison and observation aircraft produced by the Taylorcraft Aeroplanes (England) Limited company during the Second World War.

Taylorcraft Auster III
    (Model E) Auster I with a de Havilland Gipsy Major engine, two prototypes converted from Model F (Auster I) and 467 built new.

Copyright:

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit AUSTER Mark 3 FOR FS9

For some light relief whilst we wait....

Phil Daniels at his best since Quadrophenia, lets not mention Eastenders, lol.

The Mk.V

Description: Taylorcraft Aeroplanes (England) Ltd built various aircraft based originally on the Taylorcraft model B. The Mk5 was first produced in 1943 for the Royal Air Force. This example is still flying regularly. Post war, Austers became a favourite amongst club fliers: many are still flying.

Copyright:

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit AUSTER Mark 5 FOR FS9

Floaty McFloatface

Description: AUSTER T.7 floats version FOR FS9

Copyright:

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit AUSTER T.7 floats version FOR FS9

Model C, military and civil

Description: Taylorcraft Aeroplanes (England) Ltd built various aircraft based originally on the Taylorcraft model B. The Model-Plus-C was first produced in 1939 for the civilian market. They were taken in to the British Military at the outbreak of WWII. Post war, Austers became a favourite amongst club fliers.

Copyright:

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit AUSTER-TAYLORCRAFT-MODEL PLUS-C FOR FS9

The Last Auster

Description: Auster Terriers were factory buy-back AOP6s, re-built with larger tail components amongst other modifications, and fitted out to a civilian specification. Auster merged with Beagle Aircraft Company in 1960. This example was rebuilt by Beagle Aircraft Co.

Copyright:

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit AUSTER MODEL K - A61/2 TERRIER 2 (BEAGLE AIRCRAFT CO.)

Okay, 3 evenings of work, 25 files, 2 duplicates, 1 erroneous texture file, 22 Austers uploaded. Job done.

Now, Mr. Molyneaux, if you would like the rest of your files preserved her, I'd be more than glad too, just give me a few days to recover, lol.

Thanks Jamie, great job, I noticed you have been on night shift as well, so now you better take a weekend of.

Cheers,
    Huub

Members +
    Thanks Jamie, sorry about the dups. 'Shrug'

Now that the Austers are done.... great pictures of the planes, the originals did not have them. You have become quite the historian..

And, talking about historic things...

I sent you a PM..
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

Great job.
    One of my original files was corrupted, but that is now replaced (Terrier 2)
    I also have most of my NZ reg paint jobs intact as well......

Members +
    Amazing how popular the Austers are, between 50-60 downloads for each of the 22!
    Not bad for a sim that is said to be dead!
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

Quote Originally Posted by zswobbie1 View Post
    Amazing how popular the Austers are, between 50-60 downloads for each of the 22!
    Not bad for a sim that is said to be dead!
    Even better when you consider that most of us who are interested in this sort of airplane already had them before they were posted here.

Ive been enjoying the WW2 variant's, i'd forgotten they existed, so a big thanks to Dave and to you for uploading here