The Last Auster - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Last Auster

It's a pleasure Huub, the least I can do for all the years I've loitered around here. Anyway, anything to help my old pal Drew.

Jamie

next.....

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2004 Civilian Props

Description: The Auster Agricola was an agricultural aircraft designed and built for applying top dressings and fertilisers; it could also be used as a sprayer. It was made in particular for the New Zealand
    market after a visit and study made by Auster's chief designer concluded there was a particular need for such an aircraft.
    However by the time the aircraft entered production, the market had declined and so only 8 of the aircraft were sold.

Copyright:
    This aircraft is released as Freeware.
    Copyright (C) David Molyneaux 2011. All rights reserved.

Uploaded in the Auster austerity drive by zswobbie1.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit AUSTER MODEL B8 AGRICOLA FOR FS9
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Aiglet Trainer J-5K

Description: The company began in 1938 at the Britannia Works, Thurmaston near Leicester, England, as Taylorcraft Aeroplanes (England) Limited, making light observation aircraft designed by the Taylorcraft Aircraft Corporation of America. 1,604 high-wing Taylorcraft Auster monoplanes were built during World War II for the armed forces of the UK and Canada. The name change to Auster occurred on 7 March 1946, when production shifted to Rearsby aerodrome, also in Leicestershire. All designs were evolved from the early Taylorcraft with a sprung skid or tailwheel beneath the fin (except for a low-wing aircraft called the "Agricola" designed for crop-spraying; only a few of these were completed). When the company was merged into Beagle Aircraft in 1960 the high-wing design was developed still further as the Terrier and, with a nosewheel - the Airedale.

The Auster was extensively used in the British colonies after WWII for a variety of activities such mail delivery, VIP transport, and joy rides at town carnivals. Nearly 4000 were built, many of which are still flying.

There appear to be many Auster types built but some were just different engine varients - see for example the Aiglet Trainer

This sim model is based on a particular aircraft - G-AMMS c/n 2745 was built in 1951. It is fitted with a Blackburn Cirrus Major 3 engine and is hence an Aiglet Trainer J-5K . It is owned by Mr Richard Webber and is still flying regularly around the U.K.

Copyright:
    Copyright (C) David Molyneaux 2009. All rights reserved.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Aiglet Trainer J-5K
    Last edited by Desert Rat; October 14th, 2020 at 13:14.

Auster j1n alpha for fs9

Description: The prototype J/1N Alpha first flew in 1950 and was followed by several other conversions of Autocrat airframes, but construction soon switched to the use of new airframes. Most sales were made in Australia and New Zealand. The majority of aircraft were exported engineless to Kingsford Smith Aviation Services in Sydney where they were completed and tested before delivery.[5] Many J/1s were converted to J/1N Alpha standard with a higher fin and fitted with a 130 h.p. Gipsy Major engine, as used in the J/1B Aiglet.Copyright:
    Copyright (C) David Molyneaux 2010. All rights reserved.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit AUSTER J1N ALPHA FOR FS9

Members +
    Awesome work, Jamie.
    You have done such a good job, I almost feel that I should download them again!
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

A cunning plan well executed, great stuff gents!

Many thanks Moly and Dave for models and permissions, and Robin and Jamie for the time and effort...Jamie love that first pic of the prototype Auster over an RAF base...Airfix boxtop anyone?

Cheers

Shessi

Quote Originally Posted by Shessi View Post
    ...Airfix boxtop anyone?
    Something like this?

When this model arrived I had already switched to repairing and riding motorcycles....

For me the airfix Auster was the yellow one int he plastic bag from post #19

Ah! memories.
    I had the pleasure of flying in G-AMMS a few (10 !) years ago at Eggesford farm airstrip including some 'hands-on' experience .

Keep up the good work.
    Cheers
    Dave M(oly)

Members +
    Now for the 1M$ question, does anyone know, you too Dave, if there was an Auster AOP-5 that Dave did.?

My memory has gome blank, but I'm sure that I read somewhere that there was, by clicking a panel switch the panel changes.

Or have I been smelling too old cockpits?

Or was it the Mk5?

EDIT-EDIT-EDIT

I found it, this post confused me.. The AOP-5 is the Mk5!
    Auster AOP.5

Released today over at http://www.britsim.com/ is the latest Auster variant to emerge from Messrs Molyneaux, Horsey and myself (and the beta team) - the Auster Mk.5.

More of this variant were produced than any of the others and it served with the RAF from Normandy to Berlin and with countless other Air Forces around the world.

What makes this model so unique is that it is modelled from one currently flying today and Dave Molyneaux has been cleverly installed a wartime configuration and its modern day version into the same aeroplane. With a flick of a switch, the external and internal views completely change showing the various modifications made over the years. There cant be many other aeroplanes created in the simulator world that have this rather unique function.
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

Members +
    David, it looks like that your Austers have become quite popular, with about 179 downloads spread amongst the 4 Austers released so far.. within 24 hours.
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

SOH-CM-2023
    Robin,
    Are you continuing to upload all of your Austers? its just that I have had a request to e-mail mine, & it might be better (because your listing seems to be complete & mine isn't) if my correspondent waited until all of yours were available. BTW my listing of Auster Mk5 snds is only the sound file, so might be a lycoming?
    I always thought that the Mk5's were only fitted with Lycomings.
    Regards
    Keith

Members +
    Quote Originally Posted by Dev One View Post
    Robin,
    Are you continuing to upload all of your Austers? its just that I have had a request to e-mail mine, & it might be better (because your listing seems to be complete & mine isn't) if my correspondent waited until all of yours were available. BTW my listing of Auster Mk5 snds is only the sound file, so might be a lycoming?
    I always thought that the Mk5's were only fitted with Lycomings.
    Regards
    Keith
    Hi Kieth,
    I have uploaded them all, individually zipped in a single large zip file, that Jamie is writing the descriptions & adding a picture. So it will take a bit of time for him to do the balance of 20, adding descriptions & pictures. He has to load them into the sim to take a screenshot. Lycoming it is..

We will just have to wait until Jamie has done them all, I'd rather do that, to get 'clicks' on the library downloads, than to send the files out on request. Unless....
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

Sorry for the delay guys, had a pet to dig a hole for in the back garden, 6ft deep and all. Then the football was on. I'll try and get more done but it's getting late here.

Auster J/5 Alpine

Description: The Auster J/5 Alpine was a 1950s British single-engined four-seat high-wing training and touring monoplane built by Auster Aircraft Limited at Rearsby, Leicestershire.
    The Alpine was a hybrid aircraft based on the fuselage of the J/5 Aiglet Trainer fitted with the wings from the J-1 Autocrat. The prototype was converted from an Auster J-5L Aiglet Trainer.

Copyright:

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit AUSTER J5R ALPINE FOR FS9

Members +
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Rat View Post
    Sorry for the delay guys, had a pet to dig a hole for in the back garden, 6ft deep and all. Then the football was on. I'll try and get more done but it's getting late here.
    Jamie, if you can take out the MK5_SAAF please. It's not one of David's. I had it in the collection as it had SAAF (South African Air Force) textures.
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

Auster Ambulance

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2004 Military - Props

Description: The postwar Auster Ambulance was derived from the early British Taylorcraft models.\nThe aircraft, with a 180-hp Blackburn Bombardier engine,appeared in 1951, but was scrapped in 1956

Copyright:

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Auster Ambulance
    Last edited by Desert Rat; October 14th, 2020 at 16:13.

Quote Originally Posted by zswobbie1 View Post
    Jamie, if you can take out the MK5_SAAF please. It's not one of David's. I had it in the collection as it had SAAF (South African Air Force) textures.
    not a problem, my curiousity now peaked, wondering who made it.

Auster AOP.6

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2004 Military - Props

Description: The Auster AOP.6 (Auster Model K) was designed as a successor to the Taylorcraft Auster V, it had a strengthened fuselage, increased all-up weight and a 145 hp (108 kW) de Havilland Gipsy Major 7 engine. It had a different appearance to the wartime Austers due to the lengthened landing gear struts (due to the larger propeller), and external non-retractable aerofoil flaps.

An initial production run of 296 were completed for the Royal Air Force in 1949. A second batch was produced from 1952 with a total delivered of around 400. Some aircraft ordered by the Royal Air Force aircraft were diverted to the Belgian Air Force (22) and the Royal Hong Kong Auxiliary Air Force (2). New aircraft were delivered to Royal Canadian Air Force, South African Air Force, and the Arab Legion Air Force (Jordan).

A dual-control training version of the AOP.6 was produced, 77 serving as the Auster T.7 (Auster Model Q). These flew alongside the AOP.6 in the AOP squadrons.
    In 1955 two T.7 aircraft were modified for use on the 1956 Commonwealth Trans-Antarctic Expedition, being designated Auster Antarctic (Auster Model C4). The aircraft had extra radio equipment, larger tail surfaces, the ability to be fitted with floats or skis as required and a bright yellow finish to increase visibility against the snow and ice.
    The aircraft was gradually replaced with the Auster AOP.9 from 1955 and surplus aircraft were converted to civilian use, first as the Auster 6A and later as the Beagle A.61 Terrier.

Copyright:

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Auster AOP.6

The above model also includes the T.7 as described in the text and the Antarctic variant. Rather nice if I don't say so.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Auster_019.jpg  

Auster AOP-9

Description: A fully modelled Auster AOP-9 based on an aircraft still flying regulary today here in the U.K. Features include a fully detailed V.C. with many movable controls, operating doors and windows etc.and realistic flight characteritics set up with the help of real-world AOP9 pilots.

Copyright:

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit AUSTER B5 AOP-9 FOR FS9

SOH-CM-2022
    Boy,
    what one little request can do.

Thanks to everyone (especially Dave M.) for making sure these little beauties are kept accessible.

Gavin

Auster AOP-11

Description: Three-seat AOP machine with a 260 hp Continental IO-470-D 6-cylinder horizontally opposed more powerful engine, that raised the maximum speed to 142 mph (228 km/h) and the empty weight to 1,806 lb (816 kg). Apart from the engine, the AOP.11 was almost identical to its predecessor. Early in its career (photo, right), the undercarriage had spats, though these were later removed.[15] Only one, a converted AOP.9 was produced, making its first flight on 18 August 1961 with serial XP254. A year later it was registered to Beagle aircraft, that had taken over Auster in 1960, as G-ASCC where it was known as the Beagle Mk 11, the E.3 or as the A.115. It was sold into private hands in 1971.

A fully modelled Auster AOP-11 based on an aircraft still flying today here in the U.K.
    +Dedicated with fond memories to the late Leif Harding - an inspiration to us all.+

Copyright:

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit AUSTER E3 AOP-11 FOR FS9

Auster j-2 arrow

Description: AUSTER J-2 ARROW

The Auster J/2 Arrow is a 1940s British single-engined two-seat high-wing touring monoplane built by Auster Aircraft Limited at Rearsby, Leicestershire, England.

The Arrow was designed as a successor to the pre-war Taylorcraft Plus C monoplane. A development aircraft, a side-by-side two-seater first flew in 1946 powered by Lycoming O-145-B3 flat four air-cooled engined.

Import restrictions on the sale in the United Kingdom (UK) of American-built engines resulted in most of the 44 aircraft completed being exported, mainly to Australia. In later life, examples were re-imported to the UK, where several examples remained active in 2011.

Copyright (C) David Molyneaux 2011. All rights reserved.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit AUSTER J-2 ARROW

Beagle Husky

Description: The Husky was manufactured by Beagle Auster and was the last of the traditional Auster breed. This aircraft is still flying in the U.K.

The Beagle Husky (originally, the Auster D.5 and initially designated the Auster J/1Y) was a three-seat British light aircraft built in the 1960s which originated from a Portuguese Air Force requirement for a liaison/training aircraft, a development of the Auster Alpha. It first flew as an Auster design in January 1960, but that company was taken over by Beagle Aircraft in September that year. It was initially available with a 160 hp Lycoming O-320 engine as the Auster D5/160.

Copyright:

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Auster Beagle Husky
    Last edited by Desert Rat; October 15th, 2020 at 11:31.

The Last Auster

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2004 Effects

Description: Effects files that are required for the Auster series of aircraft.

Compiled together for ease of use.

Copyright:

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Auster effects