What's your "go to" plane?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's your "go to" plane?

What's your "go to" plane?

The one you fly the most, the one you feel the most comfortable flying?

For me, it's the A2A Cub, probably because I can't see any way to **** it up, other than fly it straight into the ground.

(I wish I could have said my favorite was something else, some really complicated jet, or something, but, the truth is the truth.)

The default Cessna 172. Although written off by the "experts" as a crappy default plane, it has been completely rebuilt for FSX and has a choice of glass or steam. I wonder if any of the "experts" have actually used it?

I have a lot of payware and use many of them regularly, but about 60% of my time is in the C172.
    Tom Constantine
    -------------------
    TOH Forums
    http://mainescenery.proboards.com/

the kodiak quest. the most awesome bush plane that ever lived

Well. Depends on the situation...

The two aircraft I use most are the ones I 'own and operate' in FSE:
    Bill's Quest Kodiak for fixed wing ops
    Cera Sim Bell 412 EP for Rotor ops

For general scenery sightseeing, the Dodosim 206.
    "No, I'm not a good shot, but I shoot often." - Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt

Flight1 PC-12 or Lionheart Epic LT.

I love fast turboprops. Come to think of it...I love turboprops in general.
    Ark
    --------------------------
    Win7 64-bit
    Asus P6T Deluxe mobo
    Core i7 920 @ 4.0
    6GB G.Skill DDR3 1600
    Evga GTX 480 SC+
    SB X-FI Fatality
    640GB WD "Black"
    Dell 3007WFP-HC 30" LCD / Acer H233H 23" LCD

I'm fickle. Usually, it's whatever my latest and greatest add-on is. Lately I've been spending my time in the Carenado Bonanza, just tooling around the PNW.

Quote Originally Posted by Overshoe View Post
    The default Cessna 172. Although written off by the "experts" as a crappy default plane, it has been completely rebuilt for FSX and has a choice of glass or steam. I wonder if any of the "experts" have actually used it?

I have a lot of payware and use many of them regularly, but about 60% of my time is in the C172.

The default C172 is a better representaion of what it's supposed to be; than many MANY payware. The whole MSFS model starts to struggle, the further away you get from a light, single.. it struggles with turbo-props models, especially..

And I'm an expert (just ask me, I'll confirm it.. : )

Icon5

At the moment it would be the VRS superhornet ( because i just love it ) or the iris f15 ( because i downloaded it free from simavation and its great )

RealAir Duke. It's good for VFR, great for IFR, and it's fast!
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Ahhhh, does it get any better than this?

PC-12 by the way

most flown in terms of Hours... IRIS Vulcan or F-16... current.... IRIS Typhoon

Ant's Tiger Moth. I spend a lot of time jumping back and forth testing such a wide variety of aircraft (and having bought and become seriously attached to the FSLabs Concorde), I find the best way to relax "in-sim" is to fly an aircraft I know from the real world which is a very accurate rendition of a pleasing aircraft to fly.

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    For me the aircraft I have gotten the most bang for my buck out of is the Just Flight P-38. Haven't had our version (Milviz) long enough to accrue the kind of hours on it like I did Just Flights.
    Steve
    FSX Hours: 3000+

Hmmmmm I'd have to say the Lotus L-39 or my Carenado Turbo Saratoga mod. Though the Saratoga hasn't been flown much since the Bonanza was released.

Dodosim 206 for FSX.

Dont fly planes much...but it would probably be the VRS f18 if i did.

Extra 300S or SU-26M

I logged 164 hours on Fw190 in the past 12 month, makes it the most (ab)-used plane in my hangar.
    Other than that it's always the current project that's getting the most stick time, for obvious reasons.
    Mathias

RealAir Spitfire IX, looks great, handles great and is quick enough to explore scenery without spending all night chugging along.

Love the IRIS Vulcan, Aerosoft F16 and the A2A B17 too. I'm still trying to get to grips with the CH FW190's, it's a rewarding plane, but I think the RealAir Spit is easier to fly.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyE1976 View Post
    I'm still trying to get to grips with the CH FW190's, it's a rewarding plane, but I think the RealAir Spit is easier to fly.
    Hmm, not trying to turn that into x v. y argument or something, but the AvHistory airfiles model certain key physics that most others don't do at all or just very rudimentary or plain wrong. To put it simple, this one flies in air, not in maple sirup. Add to it the fairly unique control surface responsivenes of the 190 when compared to other real world warbirds even at high speeds and you get a plane that is easy to fly as long as you keep in mind to have a light hand on the controlls. You should be able to perform most manovers with just two fingers on the stick.
    Mathias

abrussell
    Quest Kodiak
    Bruce

Piglet's Saab J-21 for those fixed-wing moods, Alphasim's Kamov Ka-27 when I'm feeling the need to hover though their Dauphin is a close second for that.

Blog Entries
    ::chuckles;; Whatever plane i'm working on at any given moment.. ::chuckles:: by the time i finish most of them, ive been in them so long i never want to see them again..

The IRIS F-14.....you were expecting something else??

Actually, it's a split between it and the A2A P-51D. It's hard to pass the Mustang by if I've got FSX fired up and shut the Tomcat down for the evening.

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

I do like this new P-36 I've been flying!