What's your "go to" plane? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's your "go to" plane?

The bird in my signature below is my general go travel/explore plane. I fly the other birds in my inventory as well but mostly for the sake of flying those types of aircraft where as the Dynasty is my...i feel like flying to KXYZ airport 'airplane'.

Cheers
    TJ
    "The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Iris C27J in CAF paint yellow FIP scheme or CC-138 #802 Aerosoft.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Milton's Beech 18!
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Blog Entries
    Heli-Development Eurocopter AS350B3 Ecureuil....sorry, it's an FS9 model...eagerly awaiting the FSX package.

I'm with the FAA and I'm here to help you.....................Now gimme a hug!

Gosh, I have my favorites, but there really isn't just one airplane that I always go back to. I did recently download the Carenado Archer II and it has pretty much become a favorite.
    Low and slow is where FSX feels best to me.

LoL w're all different
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Carenado Cessna 185 or 182 but just got the Bonanza so maybe that wil become my "go to plane"

Interesting question. It seems “I ain't got no goto plane”. I think it's because I am “non-focused”. Kind of. Or, more or less. Or something... I'm always off exploring some off the wall aspect of flying, going from one question to the next. If I have an interest in landing characteristics of early jets, then I'm in the Alphasim F-105, F-106, or the RAZBAM F-102. If WW-II carrier ops, then it's the Vertigo Studio SBD or F6F, or, if I really have a death wish, the A2A/Aircraft Factory F4U. If it's contemporary navigation questions, it's the default Maule or the C-208. Crosswind landing practice? Sky Unlimited T-6. If I want to see how I can kill myself at low speed, high RPM screw ups during landing, its the A2A P-51D. Low speed fun filled sight seeing, the Milton Shupe Beechcraft D-18, or the Sibwings Cessna Bird Dog. Float plane fun? The Aerosoft PBY or the Alphasim Grumman Albatross. Or the default Goose. Has to be an amphib, so I can take off from dirt and land in water. Or the other way around. See? I'm aimless, hopelessly wandering through the wilderness of FS, looking for a reason for being, and a goto plane. No luck so far!
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

The Carenado Cessna 152, simply because it is the only plane I fly for real and it is good practice for my PPL and due to the fact that I have made the repaint for my beloved SX-AKL. It gets flown a lot lately while testing my WIP Tatoi scenery.

When not flying around Tatoi I very often use Lionheart's Tailwind, Epic Dynasty (for a more "posch" feeling) and Flight Replica's Supercub and A2A Cub for bush flying.

The models I always go back to are the FSX versions of Alphasims Hudson and Skyray. If I get bored I just make another batch of (usually fictional) repaints for them.
    Norwich, a fine city.

I like so many, but here lately I've taken a shine to the stock Beech Baron with the analog cockpit.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Piglet's Meyers 200D.

Dag
    Hi,

After getting an I7 system I fly the aerosoft F-16 the most :salute:

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    Hmm, not trying to turn that into x v. y argument or something, but the AvHistory airfiles model certain key physics that most others don't do at all or just very rudimentary or plain wrong. To put it simple, this one flies in air, not in maple sirup. Add to it the fairly unique control surface responsivenes of the 190 when compared to other real world warbirds even at high speeds and you get a plane that is easy to fly as long as you keep in mind to have a light hand on the controlls. You should be able to perform most manovers with just two fingers on the stick.
    Not knocking your FW190 at all, I only have the late variants package, but I think it's great - I just haven't learnt how to fly it properly yet, that's all.

Alphasim Hunter
    Project Airbus A320
    Warbirds P51B/C
    Default Microlight
    Waiting for the CS 707 FSX native too !

Quote Originally Posted by AndyE1976 View Post
    Not knocking your FW190 at all, I only have the late variants package, but I think it's great - I just haven't learnt how to fly it properly yet, that's all.
    Didn't understand it as knocking.
    What I tried to express is that you may get a bit more interaction with the surrounding air than being used to with this aircraft.
    Mathias

Piglets PC-7, just love it! I have a thing for turboprop trainers!

When I do get to fly, it depends on my mood. I like Carenado's C-152, Milton's Howard 500, and IRIS' F-15 the most. But my hanger is rather big, so sometimes I'll just close my eyes and grab a set of keys, lol.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Aviator273
    a2a P-47 Razorback + accusim
    Piglet's Mayers 200D
    default Maule Orion
    Cessna 152, 172 or 208, depending on my mood and the purpose of the flight.

well... the difference between my flighthours with these aircraft in fsx isn't as big as that I would tell only one of them my only go to plane. But I like the P-47 most.

I have Bruce's "Biff" (Bristol F.2B): great aircraft for explorer sceneries!

Best regards,
    Luca