The Netherlands in FSX: NL2000 project V. 4 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Netherlands in FSX: NL2000 project V. 4

Charter Member 2015
    You'd need ~7 standard DVD-R/+R's to fit 32GB..... or 4 Dual Layer discs. Even a pretty standard 25GB BluRay disk wouldn't cut the mustard.
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

JIC some of you didn't notice, the files are also now available at AVSIM.

Also at Flightsim.com, but those are not all files! The photoreal groundtextures still have to be downloaded with torrents or from newsgroups.
    Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Quote Originally Posted by kilo delta View Post
    You'd need ~7 standard DVD-R/+R's to fit 32GB..... or 4 Dual Layer discs. Even a pretty standard 25GB BluRay disk wouldn't cut the mustard.
    That's true,surely, but it's been done before, the complete photoreal Netherlands on a couple disks. I think it was Horizon that provided these. Probabely ( and hopefully... ) the texture resolution of NL2Kv4 will be much higher....

In any case, it's like where a small country can be very big...

cheers,
    jan

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    A few shots from the first sightseeing tour..:

Take-off at Lelystad airport (EHLE); it's not bad but I'll probably keep the Aerosoft version for now:

The museum is up to date; that Meteor is quite a recent addition, as is the repainted Neptune:

The city of Arnhem, with the 'bridge too far' just below my left wing:

Flying over the now closed Soesterberg (EHSB); will have to try the Eighties version (With US 32nd F-15's present) soon:

The Amsterdam ArenA:

Approaching Valkenburg (EHVB); this is the 'active' alternate version, in real life this base is closed:

Flying south along the coast:

It's not perfect yet, but it's great to fly over my own country and see so many familiar things from a different perspective. From Lelystad I flew over Amersfoort, Apeldoorn, Arnhem towards my home town and I managed to find my own house without any problem!
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    A few more; the swallow 'Waddenzee' in the north:

Texel:

Aerosoft's Lelystad X blends in very well; I can't tell the difference between it and the NL2000V4 scenery!:

De Kooy:

Volkel (EHVB):

Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

I have a great system, but I still had to dial down the sliders for this, but it is worth it. It's amazing scenery. Of course, once I get around to OC'ing my system, I'll be able to move some of those sliders back up.

Nice pics Ferry v0.

Javis,
    I just found NL2000 v3.0 on DVD at the FlightSim Store -

http://www.flightsimstore.com/index....aigtuejp5va0u7

I have no idea whether they will be selling v4 on DVD, but since I've not seen NL2000 on DVD on sale anywhere else, I thought you might be interested in following this up,
    best regards,
    Ro

SOH-CM-2024
    Guys, it was a superhuman effort and the flaw of me not using the scenery is not on your end, it is sadly on mine. My current system, though it will fly most any rural area, even Orbx PNW and get 30 fps bogs down to 7-10 fps with Nl2000V.4. It is my system I have saved all files on my external, I do plan on a bang-up computer sometime in the near future that will fly FSX like a charm.

Your scenery, for what little I flew in it is A-one, but it will take a more powerful system than mine to give it justice.

Caz

Twenthe AB

Great Pics!

Lelystad:

Quote Originally Posted by rohan View Post
    Javis,I just found NL2000 v3.0 on DVD at the FlightSim Store -
    Thanks, rohan, yes but v3.0 is for FS9 only. Have just heard that they are not allowed to put v4 on disks or make it commercial because of the aerial photography that has been used for v4.

But thanks for the tip anyway ! :salute:

Cheers,
    Jan

Avsim also has them if you need faster download speeds.

Don

AI traffic problem

Unfortunately, does not appear in the AI aircraft
    What is blocking?

Quote Originally Posted by zsoltquack View Post
    Unfortunately, does not appear in the AI aircraft
    What is blocking?
    Do you have a mix of fs9 and fsx ai flightplans (traffic bgl's) in your FSX installation? Perhaps you installed fs9 scenery with a fs9 traffic bgl into FSX, then fsx traffic bgl's won't work anymore and the AI traffic of the NL2000 scenery is in fsx traffic bgl's.

Quote Originally Posted by VinFlyer View Post
    Do you have a mix of fs9 and fsx ai flightplans (traffic bgl's) in your FSX installation? Perhaps you installed fs9 scenery with a fs9 traffic bgl into FSX, then fsx traffic bgl's won't work anymore and the AI traffic of the NL2000 scenery is in fsx traffic bgl's.
    This file is installed!
    nl2k_v4_traffic

Lipra / Aoraki
    Nice work thank you all

Landing at Middelburg, Midden-Zeeland
    [YOUTUBE]T-8Pm1V9cjg[/YOUTUBE]
    Philippe
    Student Pilot

Members who have read this thread: 0