Searching for AI models

Thread: Searching for AI models

Searching for AI models

Greets all,

I'm looking for some freeware AI aircraft to complete a project im working on and I need to locate at least 4 of the below listed aircraft with proper squadron paint schemes

CVW 17 circa late 1967:

1. F-4B VF-11 (Red-Rippers) and/or VF-74 (Be-Devilers)
    K. Ito's F-4B appears to be a good candidate for AI conversion provided I can locate the paint.

2. A-4E VA-106(Gladiators) and/or VA-46(Clansmen)
    Alphasims fs2002 model or FS98 model appears to be convertable provided I can locate the proper paint. I also have MAIW 'Topgun' pack and need paints.

3. A-6A VA-65(Tigers)- I have the AS A-6 but need the paint

4. RA5C RVAH-11(Checkertails)

5. E-2A VAW-123(Screwtops)- I have Pierre Marchadiers model, just need paint

6. KA-3B VAH-10 DET.59(Vikings)

7. EA-1F VAW-33 DET.59 (VAQ-33)(Nighthawks)

8. UH-2A HC-2 DET.59(Fleet Angels)- I have Nigel Booth & Adrian Brauschs Seasprite model but need correct paint.

I know it's a tall order but I'd like at least 4 from this list, and AI models if possible. Thanks for the help.
    "May fortune favor the foolish"
    MaddogK

Sorry mate but you've got no chance. There is an AI F-4B by Fernando Martinez that is a perfect AI model and is optimized for carrier use but no paints for those squadrons although there are some good ones by Hartwig Ullrich. The only paints I've seen for the MAIW A-4 are RAN schemes. All the rest no AI models exist except for an E-2 that's been in development for quite some time so don't hold your breath.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MaddogK View Post
    Greets all,

I'm looking for some freeware AI aircraft to complete a project im working on and I need to locate at least 4 of the below listed aircraft with proper squadron paint schemes

CVW 17 circa late 1967:

1. F-4B VF-11 (Red-Rippers) and/or VF-74 (Be-Devilers)
    K. Ito's F-4B appears to be a good candidate for AI conversion provided I can locate the paint.

2. A-4E VA-106(Gladiators) and/or VA-46(Clansmen)
    Alphasims fs2002 model or FS98 model appears to be convertable provided I can locate the proper paint. I also have MAIW 'Topgun' pack and need paints.

3. A-6A VA-65(Tigers)- I have the AS A-6 but need the paint

4. RA5C RVAH-11(Checkertails)

5. E-2A VAW-123(Screwtops)- I have Pierre Marchadiers model, just need paint

6. KA-3B VAH-10 DET.59(Vikings)

7. EA-1F VAW-33 DET.59 (VAQ-33)(Nighthawks)

8. UH-2A HC-2 DET.59(Fleet Angels)- I have Nigel Booth & Adrian Brauschs Seasprite model but need correct paint.

I know it's a tall order but I'd like at least 4 from this list, and AI models if possible. Thanks for the help.
    Indeed, some tricky ones in there.

I'd start with the basics - the true AI models. For example, for the F-4, Fernando Martinez released a fantastically detailed but bona fide AI F-4B. Search flightsim.com under this name and you'll get some magnificent repaints.

Base plane is on avsim - here:

Category: Flight Simulator 2004 - AI Aircraft McDonnell Douglas F-4B Phantom II

Images related to this file:

File Description:
    Low poly model features 8 LOD's - dynamic shine - animated parts. Package for four locations of the Big-E carrier (version 2) ; with traffic & afcad files plus original textures : Norfolk with CVW-1 (VF 14 Tophatters & VF-32 Swordsmen), San Diego with cvw-15 (VF-51 Screaming Eagles & VF-111 Sundowners), east of Sicily with CVW-7 (VF-41 Black Aces & VF-84 Jolly Rogers) and Yankee Station with CVW-9 (VF-92 Silver Kings & VF-96 Fighting Falcons).

Filename:f4b_for_bige.zipLicense:FreewareAdded:12th December 2009Downloads:605Author:Fernando MartinezSize:2215kb

Just an observation (have been working on carrier AI for roughly 3-4 years now) and my suggestion would be to keep realism expectations realistic. It's one thing for someone like a MAIW to do a full blown AFB, where parking space is unlimited. But on a carrier, the limited space, plus the limitations of AFCADS to move planes around realistically means you have to look at some real compromises. For example, the ability to move planes to the bow for recovery, and to the stern for launches, is something that has yet eluded me. If you're not careful, the AI get confused, and simply disappear from the deck.

So too, is the pc hardware performance tradeoff. Non LOD models will tax the system, and nothing kills the buzz like calling the ball and having the pc slow down to sub 10 fps on such a crucial phase of recovery. Depending on the carrier, I find 4-6 AI planes - in addition to myself - is a fairly happy compromise between a lovely crowded deck, and good fluid performance.

Maybe you have a killer pc, and/or know something that I've missed along the way, but I just thought I'd pass that along.

Either way, good luck and let us know how it all unfolds! :ernae:

dl

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post

Just an observation (have been working on carrier AI for roughly 3-4 years now) and my suggestion would be to keep realism expectations realistic. It's one thing for someone like a MAIW to do a full blown AFB, where parking space is unlimited. But on a carrier, the limited space, plus the limitations of AFCADS to move planes around realistically means you have to look at some real compromises. For example, the ability to move planes to the bow for recovery, and to the stern for launches, is something that has yet eluded me. If you're not careful, the AI get confused, and simply disappear from the deck.

So too, is the pc hardware performance tradeoff. Non LOD models will tax the system, and nothing kills the buzz like calling the ball and having the pc slow down to sub 10 fps on such a crucial phase of recovery. Depending on the carrier, I find 4-6 AI planes - in addition to myself - is a fairly happy compromise between a lovely crowded deck, and good fluid performance.

Maybe you have a killer pc, and/or know something that I've missed along the way, but I just thought I'd pass that along.

Either way, good luck and let us know how it all unfolds! :ernae:

dl
    Thanks for the advice, I agree that 4 AI and myself is the compromise I'm aiming for (ala Alphas CVN-65) and it's working pretty well with the line-up from the 2006 carrier pack I've currently installed- I'm looking for a more era-authentic lineup as Hornets and Tomcats are a bit too 'new' for late 60's Vietnam warfare. I've improvised an AI SH-3 from edwin thurston's model but it's overkill and needs to go. If ya come up with anything let me know, and thanks for the Phantom link. Will undoubtedly compromise on the paints but was hoping someone had some of those on the list, but never released them.
    MaddogK

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MaddogK View Post
    Thanks for the advice, I agree that 4 AI and myself is the compromise I'm aiming for (ala Alphas CVN-65) and it's working pretty well with the line-up from the 2006 carrier pack I've currently installed- I'm looking for a more era-authentic lineup as Hornets and Tomcats are a bit too 'new' for late 60's Vietnam warfare. I've improvised an AI SH-3 from edwin thurston's model but it's overkill for my needs. If ya come up with anything let me know, and thanks for the Phantom link.
    I'm surprised no one ever repainted the stock CVN AI A-6 ... lovely model folding wings .... some great 60's era potential.

let us know how it goes ...

dl

Yup, the stock A6 is usable as-is, a real shame there's no AI hawkeyes or S-2 trackers to be found, but I think I found the seasprite.
    MaddogK

Quote Originally Posted by Quax d. Bruchpilot View Post
    maybe this site is helpfull ???

http://fsonline.dk/en/index.php?titl...odels#Military

regards
    Andi
    Thanks anyway, but their all tubeliners.

DL's link fit the bill (mostly), E2c is onboard (converted FS2000 model) but lacks props and wing folds but will do for now. I'll work on the S2 COD tomorrow. so far no hiccups on approach.
    MaddogK

Found some Phantom pics of VF-11 and VF-74 if anyone want to do em, I'm not really an artist.
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...m_II_VF-74.jpg
    MaddogK

Members who have read this thread: 0