Spangdahlem AFB, Germany.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spangdahlem AFB, Germany.

Spangdahlem AFB, Germany.

Is there or does anyone know of an FSX scenery for Spangdahlem AFB, Germany? Vampyres are hoping to start a new Multiplayer Project flying our usual AS F-105D mount out of either Bitburg or Spangdahlem but we would prefer the latter.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Bitburg is WAY Better than Spang! Go BIG 22!

GZR_Sactargets

Found one for FS98 at Flightsim.com

Quote Originally Posted by CheckSix View Post
    Is there or does anyone know of an FSX scenery for Spangdahlem AFB, Germany? Vampyres are hoping to start a new Multiplayer Project flying our usual AS F-105D mount out of either Bitburg or Spangdahlem but we would prefer the latter.

Thanks in advance for any info.
    <HR align=center width=600 SIZE=2>
    <CENTER>FS98 - FS98 Scenery </CENTER><CENTER>FS98 Scenery--Spangdahlem USAFB
    </CENTER><CENTER>[ Download | View ] </CENTER>
    Name: etad98.zip Size: 711,988 Date: 03-16-2005 Downloads: 204
    FS98 Scenery--Spangdahlem USAFB, Germany. An airbase with 3041x45 m asphalt runway. Features static and dynamic A-10 Thunderbolt, also R-4C Phantom and vehicle. Airbase with taxisigns, hangars, navaids, ATIS and more. By Pablo Schultze-Rhonhof.

Thanks for the replies Gents, SACTargets I am afraid thats an FS98 file ratehr than FSX unfortunately but thank you for posting.

Attachment 7945

I found a Spangdahlem AB scenery at Simviation by Ian McCartney.
    It was made for FS2004 but works fine in FSX (see above).

http://www.simviation.com/fs2004scenery70.htm

Hope this helps.
    :ernae:

Fsafranek, thank you very much indeed sir much obliged to you, once again you come to our aid. Indeed, thank you all for your kind assistance especially to you Ed I look forward to what may be

This took longer than normal. The original image I captured was higher res, but so large it was impossible to work with and it never would sharpen up in the sim. This latest one is not as high res, but I think it'll work better because it seems to fit right into the landscape.

I'm going to work the AFCAD first to ensure all the rwy's, taxi ways and turnouts match the photo, then I'll start positioning the objects, especially the Haz's. There are a bunch of those.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    I'm going to work the AFCAD first to ensure all the rwy's, taxi ways and turnouts match the photo, then I'll start positioning the objects, especially the Haz's. There are a bunch of those.
    That would be great. It needs to be backdated to the '60's for these guys to fly their Thuds from.
    The scenery I pointed out above was mid-80's with the new ramp added. :salute:
    :ernae:

This took longer than normal. The original image I captured was higher res, but so large it was impossible to work with and it never would sharpen up in the sim. This latest one is not as high res, but I think it'll work better because it seems to fit right into the landscape.

Awesome...and look at where the golf course is! No quiet games there, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    . . . . .It needs to be backdated to the '60's for these guys to fly their Thuds from. . . . . .
    Well, finding period photo's (overhead) of the base in the 60's hasn't been very successful, so unless I can get those, or someone has a bunch they can post, or send me. . .then the base will probably look just like it does in the image I posted above.:salute:

Current System Specs:

Two images of the WIP:
    I thought I'd show the AFCAD since it has been a real maze to work on. I still have some work to do around the "tabs" and the rwy needs to be moved slightly to align correctly. Then I can start dropping in the actual "Tab V" hangars, standard hangars and autogen.

Current System Specs:

Tabs are in place (most, not all), some buildings and almost all of the vegetation.

Current System Specs:

Falcon,

You are doing some amazing work!! Your assistance in converting/porting over NAS Cecil Field scenery was greatly appreciated. Thanks for your efforts and talent!

NC

Thanks Chief,

Ya know, I thought more about the fps problem at Cecil and I think I know why it's happening. The buildings John did were modeled/coded for FS9. Moving them to FSX was the easy part, but the coding conflicts with FSX, much like a portover (airplane) sometimes causes a drop in framerates. Nothing can really be done about that except to run all the models back through whatever program he used and export them back out as FSX models. I wouldn't even know where to start.

I still fly out of Cecil every day though, it really came out nice and hopefully it works well enough for you to enjoy your old haunt.:salute:

Current System Specs:

To second NavyChief, these wip shots look fantastic! Cant thank you enough Ed!

Hopefully it will be done later on today.:salute:

Current System Specs:

Very close now:

Current System Specs:

Thanks Chief,

Ya know, I thought more about the fps problem at Cecil and I think I know why it's happening. The buildings John did were modeled/coded for FS9. Moving them to FSX was the easy part, but the coding conflicts with FSX, much like a portover (airplane) sometimes causes a drop in framerates. Nothing can really be done about that except to run all the models back through whatever program he used and export them back out as FSX models. I wouldn't even know where to start.

I still fly out of Cecil every day though, it really came out nice and hopefully it works well enough for you to enjoy your old haunt.:salute:
    Ed, just to let you know I did forward your comments to John Stinstrom, thinking he might shed some light on possible fixes for the FPS problems, since he was the designer of the scenery. Either way, I am really enjoying NAS Cecil Field again. The US Navy's East Coast Master Jet Base still operates; at least in simulation anyway!

Pete

With regards to the USAF bases in Germany, has anyone ever done Hahn AFB for FSX????

I visited there way back in 1972, just before I enlisted in the Navy.

NC

Theres another one that is missing from the FSX library

I could spend another three or four days working on this scenery, adding every single building, but I'm not going to. I am now going to concentrate on the "Tab" areas only. I want to be sure that AGE Equipment, line trucks and fuel trucks are scattered around in sufficient quantity that the main areas that house the aircraft look realistic enough. I've flown in and out of the base quite a few times to get a look at it from the air and it looks to mesh into the ground textures pretty nicely. Taxiing off the rwy and through the network of Tab V's is pretty cool even without any of the small things that you'd normally see at an active base. This is pretty sterile compared to that, but the extras I plan to add should add something to the experience.

Current System Specs:

Something I've been pondering and maybe someone with a bit more experience with this can answer. . .There are approximately 100 "Tabs" for parking. I've watched pilots at Luke, actually get lost coming back from a training mission because they couldn't remember where their spot was in the maze of F-16's, lol.
    This seems to be a possibility here as well, lol. At bases where Tab V's or Haz's are the norm (Aviano and Incirlik are the only ones I've been to that have this), are they marked somehow along the taxiway to give the pilot a reference?:salute:

Current System Specs:

Quote Originally Posted by skyblazer3 View Post
    Bitburg is WAY Better than Spang! Go BIG 22!
    Interesting, we just got a bunch of new (old) F-16's sent to Duluth from SP AFB!
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |