F1 Islander released
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: F1 Islander released

F1 Islander released

Thought I'd give this it's own page as the product page is now up and running:

http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=bn2islander

Attachment 7727Attachment 7725Attachment 7726Attachment 7728
    Cheers,

Nick

(screenshotartist - long gone)

Is anyone else having problems with the landing lights not showing up? I didn't see an entry in the cfg file for them either.

EDIT: Disregard

Not sure why, not all the pictures appeared.

Attachment 7731Attachment 7729Attachment 7730
    Cheers,

Nick

(screenshotartist - long gone)

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwikat View Post
    Is anyone else having problems with the landing lights not showing up? I didn't see an entry in the cfg file for them either.
    The landing lights are located on the outer wing leading edges...set time to dusk and have another look.

The Kotare paint is so epic...

Good work Dan!

It looks like I mistook the lights for being off when they were switched on during the day. The effect during the day is very subtle.

Time to eat my hat, anybody got a glass of water!! Downloading now!

Snave
    Well, They really have got it quite close:

But the nose is off, they haven't got the curvature right on the top edge of the windscreen and the wing profile looks way too `thick` from this angle and the engine pods look a little disproportionate, but they've almost got it.

Here's hoping the inevitable patch fixes it, and it appears in the bargain bins soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Snave View Post
    But the nose is off, they haven't got the curvature right on the top edge of the windscreen and the wing profile looks way too `thick` from this angle and the engine pods look a little disproportionate, but they've almost got it.
    It would seem the Kotare paint was assigned the incorrect nose. There is a short nose model included. I'd bet if you made the cfg change it would be the correct nose.

The plane was modeled from factory drawings and real photos of a real Islander, so it should be relatively accurate. Also, my eyepoint in my screenshot isn't level with the wings, it is above the wings, so you can't use that one screenshot to determine whether the wing is too think or not. :salute:

tigisfat
    I definitely see the problem with the windshield. I hope that gets better.

Sorry, but Kotare wasn't given the wrong nose.

All this talk of this and that about a halfway-house BN2 would quite alarm the GBX airline peeps. Every last detail of this BN2 is based on Kotare as of 2008. The photographs below are two of many I took at Auckland Intl back on a rainy day in June 2008.

ATB.
    Dan.
    Forever lurking.

Really nice quality product! Loving it here and dare I say it well worth the wait!

Attachment 7740

Quote Originally Posted by tigisfat View Post
    I definitely see the problem with the windshield. I hope that gets better.
    you would probably see a problem if they were selling the real plane...what's the last payware product you sprang for?

Anything connected to Alphasim ALWAYS makes interesting reading.

How long will it go before the moderators have to step in?

VCN-1

Worth the wait and lovely lovely quality
    [SIGPIC]Vista Australis[/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by VCN-1 View Post

VCN-1
    you're right, but what a drag to hear the same tired old sh*t after all this time.

I will now shut up.

Snave
    Quote Originally Posted by VCN-1 View Post

VCN-1
    Read the literature. This is NOT an Alphasim plane. It's a Virtavia/Flight 1 release.

Guess Alphasim were busy working on the C17...

Without me knowing, SWMBO bought this for me. Now she's buggered off down the pub for a cards night. Are these two events related..?:ques:

Having had it fifty minutes I like the sounds, don't like the windscreen shape, really don't like how the Beacon light still works when everything is powered off, am underwhelmed by the low-res image of the a/p and strangely miffed out of all recognition by the engine cowl latch (really incongrous when you look over your shoulder see a detailed engine and a sharp cowling and then this fuzzy grey stain), wonder why there's no `double` clickspot for either prop or mixture levers, don't like the absence of dial pop ups (can barely see the heading bug), like the flight model particularly at low airspeeds (having flown in Islanders and Trislanders doing tight approaches a few times), wonder why in a payware of this cost there are no pitot covers and chocks when cold'n'dark when they bothered to add a removable pilot, miss the interaction of Accu-Sim level such as misting windows and noise-reducing headphones (but note they did copy the vibrating panel, which is nice, I think, imitation being the sincerest form of flattery), can't make the vertical function of the a/p work and as I suspected, would have liked at least one cockpit variation with a second VC with a slightly differing layout. Elevator trim is a bit sluggish when wheeling it with the mouse, but I can use FSUIPC to fix that individually.

Overall, a creditable effort for 30 bucks. It's just a shame it costs 40...

BTW the FSD boys have the V35B on special at just $18...

Yep, the wolves are already at the door. It took two years to get it released (well almost). Don't look for the curvature of the window or the wing profile to be changed any time soon. . .if at all. Different angles, different views, if ya don't like it. . .don't buy it.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Snave
    Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Yep, the wolves are already at the door. It took two years to get it released (well almost). Don't look for the curvature of the window or the wing profile to be changed any time soon. . .if at all. Different angles, different views, if ya don't like it. . .don't buy it.
    Really? If its demonstrably wrong then they should patch it, or else they should never have offered it for sale in the first place, two years or not. It's not as if they haven't got things to fix. The landing lights are mislocated and a bit naff in terms of light intensity & spread (I will swap them for the A2A 3d lights anyway, which is why I didn't mention it in my previous post) but there are certainly issues that need to be addressed. Especially in a package at this price point, although model and system errors would need to be addressed even if it was 4 bucks.

Besides these new kids on the block won't want to be launching their new virtual aviation manufacturing with a duff 'un, will they..?

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    if ya don't like it. . .don't buy it.
    amen Brother.

Charter Member 2011
    looks nice! heres hopeing it appears in a sale soon
    yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

WOW!
    She's a keeper....
    But....Can some one figure out how to put a U.S. airspeed indicator on the pilot side?
    There is one on the Co-pilot side...but upon trying with FSPanel Studio and looking at the "panel config" I can't figure out?
    Other than that...this thing is nice!

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by CODY View Post
    There is one on the Co-pilot side...but upon trying with FSPanel Studio and looking at the "panel config" I can't figure out?
    They are 3D gauges built into the model so you can't switch anything around. They look way better than 2D gauges, but don't let you do any customization.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwikat View Post
    They are 3D gauges built into the model so you can't switch anything around. They look way better than 2D gauges, but don't let you do any customization.
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO..............
    That is bad news....
    Thanks Kiwikat.

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Snave View Post
    Really? If its demonstrably wrong then they should patch it, or else they should never have offered it for sale in the first place, two years or not. It's not as if they haven't got things to fix. The landing lights are mislocated and a bit naff in terms of light intensity & spread (I will swap them for the A2A 3d lights anyway, which is why I didn't mention it in my previous post) but there are certainly issues that need to be addressed. Especially in a package at this price point, although model and system errors would need to be addressed even if it was 4 bucks.

Besides these new kids on the block won't want to be launching their new virtual aviation manufacturing with a duff 'un, will they..?
    Maybe you should sign up for the next beta team, that way, you can be assured it'll all be correct before the "new kids" release it.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Members who have read this thread: 0