DXTBmp problem, quite a large one

Thread: DXTBmp problem, quite a large one

DXTBmp problem, quite a large one

To give the background, I successfully used DXTBmp 4.00.79 for a long time and made a lot of skins. Then my PC decided to crash big time and now I'm using 4.00.95 with the latest DLL set.

The problem is that it's not working. If I take a bitmap, throw it in DXTBmp and export as a .dds texture I'll get... well... nothing visible. The texture file is there but it isn't showing up on the aircraft. Oddly enough if I open an existing .dds, edit it in PSP, save and refresh and then export it again as .dds it will work. Absolutely no idea why.

Anybody out there with even good guesses?

if you have PSP, you'd better use this plugin to save in dds files:

http://developer.nvidia.com/object/p...s_plugins.html

Besides, this will give you a better quality than DXTbmp.

I'm pretty sure that the nvidia method and DXTBMP will give you the same results?
    If you are having any problems then you can always drop the dev a line via http://www.mnwright.btinternet.co.uk/

bzhyoyo - Thanks! I was a bit sceptical about a Photoshop plugin working in PSP but it seemingly does. I'll have to figure out how to properly use it but we'll see. At least I can crank out skins again.

RAS_JF - Nope, DXTBmp is still belly up but the Nvidia method works. I'll consider asking Martin himself about the problem.

Rene, if you need the old dlls and prog, let me know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

Flap's over! Still no idea about the cause of the problem but Nigel saved my hide once again. Thanks for that! :ernae:

Quote Originally Posted by RAS_JF View Post
    I'm pretty sure that the nvidia method and DXTBMP will give you the same results?
    Not really. If you edit a .dds with DXTbmp more than once, artifacts quickly appear. There's also minor colour alteration sometimes when using DXTbmp.
    After intensive testing, this is my conclusion.

Members who have read this thread: 1