Lockheed P-2V7 Fire Bombers? - Page 10
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Lockheed P-2V7 Fire Bombers?

Thank you, Looking good tankerguy72. It must be awesome to live so close to a tanker base like Hemet, I use to live in Jamestown, California not far from Columbia Air attack Base, was so awesome to see those aircraft fly over the house to go fight a fire in the area, thats ware I got hooked seeing them work. Now I live in Reno, Nevada not to far from Reno Stead airport, don't get much time to go see the tankers that they have there, but I do get to see them work fires that happen in the area. I found this website to listen to Cal Fire, very neat and its free. I am going out of town this weekend so if I don't reply back thats y Thank you all again for your help.
    http://www.radioreference.com/apps/audio/

Textures looking better Tankerguy, they look awesome! Anyway i could help yall?
    "If three-holers are gas guzzlers, why are there four-holers now???"
    "But what do i know? I'm just the 800 pound guerrilla in the room."

Fire! Fire! Your pants better not be on fire....

Quote Originally Posted by tankerguy72 View Post
    Another Texture, Tanker 48

Attachment 37229
    Now that is a sharp "and very bright" tanker!

Well going out of town didn't happen now that I have come down with a nasty cold:isadizzy: That tanker looks familiar Minden Air tanker, Wow looking good Thankerguy.
    Cag40Navy I will have you be a bata tester if that sounds good.
    I still need bump maps to add to these models and panel lines if someone would like to take up that task?

Quote Originally Posted by BillgjCook View Post
    Well going out of town didn't happen now that I have come down with a nasty cold:isadizzy: That tanker looks familiar Minden Air tanker, Wow looking good Thankerguy.
    Cag40Navy I will have you be a bata tester if that sounds good.
    I still need bump maps to add to these models and panel lines if someone would like to take up that task?
    Ai Ai Captain, sounds good to me. Also, yes, Tanker 48 is a Minden one.

And shes already on duty! Still a little detail work around the tank to be done but im tired!

Attachment 37292

Quote Originally Posted by BillgjCook View Post
    Considering you've made the model to accept bumps and spec mapping, I would be happy to lend a hand where I can. Send me all you have for the model. Then I'll search for some high resolution shots as reference. If anyone has any close-up shots, they'd come in real handy for me at this point of the models process. I'd like to make the rivets and panel lines as authentic as possible.

I found one fairly decent 3-view drawing. It shows all but the underneath. I suppose I can wing it. Not that big of a problem because I can transfer from top, to bottom. Although it would be nice to have the clear photos.

I'm going to assume that all the doors and cut-outs are completed. I don't mind helping out, but I don't want to have to back-pedal once I get started if it's avoidable

I have prolly all the pictures you would need if you do end up doing them

Jeremy

Quote Originally Posted by OleBoy View Post
    Considering you've made the model to accept bumps and spec mapping, I would be happy to lend a hand where I can. Send me all you have for the model. Then I'll search for some high resolution shots as reference. If anyone has any close-up shots, they'd come in real handy for me at this point of the models process. I'd like to make the rivets and panel lines as authentic as possible.

I found one fairly decent 3-view drawing. It shows all but the underneath. I suppose I can wing it. Not that big of a problem because I can transfer from top, to bottom. Although it would be nice to have the clear photos.

I'm going to assume that all the doors and cut-outs are completed. I don't mind helping out, but I don't want to have to back-pedal once I get started if it's avoidable
    That sounds good. I can provide some good 3-view for you if needed, just let me know.
    I have the textures in a .psd format so doing layers and repaints is done much easer.
    Send me a PM with a email and I will send you what I have, there is no flight model yet, Airattackimages and Stealthshadow1 are working on them right now. All cutouts are done and just need animation.

And shes already on duty! Still a little detail work around the tank to be done but im tired!

Attachment 37292

Nice!

Bill.... After this project, could we beat you into doing a S-2T? Well, all the variants including those used by the Cal-Fire and the ones used by the Direction de la Défense de la Sécurité Civile. Mand maybe the radial version too.... I dont know, just an idea way way way down the road. Figured i post it so i can remember way way down the road. Ok, back to the P-2V's :mixedsmi:

That is my absolute favorite. Thanks for doing that brother, I know I whined enough.

I just wish I could find all my old shots of 139 and 140. I had them at Hemet during the huge firestorms of October 93 and that paint job just popped against a BLACK smoke filled sky. Dark as night...

Quote Originally Posted by Cag40Navy View Post
    Bill.... After this project, could we beat you into doing a S-2T? Well, all the variants including those used by the Cal-Fire and the ones used by the Direction de la Défense de la Sécurité Civile. Mand maybe the radial version too.... I dont know, just an idea way way way down the road. Figured i post it so i can remember way way down the road. Ok, back to the P-2V's :mixedsmi:
    Hawkins and Powers T139

Attachment 37400
    Ya a good S2-A and S2-T would be awesome in FSX, I think that would be a possible (opps I misspelled possible with passable, thats funny) next in line after the P2's.

Wow tankerguy72 that looks good keep them coming and if there is a need to paint the windows just let me know and I will change it.

We welcome Ole-boy to the team as he will be taking on the chore of panel lines and doing the bump maps.

Thats a nice HP Tanker Tanker! What a beaut!

I look forward to the possibility of the S-2!

Geeze dude, one thing at a time.
    My repaints that I do alone take an average of a week! [LINESTRIKE]Not that I'm volunteering.[/LINESTRIKE] Due to my schedule I can't really commit to anything. But I will help where I can.

If anyone has any close-up shots of these beasts that show panel and rivet lines, now'd be a good time to share the wealth

Thanks for the compliments my repaints are quick and dirty! Throwing tankers schemes out there to have fun in! I dont have the attention span to do them 100% haha:mixedsmi:

Oleboy i have the photos but dont know how to get them to you they are pretty large size, but heres a few to look at.
    Attachment 37470Attachment 37471Attachment 37472Attachment 37473

Holy splat!! There's a jazillion rivets in these birds!!

I have been working on the cockpit and got an idea and am hopping that it works. I sent Minden Air Corp. a email requesting to go down to there facility an take some photo of the SP-2H that they opperate. I hope it works out. I am looking for lots of cockpit photo and some exteriour just to make these aircraft look and have the feal of a real aircraft. I will let you all know if I get to go or not. I am working getting the tires to rotate on the models that I have done already so when I do I will send out updated mdl's to all.

Thank You

Bill

Yep that will help, do you have any of the side panels and center concel?