MAW mission builder?

Thread: MAW mission builder?

MAW mission builder?

I've noticed that all facilities in the games "buildings" folder are not available in mission builder. An example is the Opera House (ber_3 sub folder). I have an OFF mission where we attack the opera house and the staff cars around it and I'd like to create a similar mission in MAW. Anybody know how I can get the MAW mission builder to see all the facilities? TIA

Simply copy an existing facility file, such as flaktower.xml, and rename it to whatever-you-want-it-to-be.xml.

Open it up and you'll find this:

<Facility Type="Flaktower" Flags="isMilitary" OuterDistance="10000">
    <Units>
    <Unit Type="#flaktower" Position="0.00 0.00" Angle="0.00"/>
    </Units>
    <GroundPlanes/>
    <Routes/>
    </Facility>

Change Facility Type="Flaktower" for Facility Type="Opera House" where "Opera House" is the name of the building you want to see.

Unit Type="#flaktower" designates the model name, so the m3d name of your building, without the .m3d tag. So here, you'd put Unit Type="ber_3"

Chuck it back into the facilities folder, and you should find you can find it.

Alternatively, if it exists as a separate facility file in stock CFS3, you should simply copy it over, after making sure the building it refers to is actually in the MAW buildings folder! If it isn't, copy that over, too. It will be, but make sure anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

Hey! Thanks! It works like a champ. I just copied over the ber_3__.xml file from CFS3 and I'm on the way to porting over my OFF mission.

Good to hear it!

MAW and ETO are still CFS3 - what works in one will work in the other, as long as you know how to bring it over.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

Members who have read this thread: 0