Italy: LIPR + 25 x 98Mb downloads

Thread: Italy: LIPR + 25 x 98Mb downloads

Charter Member 2011

Italy: LIPR + 25 x 98Mb downloads

Been spending a bit of time looking at Italy in FS.
    There are some very good freeware sceneries available.
    I had this scenery for Rimini Miramare Miltary airbase downloaded a long time ago, but never followed up on it.
    I think it was because
    it needed some RWY12 object libraries and I couldn't be fussed with that, and
    a ginormous photoreal download of surrounding scenery.

But I installed the bare bones just for fun, and it has the makings of a truly excellent scenery.
    The runway and grass detailing is especially impressive.

Over the next couple of days I will attempt that giant download, and add the necessary library objects.
    I hope it's all worthwhile.

Is that bare bones only airfield available anyware, the screen shot makes it look very impressive even without any buildings, only reason i ask is, ive just bought the EZ-scenery program, i could probably build it up using MAIW object librarys.
    Ive got installed some really good LOD10 mesh of Italy and im always on the look out for some good Italian AF airbase's.
    cheers ian

Charter Member 2011
    It shouldn't be necessary - just add Gerrish trees and RWY 12 libraries and the scenery is all go.
    The big download is for the surrounding photoreal.

FS2004 (ACOF) - FS2004 Scenery
    FS2004 Scenery--Airport Rimini-Miramare
    [ Download | View ]

Name: rimini.zip Size: 45,919,155 Date: 01-07-2008 Downloads: 1,777
    FS2004 Scenery--Airport Rimini-Miramare (LIPR). "Aeroporto Internationale Federico Fellini" is an airport located at Miramare, 8 km southeast from the city of Rimini, Italy. The airport is a military airport, which will be also used as civilian airport (during the summer for charters). The military part of the airport is called Aeroporto G. Vassura. Scenery includes real AI traffic movements (2007) and some effects. By Harry Urben and Ulrich Buergler.

Thanks, im off to try it out.
    cheers ian

This scenery looks very nice I'll try it later.
    If anybody is interessted in photoreal grounds for italy search for "Fulvio Mazzokan" at AVSIM or take a look here

http://www.fotomesh.de/html/meshwelt.html

pr available for FS9 and FSX. Also from USA , north Africa etc.

Greets
    Andi

Charter Member 2011
    Well the RWY 12 object library didn't produce any problems, so I'll keep it for now.
    Gerrish's trees are looking a little dated perhaps, but we'll have to live with that it seems.

I'm going to send a flock of Piglet's Predators over to Croatia...

Quote Originally Posted by Wing_Z View Post
    Well the RWY 12 object library didn't produce any problems, so I'll keep it for now.
    Gerrish's trees are looking a little dated perhaps, but we'll have to live with that it seems.

I'm going to send a flock of Piglet's Predators over to Croatia...

Wing, where did you get those Predators at? Mike :salute:

Charter Member 2011

flightsim.com

FS2002 - FS2002 Aircraft
    FS2002 USAF RQ-1A Predator UAV
    [ Download | View ]

Name: rq-1_uav-1.zip Size: 692,263 Date: 05-02-2010 Downloads: 164
    FS2002 USAF RQ-1A Predator UAV, v1.0. Hard working unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) of the Bosnian and current Enduring Freedom operations. The General Atomics RQ-1 can collect and transmit data without endangering any aircrews' lives. This FSDS/Gmax aircraft comes with "ground controller station" panel, with some custom gauges. By Tim Conrad.

They make great AI...
    I re-serialled them but messed up the paint.
    I'll do them again before committing to battle

FS2002 - FS2002 Aircraft
    FS2002 USAF RQ-1A Predator UAV
    [ Download | View ]

Name: rq-1_uav-1.zip Size: 692,263 Date: 05-02-2010 Downloads: 164
    FS2002 USAF RQ-1A Predator UAV, v1.0. Hard working unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) of the Bosnian and current Enduring Freedom operations. The General Atomics RQ-1 can collect and transmit data without endangering any aircrews' lives. This FSDS/Gmax aircraft comes with "ground controller station" panel, with some custom gauges. By Tim Conrad.

They make great AI...
    I re-serialled them but messed up the paint.
    I'll do them again before committing to battle
    Hey, thanks Mate. Off to get it now! Mike :salute:

Charter Member 2011
    You're welcome!
    I've touched up the fleet a little, and packed a couple of them off to Croatia as AI.
    It's actually not so strange to fly a UCAV in flightsim...

Back to topic: the photoreal is the size it is, because it appears the author has included targa files, as well as bitmaps.
    Can't think why, they are 4x the size of the BMP's and are just duplicates as far as I can see...2.5GB worth.

Charter Member 2011
    I installed the photoreal, which is pretty extensive.
    It has no autogen or seasonal textures, but fits well around the airport

I did not install the vehicle traffic surrounding the airport, as it affected performance.

Plenty of room for civilian and military AI

I selected a couple of Hama vehicles for the included ground traffic AI.
    The bus got a little custom Rimini badge.

You can just follow them around and be amazed by the detail built into this scenery.
    Or, drive one yourself, as I did.

...and if you didn't know, there is a soccer field on the property, complete with goal posts!

Truly a great scenery all round, lots to play with.

help me find some stuff on LIPR remini

Been spending a bit of time looking at Italy in FS.
    There are some very good freeware sceneries available.
    I had this scenery for Rimini Miramare Miltary airbase downloaded a long time ago, but never followed up on it.
    I think it was because
    it needed some RWY12 object libraries and I couldn't be fussed with that, and
    a ginormous photoreal download of surrounding scenery.

But I installed the bare bones just for fun, and it has the makings of a truly excellent scenery.
    The runway and grass detailing is especially impressive.

Over the next couple of days I will attempt that giant download, and add the necessary library objects.
    I hope it's all worthwhile.
    hey ***** i like this photo of you as well as the trucks and ai traffic and the soccer ground scenery of lipr remini and can you gimme the list of all the addons for remini lipr and the links to it please it will be really helpful

Charter Member 2011

At www.flightsim.com

FS2004 (ACOF) - FS2004 SceneryFS2004 Scenery--Airport Rimini-Miramare
    [ Download | View ]
    Name: rimini.zip
    Size: 45,919,155 Date: 01-07-2008 Downloads: 4,637

FS2004 Scenery--Airport Rimini-Miramare (LIPR). "Aeroporto Internationale Federico Fellini" is an airport located at Miramare, 8 km southeast from the city of Rimini, Italy. The airport is a military airport, which will be also used as civilian airport (during the summer for charters). The military part of the airport is called Aeroporto G. Vassura. Scenery includes real AI traffic movements (2007) and some effects. By Harry Urben and Ulrich Buergler.

I didn't find any traffic files for ground ai and only an incomplete file for aircraft traffic. Did I miss something?

Charter Member 2011

You do need to get your hands a little dirty

From the readme:

1.5 Dynamic and static objects
    Internal vehicles traffic
    Inside the airport area, military patrol cars turn his rounds on the internal streets.
    This traffic is controlled by AI; in the folder “AI-Traffic” you find the file Traffic_LIPW.bgl , this must be
    copied in the folder FS9/Scenery/World/scenery
    For testing i used the UNIMOG one from Mitsuya Hamaguchi (hama) but you can use every car you want.
    On next upgrades there’ll be „real“ patrol car for it.
    Static helicopters
    The helicopters can be inserted in the scenery (version 2007!) with the file Traffic_LIPR_Mil2.bgl as static
    models. Later I try to make AI-traffic with it.
    F-104 AI-Traffic
    The Starfighter F-104 is ready for AI-Traffic (scenery version 1990!). The needed bgl.file for F-104 AI-traffic
    (Traffic_LIPR_Mil.bgl) can be found in the subfolder „AI_Traffic“ and must be copied in the folder
    FS9/Scenery/World/scenery.
    Source used for models and textures:
    F-104 Avsim.com file name: f104ito102gr.zip
    Helicopter Hovercontrol.com file names: Bell_UH-1H_Italian_Army
    tn_Breda-Nardi_NH-500_anfib
    Simviation.com file names: FS2002 Hughes 500D Amphibian
    FS2002 AB206 A-1 Italian Army
    Avsim.com file name: agusta-hh-3f_pelican

Wing,

Apparently the version you downloaded and the version I downloaded (from the link above) are not the same. The package I downloaded does not include any traffic bgls. The only thing in the "AI Traffic" folder are two text files: the airports list and a flightplans file that appears to be a work in progress and includes no entries for ground traffic that I can see.

The readme in my version does not even include the text you quoted. I searched FlightSim.com to see if there was an update and did not find one. I'm confused as to why there seems to be a difference between our downloads.

If you could post the text for the ground vehicle traffic flightplans I can put the rest together. Thanks.

PF

Lightbulb

This is another place for download this scenery .. and you will find the missing traffic files inside !!
    The scenery direct download link:
    http://www.vdwaart.eu/rimini/downloa...ramare_Mil.zip
    Source:
    http://www.flightportal.it/forum/vie...45916&start=20
    Hope it's help !

Charter Member 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by pfflyers View Post
    If you could post the text for the ground vehicle traffic flightplans I can put the rest together.PF
    Yes, sorry I am reconstructing this as my install was over 4 years ago!
    In case Navtech's link doesn't work for you, I've attached the AI files I have.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks to Navtech and Wing for your responses.

I'm looking forward to trying out these new downloads. I guess the file on flightsim is an early version as the author mentions the possibility of a later update. Looks like the file Navtech linked might be that updated version.

Thanks again for the help.

PF

Members who have read this thread: 42