CATAPULT FOR JET AIRCRAFT

Thread: CATAPULT FOR JET AIRCRAFT

CATAPULT FOR JET AIRCRAFT

I know I had this once upon a time ... and have it for prop planes. Thanks:salute:

Try TR's tutorial. It is complete with module and gauge. It also has instructions on how to update your FM to use it.
    Keep your airspeed up,

Jagdflieger

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...me=Jagdflieger

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty
    to purchase a little Temporary Safety,
    deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Benjamin Franklin

Thanks, Jagd! I'll take a gander at it:salute:

Try this

TR's tute only applies to prop planes using the Greenghost Gauge.

For jet aircraft you have to use the 'afterburner' function of CFS2. Download TR's A-4 Skyhawk....that's on page 10 of the SimV CFS2 New Files section.

It comes with full instructions on how to setup your jet aircraft for catapult takeoffs using the 'afterburner' function.

SOH-CM-2013
    Madison County, Iowa (3rd Corn Patch On The Left)

Question Hmmmmm....

Nole, that Simviation link LOOKS good, but actually connects ya to:

http://www.stocktradinglink.info/ini...90Ow%3D%3D&b=5

When one clicks on it !

A cut and paste, however, gets you to the A4 download...
    "...And, When I died, They washed me out of the turret with a hose..."

Quote Originally Posted by Nole View Post
    TR's tute only applies to prop planes using the Greenghost Gauge.

For jet aircraft you have to use the 'afterburner' function of CFS2. Download TR's A-4 Skyhawk here: http://www.simviation.com/simviation/download.php?ID=6523 That's on page 10 of the SimV CFS2 New Files section.

It comes with full instructions on how to setup your jet aircraft for catapult takeoffs using the 'afterburner' function.
    Thanks, Nole! That's the ticket (uses the same program as the Alpha F9F-2 Panther). I'd like to have someone find out WHAT and WHERE the key features are in either the AIRFILE or CFG FILE that control this. I see a need for this for ANY missions for POST-KOREA that involve carrier take-offs with heavy loads ... thinking F4's off Yankee Station with heavy packages for delivery "Up North"!

The Guy Who Knows

I can't help you there. I'm just a dummy floundering amidst genius, but why not just ask the guy who did the upload?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sc7500 View Post
    Nole, that Simviation link LOOKS good, but actually connects ya to: XXXXXXX

When one clicks on it !

A cut and paste, however, gets you to the A4 download...
    Thanks, SC. I have no idea what happened.

I ****

It's pretty straight forward. You can use the Afterburner/Reheat function of CFS2 to catapult any jet aircraft:

Note on 'CAT LAUNCH' feature - You must first set the shift-F4 keystroke to work. To
    this, follow these steps :

'Settings'
    'Controller Assignments'
    Scroll down to 'Reheat/Afterburner/on/off' and highlight it.
    'Change Assignment ...'
    You will be asked to enter the keystroke - hold the shift key and press F4.
    Click on 'OK'

You can also use this method to add a joystick button to do the same thing.

In the game, just start the engine, go to full throttle and then press shift-F4. The
    aircraft will get a big speed boost up to 150 knots. You will need to press shift-F4 again,
    otherwise when you land you will not be able to slow beyond 150kts.

Of course, the afterburner function must be enabled in the AIR file. To check this, open RECORD 1501 in the AIR file and if Afterburner= is not set to True, make it so.

It's pretty straight forward. You can use the Afterburner/Reheat function of CFS2 to catapult any jet aircraft:

Of course, the afterburner function must be enabled in the AIR file. To check this, open RECORD 1501 in the AIR file and if Afterburner= is not set to True, make it so.

That's what I was looking for .... but there has to be something else because just adding the 1501 section to the airfile and changing Afterburner to TRUE still does not let me launch the bird with the cat feature. However ... I just used the Alpha airfile (changing the name) and the cat feature works. When TR gets back from Nashville, I'll give him a shout. Meantime, Nole... thanks for that piece of the puzzle. I may be overlooking something really simple (would NOT be the first time that ever happened).

Appreciate it!

Bill

Lightbulb Of course not

Bill, since you aren't sharing which AIR file you are working on, it's hard for anyone to get into it. AIR files are complex. Here's another hint: check for entries 1521 and 1524. :salute:

Bill, since you aren't sharing which AIR file you are working on, it's hard for anyone to get into it. AIR files are complex. Here's another hint: check for entries 1521 and 1524. :salute:

WOW ... THANKS!!!!
    It was 1524!!! I looked at the non-working airfile (this was from an a/c in my hanger and I don't know who made it and don't know how to post the air file so you can see it). I compared it to the Alpha air file that works ... and THERE IT WAS!!!

The graph was just a complete flat line at the bottom ... the Alpha file graph had a "form" to it. So I just replaced the 1524 file and now that F4 goes off the front end like she's being chased be something nasty!!!

Thanks for the giudance. I now have a wee bit more knowledge about one aspect of air files. Can't build one yet ... but if the cat feature doesn't work on the next jet I try ... I now know where to start looking ... and what to look for!

Sure appreciate your bearing with me on this one!:salute: