Texan on cover of Computer Pilot magazine

Thread: Texan on cover of Computer Pilot magazine

Texan on cover of Computer Pilot magazine

While cleaning out some old flight sim bookmarks I discovered this:

Screenshots were also used in one of the articles, "I Learned About Flying From That, Part II."

You can download a pdf version of the issue for free.

http://www.computerpilot.com/

It's exciting to see your work on the cover of a magazine that's sold at local shops, but when you also discover there are no credits anywhere to be found in the issue, that excitment gets replaced with puzzlement. Oh well - I'm still putting a copy in my portfolio.

Blog Entries
    Just imagine what the editors would say if someone "borrowed" from their articles to make money.

BTW - Nice picture.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

We at SkyUnlimited have a good working relationship with PC Aviator, which is the company that publishes Computer Pilot, so it wasn't like they were trying to be tricky or trying to pull a fast one on us. I'm assuming it was a simple oversight on the part of people doing the layout. I can understand how such things happen. I once overlooked putting a credit in one of our promo videos simply because I was in a hurry. People making magazines are always in a hurry.

Because I can see the bump map effect in the texture of the plane I suspect they used the FSX version of the Texan model. Too bad the author of the article, "I Learned About Flying From That, Part II." didn't have a copy of our latest T-6G because it has the exact antenna that he referred to in his article.

Members who have read this thread: 0