Round & round the PacRim,like a teddy bear! aka "Is that Laos or Alaska down there?"

Thread: Round & round the PacRim,like a teddy bear! aka "Is that Laos or Alaska down there?"

Round & round the PacRim,like a teddy bear! aka "Is that Laos or Alaska down there?"

Well,I finally get to start! After disasters in testing,that included fuel tanks that ran dry & wouldn't transfer, unexplained loss of power whenever I got to 40,000 feet,and sim crashes before I even got to the first VOR,I finally completed leg 1:YPDN-WIIH
    The only hassles I had were the picture programme going AWOL for a bit,and som scenery problems on Final, which were caused by pausing the flight but led to a few minutes panic!
    So:
    total time so far:3;58;59
    bonus for indonesia: -30
    fuel used 16570 lbs(thats a lot!)

Well I hope it gets easier for you as you go! Cya at Edwards.
    -John-

Nice easy short run,WIHH-WSSS, apart from a bit of a mess up liing up to the runways, but I managed to stop in time(bless you,full reverse thrust!)
    Time this leg: 1;24;11
    total time: 5;23;10
    Fuel used this run: 6685 lbs
    total fuel to date; 23255 lbs
    Bonus fr Singapore:-30
    Total Bonus: -60
    1 night landing

Off on a short hop to Malaysia-WMKD- for the bonus & the 2nd night landing(I hope the airport is lit.I didnt check beforehand-Ooops!)

As it's the fifties,I get the feeling I should be dropping bombs and looking out for samll arms fire!

1st class landing if I do say so myself!!

Flight Time 00;35;52
    Total Time 05;59;02
    Flight Fuel 3060
    Total Fuel 26315
    This Bonus -30
    Total Bonus -90:Indonesia,Singapore,Malaysia

Things are startin' to look good here.....

Best of luck all the way to California!
    salt_air

Thanks for the encouragement guys.

Have now hit S Vietnam: WMKD- VVDN (Da Nang), lovely country, lots of Americans for some reason,and I cant get over the feling that I should be bombing this place as well, rather than flying over it!

Flight Time 02:03:16
    Total Time 08;02;18
    Flight Fuel 9942
    Total Fuel 36257
    This Bonus -30
    Total Bonus -120:Indonesia,Singapore,Malaysia,S Vietnam
    2 Night landings so far.

next stop: Hue

Some pics of the flight, 2 over the lowlands, with the Gulf of Tonkin (I think) behind me. Some good surfing down there I reckon, but "Charlie dont surf!"
    Then one of the Highlands in the North (Is that Laos over there,surely not Alaska!!) ,and then me on final with an oddly placed smoke .fx for some reason

OK,not off to Hue as thats still South,so off to Vinh! Should have gone via Cambodia(memo:****!)

Down at Vinh, although Duenna doesnt seem to know where I am!
    Missed the landing 1st time,and,unusually for me, I went around rather than try to fudge it(and thus ending up in an inevitable crash!)

Flight Time 00:45:44
    Total Time 08;48;02
    Flight Fuel 4547
    Total Fuel 40804
    This Bonus -30
    Total Bonus -150:Indonesia,Singapore,Malaysia,S Vietnam, N Vietnam
    2 Night landings so far.

FINALLY get round to completing another leg-darn real life,who needs it anyway!
    Vinh - Macau VMMC

Flight Time 1:22:07
    Total Time 10;10;09
    Flight Fuel 6366
    Total Fuel 47170
    This Bonus -30
    Total Bonus -180:Indonesia,Singapore,Malaysia,S Vietnam, N Vietnam, Macau
    2 Night landings so far.

And a quick hop to HK,decided against RW 13 but still came over the ridge of the southerly island,rather than up the valley, so a hairy turn onto final,coming low over the tower blocks!

Looks like I wont finish before the deadline(darn real life!) but I was waaaay down the list at checkpoint 2 anyway, so wasnt in witha chance, but I will try to finish it anyway at some point

Flight Time 0:11:39
    Total Time 10;21;48
    Flight Fuel 1004
    Total Fuel 48174
    This Bonus -30
    Total Bonus -210:Indonesia,Singapore,Malaysia,S Vietnam, N Vietnam, Macau, Hong Kong
    2 Night landings so far.

Members who have read this thread: 0