U-2 aircraft

Thread: U-2 aircraft

U-2 aircraft

Is there a U-2 for FSX? I sure would love to fly the U-2 to the edge of space. I have looked
    but have not see any so far.

U-2s....

I agree with you that a few well-done variants of the U2 for FSX would be awesome. Sadly, the rather old Alphasim U-2S is about the best external model out there to date (although the cockpit is not compatible with FSX).

I keep hoping someone will do a high quality U-2C and U-2S.

Keep your fingers crossed!

Kent

I know area51 sim is making a U2S dragonlady, check there site, I have no idea of any release date though !

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by peter12213 View Post
    I know area51 sim is making a U2S dragonlady, check there site, I have no idea of any release date though !
    They say it should be out 'soon'; looking forward to seeing more of it!
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    I have a ported fs9 model, not the best but better than nothing. Can't remember where I got it though. It might have been Ito-San's.

Oooooooh......that Area 51 U-2 looks good...

....Hopefully we can at a minimum get the following:

- U-2S without superpods or Senior Span
    - U-2S with superpods (No Senior Span)
    - U-2S with superpods AND Senior Span
    - U-2ST trainer (no Senior Span or Super Pods)
    - NASA ER-2 with and without superpods (No Senior Span)

Then we can really do some good flying up at 75,000 feet!!!!!

Kent

P.S. Then if we could get a great T-38, we'd be able to sim all 9th SRW manned ops

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Pentium D 925 3.0Ghz dual core800 MHz FSB, (HP)MB Livermore-GL6, 2GB RAM PC2 4200 DDR 2 533 Mhz, ATI Radeon HD OC 4890 1GB GDDR5, Turbo-Cool 510 ps, Vista SP2 Home 32 bit, MS Sidewinder FF2, REX 2.0

Charter Member 2015
    Dragonlady should be available very soon..

Tuesday, July 13, 2010, 05:43 AM
    Posted by Administrator
    Dear Community,

We are making the final fixes for the U-2S. I went to Turkey for 1 week and we discussed many things with my brother about our projects. He showed me the new pictures of U-2S cockpit and it's really cool. Why we look slow because we are checking, checking, checking and adding new things, because we want it to be good. Here is our release list:

1- U-2S
    2- UH-1Y
    3- C-5M Pro
    4- C-17

Best Regards,

Engin

http://area51sim.com/blog/index.php
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by b52bob View Post
    I have a ported fs9 model, not the best but better than nothing. Can't remember where I got it though. It might have been Ito-San's.
    That's indeed Ito-san's "A" model. Being part of that project was the most rewarding thing I think I've ever done in FS. He did a great job. I'm glad it ports over to FSX - I'm still learning what FSX will be all about, but that will likely be one of my first portover attempts.

cheers,

dl

Charter Member 09
    I was kinda hoping that you would be doing a U-2 and not the remanufactured one. There was a Dragon Lady then, as well as the Smokey Joe and the Pickle Barrel. I could have given you the Bubble Sextant, the V/H unit and the Drift Sight which took up most of the panel. This was in the days when moving maps weren't invented. The guy had to do his own navigating.
    Would you like to ride in my big green tractor?.

- U-2S without superpods or Senior Span
    - U-2S with superpods (No Senior Span)
    - U-2S with superpods AND Senior Span
    - U-2ST trainer (no Senior Span or Super Pods)
    - NASA ER-2 with and without superpods (No Senior Span)
    What? No travel Pods?!
    I got a U-2 A/C on my "list" Been slowly picking up bits and pieces of ref's.
    But like everything else on my "list", as to "when?"... .."who knows".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tim Piglet Conrad
    Piglet's Peculiar Planes
    "Ahhh... the freedom of freeware!"
    First Rule of Aviation:
    Don't piss off your mechanic.

No kiddin Tim....

I think I've actually seen the NASA ER-2 with one!

Kent

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Piglet View Post
    What? No travel Pods?!
    I got a U-2 A/C on my "list" Been slowly picking up bits and pieces of ref's.
    But like everything else on my "list", as to "when?"... .."who knows".

Have all my refs from the FS9 project a few years - just let me know what you need. Like HD said, I have a real soft soft spot for the A/B models, but even a new S model would be great. Saw these at the EDW Open House a few years back - wonderful birds.

dl

Attachment 13354Attachment 13353Attachment 13352Attachment 13355
    And do not forget the freeware version from Alphasim, took her up to 65,000 feet today

Charter Member 09
    Attachment 13369Attachment 13368There was a good forty years betwen the U-2A flights and the U-2 S. They were completely different airplanes with completely different missions. I was Program Manager at Airborne Optical of Baird Atomic. and was in charge of the Driftsight which is the large round aperture at the top of the instrument panel. My friend, Laurie Sabine was Program Manager of the Bubble Sextant. Not much has come out of this since it was clouded with secrecy. Amazing though, Hawk Models, came out with a U-2 that the instument panel was an exact copy. Naturally we could not say anything.
    But it was in a day when there was no GPS, no Astronaught uniforms, no reliable AFC, no carbon fiber. Those guys were really heroes. The surprising thing was that the majority of them were in their Fifties. They would sleep with their helmet face plate resting on the joystick. Any deviation from the flight path would wake them up.
    Here's some pictures of the Driftsight - V/H unit and the panel itself.
    Would you like to ride in my big green tractor?.

Thanks very much Helldiver.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Pentium D 925 3.0Ghz dual core800 MHz FSB, (HP)MB Livermore-GL6, 2GB RAM PC2 4200 DDR 2 533 Mhz, ATI Radeon HD OC 4890 1GB GDDR5, Turbo-Cool 510 ps, Vista SP2 Home 32 bit, MS Sidewinder FF2, REX 2.0

Members who have read this thread: 2