Coming to grips with the Camel

Thread: Coming to grips with the Camel

Coming to grips with the Camel

I love this sim! Still learning the nuances of the Camel but figured I'd share some of my early attempts (at landing!)
    Live to fly, fly to live. Do or die, ACES HIGH!

CPL(A), Single Pilot Multi-Engine Instrument Rating, tail-wheel, aerobatic, formation
    Category A Flight Instructor with night, aerobatics, spinning, terrain awareness and basic mountain flying endorsements
    General Aviation Flight Examiner
    Chief Flying Instructor for Auckland Aero Club

LOL Landing? I am still trying to take off. About a 1 in 3 success ratio.
    One or the other wing dips right after I rotate and boom (My plane has been criticlly damaged).
    The Camel and DR1 are the worst for that at least with me.

gajit
    Great shots!! :salute:

Rudder is the key, esp in the Dr.1, bit of bank in and use rudder to turn it so you don't need as much elevator. Spinning is fun!

*EDIT Unless you are in combat lol then rudder turns aren't up to it

CPL(A), Single Pilot Multi-Engine Instrument Rating, tail-wheel, aerobatic, formation
    Category A Flight Instructor with night, aerobatics, spinning, terrain awareness and basic mountain flying endorsements

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Got the Camel last night together with the Dr.1, D.VIIF and the SE.5a; seems like a very maneuvrable aircraft but during my first fight my engine died (Think I overstressed it) and I had to make an emergency landing. Ended up upside down..

Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Lol I'm not brave enough to turn off the RPM limiter yet, but IIRC it cuts in at 1500 RPM so there's about your maximum I guess!

Man this game looks sweet!

Oh it is Panther!

Members who have read this thread: 0