F7F Tigercat SOH Project - Page 5
Page 5 of 63 FirstFirst 123456789101112131555 ... LastLast

Thread: F7F Tigercat SOH Project

Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post
    Don't forget an external tank for us racers!

Looking great as always!!
    Not a problem Willey ... will definitely take care of the RTW racers.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

That is cool beyond words, Milton! :salute::salute::salute:

AWESOME! Looking great! Can't wait!
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

.....I have a feeling this cool kitty will be replacing my default Cessna 172
    ..."He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose" -Jim Elliot

SOH Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post
    Don't forget an external tank for us racers!

Looking great as always!!
    my thoughts exactly!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    ...and just the reply I wanted to hear

I used the ALPHA F7F-3N for two legs of this year's RTWR.
    I look forward to using the SOH F7F next year

it is truly amazing to watch the incredible progress.
    I am in awe of your talents
    many thanks for sharing your progress

and to top it off,
    I see Washington scenery.
    my back yard!
    sometimes the magic works.
    sometimes it doesn't.

Wow, I am amazed... impressive work, Milton! I wish I had the talent and the patience to run those modeling programs.

WH
    With the wisdom of an owl, the courage of a eagle and the grace of a hawk,
    May you fly through the heavens and always land clear. — Unknown
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Thanks Milton! Super project going here. And can we over-boost it forever like the P-.....oh never mind. :d
    -John-

LOL Thanks everyone.

Well this shot fairly represents my weekend accomplishments: exhaust ports over the wings, oil coolers, canopy, entry ladder, and landing light. Lots of fuselage reshaping and vertice pushing for the canopy but the end result continues to improve. And so it continues to evolve, one day at a time.

Tom has made headway on the flight model as well between flights around SE Asia.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Milton The Master

As always sir, your skills with the electronic dremel tool are truly amazing. It's always a kick to come by and see your progress every day.

Regards, Rob:ernae:
    "I do not know with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein

"He who can lead you to believe an absurdity can lead you to commit an atrocity." - Voltaire

Interesting photo from MCAS EL TORO in 1948

Came across this photo while doing research for another project. It's a photo of the MCAS El Toro flightline during their open house in 1948. In the foreground is an R5D, with F7F's lined up on the flightline and TO-1's parked on the taxiway.

Neat, all of the pics of F7F's with drop tanks I have seen were of the -3N. Of course I just googled F7F...

WH
    With the wisdom of an owl, the courage of a eagle and the grace of a hawk,
    May you fly through the heavens and always land clear. — Unknown
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

lookin good Milton, definitly can't wait for this "purty kitty" to come out :ernae::salute:

I sent Milton the first Alpha-Alpha flight model. A long ways to go! With 5600 (WEP) hp available some pretty good verticle aerobatic possibilities exist. With some gray "paint" it shows up in FSX an I am doing some of the flight test in the backwater areas of the Solomon Islands.

Cheers: T

Quote Originally Posted by fliger747 View Post
    I sent Milton the first Alpha-Alpha flight model. A long ways to go! With 5600 (WEP) hp available some pretty good verticle aerobatic possibilities exist. With some gray "paint" it shows up in FSX an I am doing some of the flight test in the backwater areas of the Solomon Islands.

Tom, in my limited time, I did fly the pattern and generally it flies beautifully and the approach and landing was smooth as silk. I am loving it so far my friend.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

members+
    Fighter Fanatic
    We've got some of the top people working on this... Imagine A-26, and what a slam-success that was. Now, picture a new, improved, and refreshed attitude on another SOH project, and one of the coolest twin engine aircraft ever produced... Yes... :d :d :d :d That's what I'm thinkin'...

Honestly, I can not wait to be floating down my downwind leg at my home airport, looking down from 1,000 virtual feet AGL across and over that gorgeously modeled wing and engine nacelle, and just hearing those engines purring me safely back to my final and touchdown. It's gonna be a hit, guys. :ernae:
    Taildragger Pilot

Keep on Flyin'

Ryzen 5 2600
    RX 580 8GB DDR5 OC Armor
    8 GB DDR4 2400
    Dedicated SSD for Win10
    Dedicated SSD for FSX:SE

Quote Originally Posted by PilatusTurbo View Post
    We've got some of the top people working on this... Imagine A-26, and what a slam-success that was. Now, picture a new, improved, and refreshed attitude on another SOH project, and one of the coolest twin engine aircraft ever produced... Yes... :d :d :d :d That's what I'm thinkin'...
    My thoughts exactly. I hope the textures are as good as the model is looking!

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PilatusTurbo View Post

Honestly, I can not wait to be floating down my downwind leg at my home airport, looking down from 1,000 virtual feet AGL across and over that gorgeously modeled wing and engine nacelle, and just hearing those engines purring me safely back to my final and touchdown. It's gonna be a hit, guys. :ernae:
    STOP IT! I CAN"T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!! SOMEONE SPEED UP THE CLOCK!

Well, thanks y'all

Spent all last night trying to get these wing inlets cut in and smoothed out, a very tedious process for your basic modeler. Close enough for now and will look better on the textured version with lower specular rates.

This test flight took me from Almagordo, NM over Las Cruces to El Paso, TX. Ran out of fuel 2 miles from airport and crashed ... now, gotta start all over.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

SOH-CM-2020
    Milton , that looks absolutely stunning

I think you deserve a few of these ...........

Pete.

members+
    Fighter Fanatic
    I believe I'm going to need an aircraft insurance policy on this one.... Preferably one with not too high a premium, and that will cover engine damage on those old and expensive radials... She's gonna get flown, and she's gonna get flown hard with those vertical aerobatic maneuvers that require a lotta MP, as someone mentioned earlier... :d :d

I just can't wait. Either version; old rudder, newer rudder, doesn't matter. It's gonna be such a hit and a huge success. Keep the steam on, Milton. You're working on something that many will enjoy greatly, and you're doing it for fun. If only I knew your joy of being able to construct something so masterfully, and knowing that hundreds if not thousands are going to enjoy the fruits of my labor... I respectfully envy you, good sir. :ernae:
    Taildragger Pilot

Keep on Flyin'

Ryzen 5 2600
    RX 580 8GB DDR5 OC Armor
    8 GB DDR4 2400
    Dedicated SSD for Win10
    Dedicated SSD for FSX:SE

Awesome work Milton, looking good!

Ummm: It does do a mach tuck if you go to fast in a dive from altitude, an unrecoverable one as the elevators freeze.......

From a high attitude stall, which can go into a tailslide,goes into an unrecoverable flat spin.....

Won't say how I know this......

Not quite perfect yet....

Milton....WOW ! No, once is not enough. WOW !!!

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

impressive..!! have you attempted the carrier trails yet..haha

rgds
    t creed

Members who have read this thread: 47