Now available: Super Constellation Upgrade and working Radar system for Warning Star

Thread: Now available: Super Constellation Upgrade and working Radar system for Warning Star

Now available: Super Constellation Upgrade and working Radar system for Warning Star

Hi all,

we have just uploaded a FDE upgrade for the L-1049G/H Super Constellation, originally released by Manfred Jahn and Team 1049 about a year ago. It is now available from Flightsim.Com.

Changes included in the FDE upgrade:

- New manifold pressure model:
    • Ram air effect
    • Air intake heat
    • New supercharger effect
    • Revised supercharger lever settings

- New manifold pressure gauge faces with matching power limits for EA-3 series engines, FE gauge faces with blue arc showing 10% lean mixture limits.

- Working fuel crossfeed system

- New anti-ice fluid level gauge and system

- New hydraulic system:
    • 2 separate hydraulic circuits and crossover switch
    • Hydraulic pumps pressure warning lights
    • Emergency brake system

- New electric system:
    • Modified DC voltmeter
    • Modified AC voltmeter
    • New DC voltmeter selector switch
    • New load transfer switch

- Modified radio stack with second ADF receiver

- Modified RMI with second ADF needle

- Modified FE IAS gauge

- Vacuum gauge on main panel

- Elimination of fuel low level warning lights and OxyFlow gauge.

- Grey replacement textures for 2D panel and VC

- Three new wing views (Ctrl+Shift+2, 4 and 6)

- New fuel dump system with more realistic fuel dump rates (optional, available for FS9 only)

- Orientation of emergency shutoff levers corrected (as part of the optional fuel dump system)

- Revised automatic engine start for more realistic start sequence (optional, available for FS9 only)

- additional trim gauge for the main panel.

Comprehensive documentation is available in the upgrade pack. The trim gauge is a last-minute addition that didn't make it into the documentation - you get a yellow trim bug, just like in the VC, and a hotspot for take-off trim settings.

For those who like to fiddle with the aircraft folders: All engine-specific code is now located in the panel folder. You can have installations with the 3'250 hp DA-3 and the 3'400 hp EA-3 engine in the same aircraft.cfg file.

Also available is an upgrade for the Lockheed EC-121 " Warning Star" Airborne Early Warning (AEW) aircraft.

This upgrade adds a working radar system to the AEW aircraft. This radar is able to detect AI traffic in real-time as well as taking bearings and distance measurements of individual contacts. Terrain is displayed as well, maximum range is 240 nm. Traffic is detected to some 80 nm, which seems to be a FS limit. While not tested yet, it should also be able to detect multiplayer aircraft.

Best regards,
    Team 1049: Volker Böhme, Luis Pallas, Bill Tyne and Stefan Werner

Thanks Voelker.

The package is up at Flightsim.com now.
    Keep your airspeed up,

Jagdflieger

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...me=Jagdflieger

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty
    to purchase a little Temporary Safety,
    deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Volker Böhme View Post
    This upgrade adds a working radar system to the AEW aircraft. This radar is able to detect AI traffic in real-time as well as taking bearings and distance measurements of individual contacts. Terrain is displayed as well, maximum range is 240 nm. Traffic is detected to some 80 nm, which seems to be a FS limit. While not tested yet, it should also be able to detect multiplayer aircraft.
    Hmm, that a 'stand alone' upgrade ? VERY interesting... will take a looksie.
    "May fortune favor the foolish"
    MaddogK

To the team,

Thanks for the continued support of the "Warning Star" :salute:

Very much appreciated.

Tommy
    Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 16 Gigs Ram
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    Intel Core i7-860 Lynnfield Quad-Core 2.8 GHz LGA 1156
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB 128-Bit GDDR5
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    CORSAIR K95 RGB Platnum XT, PBT double-shot keycaps, Cherry MX Blue
    Logitech M510

I feel my jaw drop.....! I'm off to try it out. Thanks so much!!

"FlightSim.Com is currently undergoing some upgrades and at the present time logins are unavailable. This means that features that require you to login (i.e., downloading files) cannot currently be accessed. In the meantime, you can continue to read articles, news, etc. as listed on our home page.
    The Staff at FlightSim.Com"

Bugger!!!

And a PS: Thanks Voelker.:ernae:
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

It's awesome to see an already perfect aircraft getting better and better!
    Great job there!

If I only had the time to fly this grace on appropriate legs...

Cheers,
    Markus.
    Captain Wild Bill Kelso: War nerves? Who said war nerves?
    The Patron: I heard it on that radio there.
    [Kelso shoots the radio]
    Captain Wild Bill Kelso: Radio's wrong.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hi,

You'll need to install the original release version by Manfred Jahn, dated 2009. Filename WV-2_1, I think. You'll also need to download the airliner's FDE upgrade or you'll misse some files. Details are in the readme file. The upgrade adds a full-size window with radar gauge to the panel.

Radar range can be selected and it seems like the maximum range that AI can be detected depends on the capacity of the computer you run FS on. Some users get up to 120 nm.

Screenshots can be found here:
    http://calclassic.proboards.com/inde...ay&thread=2527

Best regards,
    Volker

WOW !!! AWESOME looking scope, wonder if that baby works as well with 'online' player traffic.
    "May fortune favor the foolish"
    MaddogK

Hi,

just give it a try. We havent't tested it yet, but it might well work. Tell us your results!

Best regards,

Volker

Thumbs up Corrupt Zip files..? FlightSim.Com

I download the suggested zip files, twice now and find that they are corrupt and will not open.
    I checked against some previous zip files on my PC and all worked as expected.

Has anyone else run into this..?

Thanks,
    tc

That might mean you are trying to use a download manager - many of these don't work any more with their new system...

Thumbs up Flightsim.Com - Looks to be a problem that started today - other users are seeing it

Members who have read this thread: 1