Accusim P-47 is 13 Gigabytes?

Thread: Accusim P-47 is 13 Gigabytes?

Exclamation Accusim P-47 is 13 Gigabytes?

Hi, I'm trying to gain a little HDD space, and in Control Panel, it shows that the Jug with Accusim is using 13 gigabytes! That's got to be wrong, right?

I posted here instead of the A2A forum because lot's more traffic here, and I figured someone would know.

For those who have this package, could you please check your installation, and let me know what you find?

edit:

And I just scrolled down a bit, each entry for FSGenisis come in at 22 Gigs, and Tongass Fjiords is around 28 Gigs!??

Something must be messed up, right?

Check the properties of your FSX folder and you'll see that they most certainly do not take up that much space!

Blog Entries
    That's quite virus(worm) ya got there buddy. Or your drive is going bad. My FSX which is the original I put in over two years ago is only 65GB with Accel, over 65 aircraft, tons of freeware scenery, and I have all the Accusim A2A Aircraft included in the number. I don't have GEX or REX. Yes, the numbers are wayyyyyy too high
    Ted
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by txnetcop View Post
    That's quite virus(worm) ya got there buddy. Or your drive is going bad. My FSX which is the original I put in over two years ago is only 65GB with Accel, over 65 aircraft, tons of freeware scenery, and I have all the Accusim A2A Aircraft included in the number. I don't have GEX or REX. Yes, the numbers are wayyyyyy too high
    Ted
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">
    Worm!? Virus!!?? Are you serious? I scan about once a week (AVG), and it has never found anything serious (just tracking cookies, etc.).

Whole install of FSX comes in at around 30 Gigs. What should I do?

The size values in control panel are often incorrect, especially for addons or patches for existing software. They can show values for whole program or some other weird data. I never cared much about it, the actual file size on HDD is the thing that matters.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by some1 View Post
    The size values in control panel are often incorrect, especially for addons or patches for existing software. They can show values for whole program or some other weird data. I never cared much about it, the actual file size on HDD is the thing that matters.
    ^This^.

Don't worry about a virus or worm, I've seen wildly varying values in control panel from time to time.
    Swa se ðeodkyning þeawum lyfde

Quote Originally Posted by some1 View Post
    the actual file size on HDD is the thing that matters.
    Hmm, how would I go about finding that out? Sorry if these are dumb questions, but this has got me all in a "tizzy"!

Blog Entries
    I disagree with most of the above but they could be right in some instances. You have software that comes with your hard drive use it to check you drive and it's values. If you bought an OEM and you know your hard drive type and model you can get the software off the mfg site.

If you are using freeware AVG you are not 100% exempt from getting a virus.
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by tracyq144 View Post
    Hmm, how would I go about finding that out? Sorry if these are dumb questions, but this has got me all in a "tizzy"!
    Navigate to your main FSX folder, right click on it, and select "properties". It will show you two values, the size, and the size on disk.
    Swa se ðeodkyning þeawum lyfde

Just launch an error check on your hardrive.
    My computer -> right click on disk -> properties -> Tools -> Error Checking.
    Sometimes there are small problems within the file system that can lead to big errors later on. Let the error check finish (will take a while), and try again.

This happened all the time on my old laptop and I never had any viruses...

That reminds me I must reinstall this wonderfull aircraft tonight! Wonder what your problem is, if you ever find out please let us know what was causing it!

Here's another Idea, go to the P-47 aircraft folder, right click, select properties and it'll tell you how large it is. I don't have any aircraft that are accu-sim'ed, but if that's a separate folder you can check that too.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Here's another Idea, go to the P-47 aircraft folder, right click, select properties and it'll tell you how large it is. I don't have any aircraft that are accu-sim'ed, but if that's a separate folder you can check that too.
    Its not a separate folder for accusim but like all A2A stuff there is a separte folder for the manual and other backup kind of stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by peter12213 View Post
    Its not a separate folder for accusim but like all A2A stuff there is a separte folder for the manual and other backup kind of stuff!
    Rog, I just wouldn't be goin' too crazy because of what the control panel showed, just check the actual folder and then go flying!!:salute:
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Rog, I just wouldn't be goin' too crazy because of what the control panel showed, just check the actual folder and then go flying!!:salute:
    Yeah mate agreed, just check the main folder using the properties tab, thats all I can suggest too!

The control panel often shows the entire disk cost under the latest FSX add on as in as in the warbirdsim P-51-B is over 20 gigs on my system while FSX it self is showing nothing. Don't think thats right. LOL! Like the other folks said you will have to do a folder by folder check to get an accurate size.

MCDesigns
    Mine does that all the time, especially with FS payware addons, did it on my last rig also. The aerosoft beaver and Dillingham are showing 23 gigs each at the moment, LOL.

My beaver is 13GB
    Twin Otter 33GB
    Piper Cheyenne 48GB
    Saratoga 55GB

Like others have said, I think Control Panel just sticks in the total size of your FSX folder whenever you install a new addon rather than the actual amount of data that particular addon uses.

Members who have read this thread: 0