The Supebug HAS been released! - Page 4
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: The Supebug HAS been released!

wow...so I was able to finally register.

downloaded the installation files, went to install...and I get trojans?

what in the world!?!?!

On Another Planet
    For anyone who was having problems running the ACM like I was, uninstall the ACM and delete any files left over from it. Redownload the file from the support page and try it again. This worked for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click my sig for my Flickr

Still not able to fly. But alas, the support forum is definately down and a bug fix is apparently on the way based on the flash update on the home page.

Followed the instructions to the letter but still can't get any control surface to function.

When launching the ACM:
    Error: An error was encountered while trying to load one or more files
    Error: InvalidArgument=Value if '0' is not valid for 'SelectedIndex'. parameter name: SelectedIndex
    Restore setting from the original backup files(s)? All settings will be restored to factory defaults
    Error(s) detected: Controllers not yet initialized. Please run the Superbug once in order to build the control file.
    Then close it, open ACM again.
    Pass go, collect $200, on Tuesdays, in a leap year.

Even the complex ConcordX was easier then this. Oh well, I'll wait till the forums come back on line.

Quote Originally Posted by dougal95 View Post
    I really dislike this sort of addon where you don't actually get a 'real' download. It's what PSS did with their aircraft, and look where they ended up. I don't think this thing will have actually put the installation file ANYWHERE on my PC.
    This means no support from me, no matter how good the add-on is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Drool....

Diego

edit: has anyone else noticed there are no animations like the FS9 version? no ladder, radome doesn't open, etc.

adiemus

The forums are back up

The VRS Support Forums are back up.

I recommend going over there for support, however, to address a couple things from this thread quickly:

- Animations: Unfortunately in FSX, you need to first disable Key Command Mode (Ctrl-Shift-M) for the Shift-E-2, Shift-E-3, Shift-E-4 animations to work. The canopy always works, but the radome, ladder, avionics panels won't unless you're not in KCM. Just remember to toggle KCM back on when you're done.

- Full download:. Actually, a full download is available. By default, a small downloader is provided not to try to hide it from people, but because the customer portal they use limits the size of files that can be downloaded. This small installer downloads the full installer into SimObjects/Aircraft/VRS_FA-18E/ACM/Update.exe. You can copy this file anywhere you like. (This is indeed part of the recommended way to get the aircraft installed on a system with no internet connection, which is also supported) And actually, on the forums currently, a direct link to the full installer is currently also provided, as they try to work out some of the initial release bugs.

- Trojan warnings: False positives due to gauge piracy protection. See: http://vrsimulations.com/forums/phpB...hp?f=24&t=2596

tigisfat
    Whoa, I'm almost glad I have to wait a few weeks for it. This still looks awesome, and I'm still going to get it after a few kinks are worked out.

Attachment 4335Just as an FYI, my registration problem was solved with an email response from support this morning.

I wasn't really expecting a response yet, I thought they would be fully occupied moving the support forums to the new server, so this came as a pleasant surprise.

Ctrl-E works ...
    Attachment 4339

tigisfat
    Quote Originally Posted by trisager View Post
    Just as an FYI, my registration problem was solved with an email response from support this morning.

I wasn't really expecting a response yet, I thought they would be fully occupied moving the support forums to the new server, so this came as a pleasant surprise.

Ctrl-E works ...

Attachment 4335
    lol, I just had to say something about the sweet screenshot. It's awesome by itself, but when you notice that blue angel number 6 has live missiles loaded and only one afterburner, you know it's special.

Quote Originally Posted by tigisfat View Post
    lol, I just had to say something about the sweet screenshot. It's awesome by itself, but when you notice that blue angel number 6 has live missiles loaded and only one afterburner, you know it's special.
    Aaargh, that was pretty dumb. I've updated the image - thanks.
    Tom

Grrrr..... This is sooooo frustrating....

Seems that although the support forum is indeed up and running, it's not possible to register. Lets you get all the way through filling in your details, but then fails to show the graphic that represents the code in order to stop spammers.

Can someone please post there and tell them?

Thanks

EDIT: I see they've now closed the the site to new purchases. That one gets 10/10 in my book - to stop taking money til it's sorted. Not many publishers do that. Respect!
    If you know the avatar, you know the man!
    M/B: Asus Z170 Deluxe - CPU: i7 6700k - RAM: 16Gb Corsair DDR4 3200mhz - Vid: Asus GTX970
    Windows 10 (x64) on M.2 SSD - FS Software on: Sata SSD

I've posted on your behalf on the support forum.

EDIT: I see they've now closed the the site to new purchases. That one gets 10/10 in my book - to stop taking money til it's sorted. Not many publishers do that. Respect!
    I noticed this yesterday evening (central european time). I have no previous experience with VRS, but clearly they are a class act.

Tom

Grrrr..... This is sooooo frustrating....

Seems that although the support forum is indeed up and running, it's not possible to register. Lets you get all the way through filling in your details, but then fails to show the graphic that represents the code in order to stop spammers.

Can someone please post there and tell them?

Thanks

Same here, still getting crashes and unable to register.

I really dislike this sort of addon where you don't actually get a 'real' download.
    Can you explain what this means?

What do you get with the download?

I would think you get an .exe file that install the aircraft to wherever you direct it.......

I would think it would have to install the plane to the aircraft folder in simobjects, as well as the gauges and effects files in their respective locations.....

I really would like to get this one but will wait until issues are sorted and see what sort of frame rates one gets on a system like mine (Dell XPS 710, dual core e6600 @2.4gHz w/3gig RAM and nVidia 256 MB 7900GS). I can run the IRIS F-16D w/no problems but I think it would revert to a slide show with the AS F-16 (and others here have said that the VRS Superbug is comparable to the AS F-16 in frame rates).

-G-
    Visit my website www.scale-aviation.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lateral-G View Post
    Can you explain what this means?

What do you get with the download?

I would think you get an .exe file that install the aircraft to wherever you direct it.......

I would think it would have to install the plane to the aircraft folder in simobjects, as well as the gauges and effects files in their respective locations.....

I really would like to get this one but will wait until issues are sorted and see what sort of frame rates one gets on a system like mine (Dell XPS 710, dual core e6600 @2.4gHz w/3gig RAM and nVidia 256 MB 7900GS). I can run the IRIS F-16D w/no problems but I think it would revert to a slide show with the AS F-16 (and others here have said that the VRS Superbug is comparable to the AS F-16 in frame rates).

-G-
    No, I was wrong on this. The exe file does get downloaded, just not where you would expect. I also understand that it's been changed so you can actually download just the exe file instead of the downloader package.

I so wish I could get registered and get some help - I REALLY wanna fly this bird
    M/B: Asus Z170 Deluxe - CPU: i7 6700k - RAM: 16Gb Corsair DDR4 3200mhz - Vid: Asus GTX970

Please, PLEASE !

Anyone who is registered on the VRS support forums, tell them it's NOT POSSIBLE to register there for help; That the security field is not showing the graphic. Maybe it's from switching servers?

Many Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lateral-G View Post
    On my system I see framerates about the same as with the PMDG JS-4100.
    Tom

Blog Entries
    Do VRS limit you on the number of times that you can re-install this aircraft? I ask this because I like to do a clean re-install of my operating system, FSX & all my add-ons a couple of times a year just to keep everything “fresh” so if you are limited to the number of installs you can do that’s a definite no-no at this price for me.
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
    Regards,
    Ian.

can some one tell if there is a paint kit for this thing?

Please, PLEASE !

Anyone who is registered on the VRS support forums, tell them it's NOT POSSIBLE to register there for help; That the security field is not showing the graphic. Maybe it's from switching servers?

Many Thanks
    We're working on it now, thanks for the heads-up.

Okay thanks, now just awaiting reply from server to activate.

Quote Originally Posted by trisager View Post
    On my system I see framerates about the same as with the PMDG JS-4100.
    Tom
    Unfortunately that doesn't tell me much. I don't have any PMDG aircraft. And from what I've heard they are frame rate hogs.......

-G-
    Visit my website www.scale-aviation.com

Quote Originally Posted by Varmint View Post
    We're working on it now, thanks for the heads-up.
    What timezone you in? I'm UK and just wondering if I might get onto the forum before bedtime

tigisfat
    Quote Originally Posted by IanHenry View Post
    Do VRS limit you on the number of times that you can re-install this aircraft? I ask this because I like to do a clean re-install of my operating system, FSX & all my add-ons a couple of times a year just to keep everything “fresh” so if you are limited to the number of installs you can do that’s a definite no-no at this price for me.
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
    Regards,
    Ian.
    I believe so. I was reading the instructions and it said that your key is only good for a handful of installs before it's no good.

Members who have read this thread: 0