Has everyone heard the good news from Jesus Altuve?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has everyone heard the good news from Jesus Altuve?

6297J

Has everyone heard the good news from Jesus Altuve?

http://forums.flightsimlabs.com/inde...e-fix-utility/

and here

http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index....0&#entry220488

I'm a natural skeptic and to be honest I have no real complaints about how my FSX runs but the more adventurous among you might like to give this a try!
    If it works then thankyou er, Mr Altuve

Yes I read through it this lunch time and it seems interesting. Evidently in it's basic form it makes FsX use the GPU as much as the CPU but the details take some understanding.

I believe this earlier thread points to the same tweak http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ad.php?t=34446
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Blog Entries
    welllllll, lets give it a try and see what happens.. not that i ever have any problems with textures other than slow loading sometimes, but, what the hell.. ..

6297J
    Sorry, I've just seen the other thread - http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ad.php?t=34446

I wasn't aware that texture loading could be a problem with FSX either and I've certainly never experienced it so I will hold off until somebody can convince me that Jesus's tweak makes a big difference to my life in other ways.

Charter Member 2015
    I just did a double take when I spotted this thread earlier from the forums homepage.....

Childish, I know....but it made me smile a little bit. No offence intended 6297J!!!
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

6297J
    None taken

Did you think I'd had a 'Road to Damascus' overnight?

I'm sure the post has already been reported but it's not my fault the guy is called Jesus!

Anyway - as I said previously, there is already a running thread about the 'fix' and I am really very curious to see if it makes a big difference to those having texture problems. I just don't think I'm one of them.

gajit
    Im not using no Witchcraft on my FSX

@ Kilo Delta,Thanks for a good laugh!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Patrick

Blog Entries
    OK, i'm slow. took me a while to put "Jesus" and "good news" together.. I'm a Buddhist.. heh.. ANYWAY.. I just tried it.. External chase plane view is definately more stable now with less momentary freezes, textures load in quite a bit faster and the sim over all does seem to run smoother.. it's going to be a great aid to me in my work. of that i'm positive.. He did a great job.. i would warn though that it worked well on "MY" machine.. everyones machines are different. make backups before you use it and you should be pleasantly surprised..

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Darn these tweeks have my FSX running smooth no stutter and no texture loss in the VC or skeleton.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 6297J View Post
    None taken

Did you think I'd had a 'Road to Damascus' overnight?

I'm sure the post has already been reported but it's not my fault the guy is called Jesus!

Anyway - as I said previously, there is already a running thread about the 'fix' and I am really very curious to see if it makes a big difference to those having texture problems. I just don't think I'm one of them.
    NO I didn't but that's funny anyway!!! That does look interesting
    Ted
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Hopefully a quick question

The fsx.cfg file is located where? in a Vista 64 OS

Thanks for the heads up on this :salute:

Got it!!!

I actually have suffered from some of the problems this tweak is supposed to fix, so I'll be very interested to see how they work. Sadly (or happily), the disappearing parts/textures problem is intermittent for me, so it'll be a while before I can pronounce my system cured. Still, in early testing, things are looking up.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by doublecool View Post
    Hopefully a quick question

The fsx.cfg file is located where? in a Vista 64 OS

Thanks for the heads up on this :salute:
    C:\users\(user name)\app data\roaming\microsoft\fsx

"It also allows the rebuilding of the FSX Shader cache folders which enables the
    fix to 'take' inside FSX."

Do I do anything here or is this automatically done? ya thats me gettin the old thump

Ken Stallings
    I performed this tweak and really liked the results. The textures appear far more fluid and without any drop in frames. In fact, the frames appeared somewhat better. I flew the Realair Beech Duke over Las Vegas, NV. So, I gave it a prety good workout and was positively impressed.

Ken

"It also allows the rebuilding of the FSX Shader cache folders which enables the

Do I do anything here or is this automatically done? ya thats me gettin the old thump
    It does all the Edits for you.Pretty niffty piece of work Mr. Jesus Altuve, Is anyone using The FPS Limiter with this? I notice the Edit caps the cfg.file@30.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Patrick

It´s a real breakthough, really smooth in the PNW. I ´m using the FPS Limiter.

My hardware and performance some fsx.cfg settings:
    Core i5 750 @ 4.0 Ghz, 4GB DDR3 2000Mhz, Caviar Black WD1002FAEX, Radeon 4850 512mb (I know, it´s a weak link)

Code:
    [Bufferpools]
    UsePools=1
    Poolsize=500000

[GRAPHICS]
    HIGHMEMFIX=1
    STALE_BUFFER_THRESHOLD=2147483647

[Display]
    TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=70
    TextureMaxLoad=30

[TERRAIN]
    TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CELL=500
    SWAP_WAIT_TIMEOUT=10

[Main]
    FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.25

You have to change the shade cache version each time you edit fsx.cfg. So you start at 1 and the next time you make a tweak and save the changes you change it to 2 and so on and so forth. You will find that FSX will display a "Loading" message with a percentage bar when it starts much like the rebuilding scenery database message.

[GRAPHICS]
    SHADER_CACHE_VERSION=1 // Increment this number EVERYTIME you change fsx.cfg (it simply rebuilds the shader cache)

On the matter of the tweak, for my Windows XP, FSX SP2, Intel 8500 with Nvidia9600gt 1 gb system that I've found no improvement in framerates (in some cases I actually lose framerates). But that's just me.

Thanks Anthony for the reply... after reading all the links to different threads I got it

Thank you again
    Stu

Blog Entries
    i decided to throw the worst at it i could find.. LvlD over tokyo, ground shadows on, autogen very dense, ASE in the back, everything punched to the limit.. yesterday, that would have frozen my machine solid about half way across tokyo, today, its stuttery, but she keeps on going.. maybe 13 fps over all over that city.. I'm happy ..

I have had problems with disappearing textures to such an extent that I tried this tweak without hesitation. It has helped my system quite a bit. Aircraft and scenery textures load faster, but it still takes time for some of the more intense addons to load up. But all textures load inventually. I had problems with some addon textures not loading at all after about half an hour of operation.
    But the biggest difference is the sharpness of everything. All aircraft and scenery textures are more crisp and clean. The numbers, letters, and gauges in my VC panels are much clearer and easier to read. This is good for my 65 year old eyes. My FSX is not perfect, but this has helped quite a bit.
    John
    ATC USN Ret

For everyone having good results with this are you all using Windows 7 and have i7 processors. I'm wondering if applying the tweaks on my q6600 @ 3.4 and GTX 260 in Windows XP64 is going to help? It seems from most of what I read that everyone doing these tweaks are using Win7 and have some of the latest video cards and processors.

Brandon

Quote Originally Posted by thetford569 View Post
    For everyone having good results with this are you all using Windows 7 and have i7 processors. I'm wondering if applying the tweaks on my q6600 @ 3.4 and GTX 260 in Windows XP64 is going to help? It seems from most of what I read that everyone doing these tweaks are using Win7 and have some of the latest video cards and processors.

Brandon
    Ditto - my measly AMD6000 and geforce 8800GT is old school these days. I doubt the tweaks will help.
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    I us this tweek set with my AMD Phenom and Windows 7 64 Ultimate and get real nice fluid results. Still in early testing on my AMD Phenom XP machine although.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/