How much time do you spend in Flight Simulators? - Page 2

View Poll Results: How many hours do you spend on flight simulators?

Voters
301. You may not vote on this poll
  • Up to about 5 hours a Week and below

105 34.88%
  • Up to about 10 hours a Week and below

81 26.91%
  • Up to about 20 hours a Week and below

76 25.25%
  • Up to about 40 hours a Week and below

23 7.64%
  • Above 50 Hours a week

16 5.32%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How much time do you spend in Flight Simulators?

Hard poll to answer, but to be honest with myself I put down 20 hours or less per week.

That includes all the time tinkering with addons, adding repaints, converting repaints from FSX to FS9, shopping around for something new, etc., as well as actual flying, etc.

Decided not to include time at SOH.

--WH

I average about 20 - 25 hrs. a week on the sim, but probably half that time is spent tweaking and modifying rather than flying. I find that most of my flights are about 1 - 2 hours long.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

EVGA 790i Ultra | Q9450 @ 3.2GHz | PNY XLR8 OC 9800GTX 512Mb | 4Gb Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 | 2x WD 150Gb Raptor X RAID 1 (OS) | WD 300Gb VelociRaptor (FSX) | WD 640Gb Caviar (Data) | WD 500 & 160Gb External HD's | ASUS 20X DVD | Coolmax 1200W PSU | ASUS Silent Knight II HSF | Antec 900 case | Samsung 2443BWX | XP Pro SP3

Quote Originally Posted by Reddog View Post
    Retired and live alone, I'd say at least 5 hours aday 24/7.
    Ditto, neighbor, but more like 2 hours a day for me actual flight time.
    "If it ain't broke, fix it until it is"

As much as I can get away with. LOL!

I think that it's not enough, but my wife says waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much.

Maurice.

Z-DarthVader
    Not even averageing 2 hours a week anymore.

The GF broke up with me recently and I found out from her mother that she aborted our child before breaking up...

Sorry for the personal business, not in the habbit of doing this, but I'm devestated by this.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthVader View Post

The GF broke up with me recently and I found out from her mother that she aborted our child before breaking up...

Sorry for the personal business, not in the habbit of doing this, but I'm devestated by this.
    Sorry to hear about that.

However, as upsetting as it may be now, I'm sure in a few weeks/years you'll look back at this and be glad that things turned out the way they did. If this woman didn't have the maturity to discuss these matters with you beforehand, I hardly think she has the maturity to either have a solid relationship, or frankly to be a good parent.

Chin up, go and drink your bodyweight in beer.

My sim time varies, it has been down the last few months, but I would normally be close to the 20 hour mark. I just tried to sneak a new gaming rig into the house in hopes of getting some quality time in that Lionheart Epic, and some of my fav Piglet models, but... well see for yourself - the wife was not impressed...

Attachment 4294
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Freedom , everyone enjoys it, very few defend it. - If You Won't Stand Behind Our Troops then feel free to stand in front!

Unhappy That's Sad.

WOW that's terrible! We live in a crazy world these days. May your heart be consoled soon.
    SYSTEM: Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit |PSU - CoolMaster 1000Watt Gold edition |MoBo - Asus Sabertooth X79 |CPU - Intel i7 3930K OC (4.6 GHz) |Display - ATI Gigabyte 7970 HD |3X4GB G.Skill |Controls - TM HOTAS WARTHOG (Serial No. 4523) Saitek Rudder Pedals |TrackIR 4 Pro

I try to have 1 hour a day for flying - FSX, Lomac FC, Rise of FLight, Wings of Prey, DCS BS,

we sure have a lot to choose from eh
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

saddest thing I ever heard man...but it sure doesn't sound to me like you had much to do with either of her decisions...

chin up kid...bad stuff happens to good people every day
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

I put 5 hrs or below-that's flying time. If I was to include time spent reading flightsim forums, flightsim reviews, and such, I would have to double that estimate.

Back when it was all new to me, back in the days when IL-2, BOB, LOMAC, and B17-2 were just out, it was much more.

New addons, whether a/c or scenery, up the weekly total for awhile, but then I flatline until the next new goodie.

I think maybe I should head out to the local FBO, and do it for real.

Z-DarthVader
    Thanks for the support guys! Highly appreciated!

How much time do you spend in Flight Simulators?
    1. If you ask the wife: way too much!
    2. If you ask the lazy sod with the joystick: way too less

Regards
    Alex
    Dont grow up! ... It´s a trap!

SOH-CM-2024
    Truth be known, like these developers here, I spend much more time doing research and repaints for the two sims, than I ever spend actually simming.

I try and get an hour's flight (here lately, it is always in the Pacific Northwest:ernae before I bed down. Flying during the day is usually out, unless it happens to rain. There is just too much outdoor work and recreation to do in nice weather right now.

Now when the Dog Days of July and August get here, I'll fly during the hours of the high sun. ROFLMAO gigbyte

Quote Originally Posted by Cazzie View Post
    Truth be known, like these developers here, I spend much more time doing research and repaints for the two sims, than I ever spend actually simming.
    [...]
    I hear you on that, same with me. I spend around two hours a day (rather night) with the sim, of which actually maybe 15min is leisurly flying around and at least one good landing ( :-) ). The rest is SbuilderX, ADE, and a myriad of other tools. Sigh.

Cheers,
    Mark

Not as much as I would like to. Too many RL issues getting in the way. Hopefully things will pan out by the end of the year and I can get back to my usually rabid FS habits.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    Not as much as I would like to. Too many RL issues getting in the way. Hopefully things will pan out by the end of the year and I can get back to my usually rabid FS habits.
    Very little.

My time is either spent in Gmax, or in the simulator seeing whether what I've just done in Gmax works....

I did install the A2A Wings of Power: WW2 fighters the other day though, and I'm having a blast with that. Absolutely brilliant.

Is this thread sentient or something?

It seems to bump itself regularly, with no-one posting in it. Does it get bumped every time someone votes in the poll?

Go and die little thread. Your time has come.

I average around 25 hours each week flying either FS9 or FSX depending ...

Can't afford real flying at the moment, so I stay "somewhat" current with MSFS

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Skittles View Post
    Is this thread sentient or something?

It seems to bump itself regularly, with no-one posting in it. Does it get bumped every time someone votes in the poll?

Go and die little thread. Your time has come.
    Ye I've been amazed. Just keeps on ticking!?!
    SYSTEM: Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit |PSU - CoolMaster 1000Watt Gold edition |MoBo - Asus Sabertooth X79 |CPU - Intel i7 3930K OC (4.6 GHz) |Display - ATI Gigabyte 7970 HD |3X4GB G.Skill |Controls - TM HOTAS WARTHOG (Serial No. 4523) Saitek Rudder Pedals |TrackIR 4 Pro

I think it bumps back to the top whenever someone votes in the poll.
    Mathias

Yea, I think the general consensus has been reached. The numbers change very little, if at all and I'm sure the person who originally posted the poll has gotten the answer he was looking for. Maybe it's time to retire this one. . ."Moderators?":salute:
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Well, let me give it a ligit reason as to why it's again bumped back to the top..... again.

Tho I have a ton of stuff saved for installation in FSX and FS9, I haven't flown either one but maybe twice in the last year and twice the year before. I know, shame on me but after flying on the computer and online steady for the eight years before these two, I'm just plain ol burnt out. One of these days I'll get back into it but for now.... X3 TC has peaked my interest as it's something different. I can shoot and destroy something, and earn virtual credits doing it. Now if there was combat in FSX, I'd be in the air in a heartbeat.
    Gary -

Goundcrew Member - Warbirds of Delaware KILG - Member 7G Club
    Member of the War Eagles Air Museum Santa Teresa, NM
    KILG Tour Coordinator and Member of Collings Foundation Stowe, Mass
    Mid Atlantic Air Museum Reading, PA.

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Yea, I think the general consensus has been reached. The numbers change very little, if at all and I'm sure the person who originally posted the poll has gotten the answer he was looking for. Maybe it's time to retire this one. . ."Moderators?":salute:

I Agree. Next time I'll put a time limit on it.

Ben