Warbirdsim P-51 compared to A2A P-47?

Thread: Warbirdsim P-51 compared to A2A P-47?

Warbirdsim P-51 compared to A2A P-47?

Note the "compared", not "versus.

I have a screwy way of getting paid, with the result that this weekend I have plenty of cash, but only $50 that I can spend via the "internets". But, being the FSX junkie that I am, I would not mind spending that $50 on an addon.

Too little for PNW, too little for the B-17 with Accusim (which would be my first choice!), but maybe not too little for the WBS P-51.

Now, truth is, I have the A2A Jug, but rarely fly it, as I usually trash the engine within 15 minutes, or less, of starting. Yes, I am a terrible virtual pilot.

Hope, however, springs eternal, and the B/C model of the Mustang remains a favorite, so...

How does it compare, in your experience, to the A2A P-47? Visuals, flight model, systems management requirements, ease of flying, whatever?

The P-47 wins on all counts, except trashability.
    It's impossible to destroy the WBS engine, so it might just be the thing for you.
    On the other hand, you might read the manual for the P-47, once you know how to operate it, I find it's very hard to go wrong

(this is my personal opinion though, I love'em both)
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

gajit
    Yes - i have both but have to agree with Jankees. I would wait anyway in hope that A2A do great things with the Mustang - hopefully offering different versions.

for me too the p-47 is a winner in all fronts, nevertheless the p-51 is an excelent model.

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    On the other hand, you might read the manual for the P-47, once you know how to operate it, I find it's very hard to go wrong
    "He's mad that trusts in the tameness of a wolf, a horse's health,
    a boy's love, or a whore's oath."

Point taken, however.

Happiness Consultant
    If yer loving the A2A B-17 with accu-sim, you'll love the P-47 with Accu-sim.
    "Trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty!" John Adams 1772

Snuffy / Ted

Members who have read this thread: 1