Anyone Interested?

Thread: Anyone Interested?

Anyone Interested?

I've completed a conversion of Jens B. Kristensen's DC-4/C54D. The FSX/FS9 model V21.
    Completed is an air file with Aircraft.cfg.
    The mapping on this one is painter friendly.
    2D panel has no gauges yet.
    A very nice vc, minus gauges.
    Will need a proper .dp file.

If there is a need for this fine model in CFS2 I will go ahead on getting the proper permission for it to be uploaded.
    Whaduya think?

Dave

This is, without a doubt, the best C-54 flying in FS 9 and now CFS 2. The frame rates with it are great and it is usable as an AI aircraft without any CTDs.

Would it be possible for one of our panel and gauge experts to set the panels up with gauges? Anyone volunteer?
    Keep your airspeed up,

Jagdflieger

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...me=Jagdflieger

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty
    to purchase a little Temporary Safety,
    deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by dvslats View Post
    I've completed a conversion of Jens B. Kristensen's DC-4/C54D. The FSX/FS9 model V21.
    Completed is an air file with Aircraft.cfg.
    The mapping on this one is painter friendly.
    2D panel has no gauges yet.
    A very nice vc, minus gauges.
    Will need a proper .dp file.

If there is a need for this fine model in CFS2 I will go ahead on getting the proper permission for it to be uploaded.
    Whaduya think?

Dave
    Dave, I don;t see why the whole CFS2 community would not welcome this, seeing all the aircraft for CFS2 out there that were paper and theoretical concepts that never got past blueprint stage. You make it, I'll download it and fly it.

Some time in the future I'm going to be shopping for someone to do me two favors: Convert Tom Wood's 75 meg version of the Beech Staggerwing to CFS2 and if I get a commitment, I'll buy the Flight Aviator's Czech version of the Bf-109, the S-99, both for my private use. I appreciate different tastes in aviation history and all the obscure aircraft, but it's sort of weird that we have models of aircraft where only one unit of the plane was ever made while the Czech "Mezek"(mule) and the Beech Staggerwing are ignored for CFS2. The D17 S/W served in China as an ambulance and in the SCW as a light bomber; it is one of the most popular civilian craft ever built. The Us govt. used it as a embassy plane and the army ordered 240 total. I'm mystified why the plastic scale model and combat flight communities have ignored it.

Like I said, convert the Dc-4 and I'll grab it if no else does.

Bones
    My Dad's last words to me were, "Son, an eagle may soar to great heights, but a weasel never gets sucked into a jet engine..."
    And then he died...
    He was sucked into a jet engine...

Will Take Some Time

Well all, I can do the .dp file tonight.

About two HDD's back I had a massive collection of gauges. They're somewhere in cyber space now.

I can do a basic 2D panel then upload it as is.
    Maybe somebody will take the vc and populate its barren space.
    Jens did a beautiful job in there. The cockpit door and other goodies are also animated from the vc.

So that's what I'll do.

Dave

STAGGERWING

Tony;
    Don't know if you know this but W.E.B. Griffith refers to the staggerwing quite often as being owned by one of the principle characters in the "Honor" book series. That fictional character is portrayed as a member of the OSS. I believe that Griffith is married to the daughter of a member of the old junta that ran Argentina during WW2.

..... The mapping on this one is painter friendly....
    You do realise there are 10 .bmp's to do ..... :isadizzy: lol

It'll take time, but I have one in the paint shed.

btw, I converted a nice B-17 panel for this one. The vc isn't too difficult to fit out with gauges.

Thanks for this Dave - it is very much appreciated.

Pete
    AGAS 5 Textures

" AGAS 5 was a patrol callsign of the Z Special Unit (Z Force) during Project Kingfisher. This was the operation to free some 2,500 Australian and Allied POW's from occupied Borneo during WW2... only 6 POW's survived... ask MacArther what happened to the rest..." Frank Haley, Signalman, AGAS 5.

Quote Originally Posted by AGAS 5 View Post
    You do realise there are 10 .bmp's to do ..... :isadizzy: lol

It'll take time, but I have one in the paint shed.

btw, I converted a nice B-17 panel for this one. The vc isn't too difficult to fit out with gauges.

Thanks for this Dave - it is very much appreciated.

Pete
    That's a good point there Pete. Just doing a template of panel lines would be a true test of ones fiber and being. :violent: I have tried messing around to get a transparency for the cargo cabin windows with no joy. My attempt sees right thru to the outside with none of the interior showing ie a bulkhead or cabin wall. I'm sure that I'm missing something here.
    Oh yeah, one more thing about the fuselage portholes, the cargo version only had ten on port side and eleven for the starboard. That's a slight help because you wouldn't have to play with getting the roundel in and around these guys.
    Thanks for taking on the challenge. :ernae:

In the meantime...the .dp file is finished. Now all that's left is a reply for the permission to upload.
    Till Later, Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Fibber View Post
    Tony;
    Don't know if you know this but W.E.B. Griffith refers to the staggerwing quite often as being owned by one of the principle characters in the "Honor" book series. That fictional character is portrayed as a member of the OSS. I believe that Griffith is married to the daughter of a member of the old junta that ran Argentina during WW2.
    Thanks Fib, that's interesting. I have some Viet vet friends who are into Griffith, I'm more into the clandestine stuff myself and am a fan of Frederick Foresyth. I don;t read much fiction, never have. I write horror fiction, I don't read anything contemporary in the way of horror, I found nothing I like so I write my own. I wrote a story of a man who is in a remote viewing experiment that fudged, he finds himself in the ball turret of a B-17, a 110-G is rising up below him. Another time he finds himself in the cockpit of Zero heading for a kamikaze attack on a carrier, another time he is on the Eastern Front, finally he is an executioner for the SS Einsatzgruppen. One story, the whole first half starts in Russia in 1945 during tank battle, it concludes in a trailer court in the midwest US.

Hopefully I get the right person interested they will convert the SIMtech D17 to CFS2 for me.

Fly on

Bones
    My Dad's last words to me were, "Son, an eagle may soar to great heights, but a weasel never gets sucked into a jet engine..."
    And then he died...
    He was sucked into a jet engine...

I have tried messing around to get a transparency for the cargo cabin windows with no joy. My attempt sees right thru to the outside with none of the interior showing ie a bulkhead or cabin wall. I'm sure that I'm missing something here.
    Dave,

You're not missing anything...the plane is. There is no modeling for the interior. With no modeling inside the plane, when you make the windows transparent, you will see straight out the other side of the plane.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by OBIO View Post
    Dave,

You're not missing anything...the plane is. There is no modeling for the interior. With no modeling inside the plane, when you make the windows transparent, you will see straight out the other side of the plane.

OBIO
    Well that would explain a lot. I panned around to the other side just to make sure something was there. Lol

Members who have read this thread: 0